IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Racial abused at Shed Wed today. Video of it is pretty condemning. Vile act by the person involved. Genuinely what goes through peoples minds???

**** me they an Aryan team? 

Hope Weds fans got to the mug  before the stewards.

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A lot of Wednesday fans blaming Palmer for goading the crowd before it happened, including the Owls Till I Die podcast.  Apparently if he hadn’t done that then he wouldn’t have got abused.  Knuckledusters

I know a couple of Wednesday fans and I've always thought they were a good bunch. Much nicer than their city rivals. 

But after the Bradley Lowery incident, and now this, I'm starting to wonder. 

20240121_085234.jpg

20240121_085253.jpg

Milan keeper Mike Maignan at Udinese too.

https://news.sky.com/story/coventry-player-kasey-palmer-condemns-alleged-racist-abuse-made-during-sheffield-wednesday-match-13052966

Unbelievebale.

Clubs and authorities making all the usual comments and condemnations’, but I can’t help thinking that yet again it will all get forgotten…until the next time. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

I'm saddened and appalled to here this. Especially for a former player. They is no place for racial abuse anywhere in today's multicultural society and really just underlines how backward and stupid some people are. So what if he was, so say, goading some home fans, there is absolutely no excuse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know a couple of Wednesday fans and I've always thought they were a good bunch. Much nicer than their city rivals. 

20240121_085234.jpg

20240121_085253.jpg

I can't get over the phrase "embarrassment to his colour". 

It comes across as a clear indication that this person sees black/white/asian/native American people as fundamentally different to each other and therefore expects them to exhibit different behaviour.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

20240121_085234.jpg

20240121_085253.jpg

Ridiculous! If he was being that bad then call him a **** and move on. They really are trying to justify racism!

The line, “I don’t condone any racism whatsoever but…” is absolutely disgusting. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

I liked Robins post match, said some abuse of players and managers has always been part of the game but racism is beyond that. 

The video is clear and Weds say they will punish him/them , I doubt he will see a home game for some time and rightly so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I can't get over the phrase "embarrassment to his colour". 

It comes across as a clear indication that this person sees black/white/asian/native American people as fundamentally different to each other and therefore expects them to exhibit different behaviour.

Personally, in this day and age labelling people "black and white" is so wrong. They are either a good footballer or not and that's down to your own opinion.

Goading the crowd is part of the pantomime that is football. Racism, however, is not. No excuse.

Kasey Palmer isn't exactly my favourite player and if I see him play us I'm sure I'll boo or something like that when he touches the ball. If he scores, I'm sure he will give it back! That people think an acceptable response to that is to racially abuse him is absolutely ridiculous, I hope the offending fans get a lifetime ban.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Swede said:

Personally, in this day and age labelling people "black and white" is so wrong. They are either a good footballer or not and that's down to your own opinion.

I think in context you can use those terms. They are factual - someone is black, white or anything else. Just as they are short, tall or medium height for example. I wouldn't want to shut down proper debate on this by straight up banning certain words.

For me though the trouble with the phrase "embarrassment to his colour" is that it suggests that the person speaking it is able to sets the standard for acceptable behaviour in a group of people defined by skin colour. Also that the speaker then is the judge of when those standards are broken. It suggests that the behaviour is only unacceptable because it's a black man doing it. That's wrong.

That's an attempt at control, and is an indication of a belief in the superiority and power of one group over another.

Jamie Vardy (and dozens of others) chat shit to fans all the time...but I've never heard Vardy called an "embarrassment to his colour". 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The video is clear and Weds say they will punish him/them , I doubt he will see a home game for some time and rightly so.

The least of his worries given the fan that showed the image of Bradley Lowery got 200 hours community service and a 12-month suspended prison sentence. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, shelts said:

Are we saying that any abuse is ok as long as it’s not racist ?

Is it ok to abuse officials?

Proper double standards 

There's obviously different levels of abuse isn't there... 

Saying someone is 'shit' is slightly different to racially abusing them.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

20240121_085234.jpg

20240121_085253.jpg

Amazing isn’t it! So fans can goad opposition players, boo them at every corner, laugh at them when they get injured, call them every name under the sun etc etc and players are expected to develop a thick skin and ignore it week after week after week, but the moment fans are goaded by a player, then it’s perfectly acceptable for fans to react in any way they choose. 
 Sorry no excuses for that behaviour. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

There's obviously different levels of abuse isn't there... 

Saying someone is 'shit' is slightly different to racially abusing them.

I met Kasey a few times when he training with the 21s and out of the picture . He was a nice lad . 
Racial abuse creeping back in . Not heard it recently at the Gate 

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

A lot of Wednesday fans blaming Palmer for goading the crowd before it happened, including the Owls Till I Die podcast.  Apparently if he hadn’t done that then he wouldn’t have got abused.  Knuckledusters

It's very hypocritical of some fans who goad players with chants during the game but when the player goads back all of a sudden it's the player who is out of order!  Weird logic!  

Regarding Wednesday fans justifying racial abuse, the mind boggles!

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It's very hypocritical of some fans who goad players with chants during the game but when the player goads back all of a sudden it's the player who is out of order!  Weird logic!  

Regarding Wednesday fans justifying racial abuse, the mind boggles!

Yeah see my post

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

20240121_085234.jpg

20240121_085253.jpg

Ah, the classic "I'm not a racist but..." .

Which immediately tells you the person is in fact a racist.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Yes, surely there's plenty of insults you can throw without mentioning colour,use your imagination 

Exactly - he is a shit, lazy, flash in the pan (occassionally) show pony.

Being Black, White or any other race, has no bearing on that & is a stupidly wrong thing to bring into the equation.