IGNORED

FBC POD - West Ham [H] the verdict ... Manning's Marvels are just that as City get physical!

headhunter

@Curr Avon Thanks for your work on these pods. I'm sorry you are constantly interrupted by Ian, especially around the 1 hour mark where he obnoxiously interrupts you for discussing City things of the past. 

It was totally relevant because the past is part of our present and is part of Bristol City and there was no need for that ignorance by your fellow guest. You've kept the podcast going for me the last few months..

Sadly I think this is the last straw for me as a listener and I've been listening since lockdown, Ian's abrasive and obnoxious behaviour has become totally unbarable. I would hate to be friends or talk to someone with such a rude and bulshy manner that he shows time and time again. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, 2015 said:

@Curr Avon Thanks for your work on these pods. I'm sorry you are constantly interrupted by Ian, especially around the 1 hour mark where he obnoxiously interrupts you for discussing City things of the past. 

It was totally relevant because the past is part of our present and is part of Bristol City and there was no need for that ignorance by your fellow guest. You've kept the podcast going for me the last few months..

Sadly I think this is the last straw for me as a listener and I've been listening since lockdown, Ian's abrasive and obnoxious behaviour has become totally unbarable. I would hate to be friends or talk to someone with such a rude and bulshy manner that he shows time and time again. 

I do think he needs to realise it’s not about him.  @headhunter sort him out 🤣

• Like 1

KUMB is hilarious today. On their match thread around pages 94-96, their red card was 'soft' and we should have had 5 (five) red cards.

VAR blah blah blah.

Tough shit cock-er-knees, it's a man's game in case you had forgotten in your Premier league bubble.

According to them, we are 'crap thugs'. This from a club that had renowned hard men like Bonds and Lampard snr. They've forgotten what football is, a CONTACT sport!

51 minutes ago, CloudyThatchers said:

I wonder who this mystery signing Ian knows about but won't tell us

I can't tell you who it is, but lets just say KDB is costing me a fortune in Leffe and Pralines! Excuse me, I'm just off to buy a Poirot box set.

Edited by Curr Avon

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

KUMB is hilarious today. On their match thread around pages 94-96, their red card was 'soft' and we should have had 5 (five) red cards.

VAR blah blah blah.

Tough shit cock-er-knees, it's a man's game in case you had forgotten in your Premier league bubble.

According to them, we are 'crap thugs'. This from a club that had renowned hard men like Bonds and Lampard snr. They've forgotten what football is, a CONTACT sport!

Tbf, there are over 1k comments under last night’s BBC match report and although there are certainly a good number along the lines you say above, I was struck by how many West Ham fans took defeat graciously, said it should be a man’s game, that City played better and fully deserved the win, and wished us all best in the next round.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tbf, there are over 1k comments under last night’s BBC match report and although there are certainly a good number along the lines you say above, I was struck by how many West Ham fans took defeat graciously, said it should be a man’s game, that City played better and fully deserved the win, and wished us all best in the next round.

Agreed, their forum is the same. I few ridiculous comments but plenty of them gave us credit and a lot of praise for our physical style. Not actually that many complaints, and even some of those complaining about the ref concede we deserved to win anyway. 

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

Same reason I stopped listening. 

7 hours ago, 2015 said:

In podcast terms, that was pretty shocking.  Just no reason for it either.

14 minutes ago, The turtle said:

In podcast terms, that was pretty shocking.  Just no reason for it either.

Totally obnoxious and rude. Turned off straight away, that's done it for me. I don't care about what YOU want to be discussed Ian. I want to hear what Mark has to say.

Shocking, bloke's a weapon.

57 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Totally obnoxious and rude. Turned off straight away, that's done it for me. I don't care about what YOU want to be discussed Ian. I want to hear what Mark has to say.

Shocking, bloke's a weapon.

Pretty spiteful, condescending and churlish from Ian.

Very unpleasant but almost instinctive behaviour which is not a great look at all.

Shame.

Edited by TomThumb84

7 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Pretty spiteful, condescending and churlish that.

Very unpleasant but almost instinctive behaviour which is not a great look at all.

Shame.

Fair enough if you think I'm being spiteful, but he is rude to the other guests, the host and various factions of our fanbase constantly. 

Edited by 2015

I’ve noticed whenever @headhunter asks Ian’s opinion there’s always a slight pause before Ian answers and rightly or wrongly it just makes me feel that it’s done for dramatic effect. Like we’re all waiting just to hear what Ian says. 

I do enjoy him being on the podcast and it wouldn’t be the same without him, but I’ve said it before, it’s really his arrogance that gets me. 

It’s not about having a difference of opinion either, that’s fine, but you really would think Ian had actually managed teams at this level when he says “ what I’d do….”

I don’t think the fact that @headhunter seems to refer to Ian as if he’s the fountain of all knowledge helps either. 

I agree Mark keeps the programme light and friendly and he always manages to have a giggle at something along the way 😂

Allowing people to finish what they’re saying instead of this talking over each other would be better from a listening point of view too. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, headhunter said:

A night to remember at Ashton Gate!

Match review episode also on Spotify etc.

great show as usual guys but sorry Dave you can't do it like Talksport(your boys took one hell of a beating)anyone remember how long ago the original commentary  was?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

great show as usual guys but sorry Dave you can't do it like Talksport(your boys took one hell of a beating)anyone remember how long ago the original commentary  was?  

You have to go back to 1981 for the "original" when Norway beat England 2-1. Hardly a "helluva beating" but part of commentator folklore!!

Here's the original: 

Edited by headhunter
Insert video link
  • Like 1

Regarding Ian and related comments from @2015 , @frenchred , @Bernard Lerring , @TomThumb84 , @luke_bristol , @The turtle , YES Ian did cross the line in his rudeness towards Mark in the latter stages of the podcast and I will have a quiet word.

As you know, we do a pod after every game and I've never had a late withdrawal from Ian in the 200+ episodes we've done so on that basis he's become a permanent fixture. It is  often not what Ian says but how he says it. His delivery, I acknowledge, often comes over as superior, belligerent, arrogant, aggressive or similar adjectives you might choose to describe him but for all his detractors there are many who comment that he doesn't talk *hit all the time!

He is like Piers Morgan in that he generates reaction and personally I wouldn't want to lose him to a podcast equivalent of GB News 😁

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Regarding Ian and related comments from @2015 , @frenchred , @Bernard Lerring , @TomThumb84 , @luke_bristol , @The turtle , YES Ian did cross the line in his rudeness towards Mark in the latter stages of the podcast and I will have a quiet word.

As you know, we do a pod after every game and I've never had a late withdrawal from Ian in the 200+ episodes we've done so on that basis he's become a permanent fixture. It is  often not what Ian says but how he says it. His delivery, I acknowledge, often comes over as superior, belligerent, arrogant, aggressive or similar adjectives you might choose to describe him but for all his detractors there are many who comment that he doesn't talk *hit all the time!

He is like Piers Morgan in that he generates reaction and personally I wouldn't want to lose him to a podcast equivalent of GB News 😁

That’s fair enough and generating reaction is what the Podcast should be about. Although I’d say that you can do that without resorting to those behaviours.  

I do think most of his detractors have actually said that they still enjoy him on the podcast, but for some (not me) the arrogance, belligerence and all the other adjectives you use, simply outweigh any value he may add to the conversation. 

• Like 1