IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/327735-everything-else-will-be-overshadowed/ the view of SWFC fans.

As for automatic forfeits; yes that could be open to fixing "it was a load of gurt teds" etc.

However forfeit games are usually awarded 3-0 to the other side. That will skew the tables. Potentially many 3-0 "wins" for muti racial teams.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/327735-everything-else-will-be-overshadowed/ the view of SWFC fans.

As for automatic forfeits; yes that could be open to fixing "it was a load of gurt teds" etc.

However forfeit games are usually awarded 3-0 to the other side. That will skew the tables. Potentially many 3-0 "wins" for muti racial teams.

Thanks for posting. I haven’t read all 44 pages, but it’s reassuring that the vast majority of posters on there are rightly ashamed and angry about what happened.

I agreed with @Kid in the Riots earlier post: Wednesday fans have always been ones I’ve had a lot of time for and the couple of tweets he posted didn’t reflect that. But there’s a lot more sense being talked on that thread you linked to.

I guess there will always be reasons why any punishment is unfair, potentially gets abused etc. But I’ve yet to hear a perfect solution, and in the absence of one, it just feels like doing nothing shouldn’t be an option from now on. 

13 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Upset fans trying to justify racism because the opposition player was goading them is pathetic and scummy.

Unfortunately the world we live in very much sees the victims as the problem. 

I've currently got a matter going through the courts about hate speech used against me. 

The attitude of those responsible is very much "if you wasn't such a snow flake and wasn't offended so easily then there wouldn't be a problem" 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, 22A said:

As for automatic forfeits; yes that could be open to fixing "it was a load of gurt teds" etc

Exactly what will happen and shows how out of touch Fifa president Gianni Infantino is with fans at the ground level. 

10 hours ago, italian dave said:

Thanks for posting. I haven’t read all 44 pages, but it’s reassuring that the vast majority of posters on there are rightly ashamed and angry about what happened.

I agreed with @Kid in the Riots earlier post: Wednesday fans have always been ones I’ve had a lot of time for and the couple of tweets he posted didn’t reflect that. But there’s a lot more sense being talked on that thread you linked to.

I guess there will always be reasons why any punishment is unfair, potentially gets abused etc. But I’ve yet to hear a perfect solution, and in the absence of one, it just feels like doing nothing shouldn’t be an option from now on. 

Personally I think being made to play an amount of games behind clothes doors is reasonable if proven after an investigation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

Exactly what will happen and shows how out of touch Fifa president Gianni Infantino is with fans at the ground level. 

What’s your solution then? It’s easy to come up with the reasons not to, and the potential problems.

I’m not having a go at you. As a fan, I don’t want grounds closed or points deductions either. And I’m no fan of Infantino (who I suspect is saying this now in the hope it just blows over). But I also don’t think it’s right to just sit back and let this keep happening.

And, ultimately, it will reach the point where players walk off and stay off (and rightly so) - and then what do you do? Dock points from Coventry and Milan? 

12 hours ago, italian dave said:

I think the comments pretty much saying Palmer was "fair game" predominantly came from X which is basically the cesspit of social media. Have a look at the reaction to Joey Barton's comments and behaviour on there.....I can see why "good old Joey" tends to use that as his platform of choice, that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

What’s your solution then? It’s easy to come up with the reasons not to, and the potential problems.

I’m not having a go at you. As a fan, I don’t want grounds closed or points deductions either. And I’m no fan of Infantino (who I suspect is saying this now in the hope it just blows over). But I also don’t think it’s right to just sit back and let this keep happening.

And, ultimately, it will reach the point where players walk off and stay off (and rightly so) - and then what do you do? Dock points from Coventry and Milan? 

No I don’t know what the answer is but I just thought Infantino hasn’t thought it through.

16 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not sure how you’d police this suggestion, what’s to stop ‘match fixing’ by someone who isn’t a fan of a club attending, abusing and the the match is forfeit.  Seems to be an easy way to nobble a rival.

He is a hypocrite as he supports countries where males rule and women are third class citizens. And countries where anyone who is other than straight (is that correct?) is punished or treated badly.

I'm sorry if I don't know all the latest terms and names for those who differ from the majority.