IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

Just now, old_eastender said:

HT 1-1..  I'd take McCrorie off (he's not getting past his man and is on a yellow) bring on Mehmeti and move Twine to RHS.

Not helped by Tanner giving him hospital passes every time. He's been really poor

Were A funny side aren't we, rubbish at Preston (overall) fantastic over the two legs against West Ham and are now back to normal against a team less than a month ago we beat 4-1, isn't this just typical of us Will I ever live long enough that we do the expected consistently?

Always new this would be a tough game , Watford are a very decent side on their day , also new players / system and a bit of after the Lord Mayors show with beating West Ham , obviously want a win even if a mediocre performance but most importantly DONT LOSE 

• Like 1

Blimey, that was a tough watch, Watford by far the better team and ought to be ahead.

We are half a yard off all over the pitch.  Kone running the midfield.

Unsurprisingly for me might be too much for McCrorie today, has struggled.  It's so hard coming back from injury, you get through on adrenaline, but it can catch up on you.  I'd whip him off at h-t.  Plenty of games left for him.

Great save by Max at feet of Asprilla, but his kicking poor.

Need to be much better second half.

• Like 2

I'm actually okay with that performance. 

Firstly, I think we need to remind ourselves that Watford are one of the better teams in this division!

Secondly, they've pressed us and restricted our passing lanes very effectively.

Thirdly, they scored first, and yet we showed the character and quality to create a chance and get back in the game.

All that considered, it was a stodgy first half but we showed that we're a competitive, at times dangerous, team.

Pring has been brilliant.

Haven't seen Twine and Knight on the ball enough.

Good defensive shift from Tanner too.

• Like 3

Much better watch overall than recent league games so will take that.

Certainly looks like it has more goals in it, and got to say in the first half Watford look more likely. Nice to see the other side have a bit of a go, so we always have a chance. Asking a lot for a new formation to just ‘click’ maybe.