IGNORED

VaR - again

Robbored

Blades forward Brewster went in to a tackle with both feet up, from behind sends the WH player flying and the ref gives a yellow card!

it was a shocking tackle, a real leg breaker.

VaR send the ref to the monitor who then eventually gave a red, a deserved red,

Two points 1) why didn’t the linesman just feet away tell the ref it was a red? 2) had VaR not been available Brewster would have got away with just a yellow.

Good job there was no VaR at AG on Tuesday………..

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Blades forward Brewster went in to a tackle with both feet up, from behind sends the WH player flying and the ref gives a yellow card!

it was a shocking tackle, a real leg breaker.

VaR send the ref to the monitor who then eventually gave a red, a deserved red,

Two points 1) why didn’t the linesman just feet away tell the ref it was a red? 2) had VaR not been available Brewster would have got away with just a yellow.

Good job there was no VaR at AG on Tuesday………..

So to confirm VAR did its job on this occasion?

• Like 3

Very poor officiating at the end.

Blatant red for the dive tackle, which ref initially gave a yellow. 

Couldn’t see what the West Ham keeper had done apart from triggering the Sheff Utd player to do some aerobatics - no VAR intervention.

Bowen was blatantly rugby tackled at the end which the referee and VAR bottled. 

Then ref blew up for the end of the match seconds after he missed the Bowen penalty when there had to be several minutes left.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How a pen wasn't given right at the end I don't know. Bowen was rugby tackled! 

He was but VaR didn’t tell the referee to visit the monitor. The ref gave the free kick against Bowen.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

He was but VaR didn’t tell the referee to visit the monitor. The ref gave the free kick against Bowen.

Yes. Bowen was rugby tackled and this caused him to handle the ball which the ref gave the free kick for. 

Just totally bizarre how the ref and VAR don't give that. 

• Like 3

Straight choice as you all pay your money...

I would choose the option for hard tackling and missing the odd foul for free flowing football and instant decisions...

I don't pay for the thrill of watching forensic decisioning, and linesman who don't flag Conway 10 yards offside but wait for the possibility of a him breaking his leg pointlessly...

Shove VAR where the sun don't shine. Give me my game back.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nor could anyone else. The ref gave the foul against Bowen and that’s why VaR didn’t review it.

But that's a perfect example of a clear and obvious error and precisely when VAR should intervene. 

I'd like to hear the audio of this because something does not sit right with me. 

Screenshot_20240121_230320_YouTube.jpg

• Like 3