IGNORED

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Tre Bong

On 21/01/2024 at 22:57, Ziderarmy said:

The best to ever have picked a cue up. A natural talent. We’re fortunate to be living in the same era snooker wise. 

Snooker will shrivel away when Ronnie retires.

He is up there with the most talented sportsmen, in his field. I know Snooker is very much minority, but the talent he has is ridiculous. He is miles better than the next best, when he is on it.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He is up there with the most talented sportsmen, in his field. I know Snooker is very much minority, but the talent he has is ridiculous. He is miles better than the next best, when he is on it.

It’s hard to put into words the talent he possesses. His left hand game is probably good enough to be a top 16 player which is also simply absurd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Agree on both points.

That said, it's pretty shocking that there seems to have been no new generation of talent come through to really challenge him. 

That the likes of Mark Williams and Higgins are still near the top of the game at coming on for 50 shows a dearth of talent in the wider game.

I really like Robert Milkins (Bemmie Down boy) but he's 47 and has had all kinds of health problems including battling alcoholism, but is still a top 16 player. 

The sport is still pretty much dominated (in terms of numbers at the top of the rankings) by players from one country: England.

Ronnie is a genius but I believe he has made the point himself, that the overall standard in snooker (particularly outside the top 16) is pretty poor. 

Sadly, without him, it'll probably continue to decline. 

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The sport is still pretty much dominated (in terms of numbers at the top of the rankings) by players from one country: England.

Strange that isnt it? Considering the sport has been very popular in China for more than a decade, and we have only seen a few Chinese players break through. Apparently 50M players pick up a cue in China.