IGNORED

City v Forest - Not on TV? Any advice on how it can be viewed?

brady bunch

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just a reminder that, since it`s a cup game, those of us living outside the RB area will be able to get online commentary via the BBC Football page.

I think a time has come for UK local radio stations to broadcast anywhere in the country. It’s massively unfair and crazy that a season ticket holder like me who lives elsewhere has to pay to listen to my team when a local season ticket holder doesn’t. Ridiculous.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I think a time has come for UK local radio stations to broadcast anywhere in the country. It’s massively unfair and crazy that a season ticket holder like me who lives elsewhere has to pay to listen to my team when a local season ticket holder doesn’t. Ridiculous.  

Absolutely. I could, if I could be arsed, drive forty miles up the M5 and listen to it on the car radio but I can`t sat at home.

Ridiculous in this day and age.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Rights issues etc.

Matter for the EFL and broadcasters, in this instance the BBC to thrash out.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rights issues etc.

It’s not like we are watching it, just the chance to listen in. Completely crazy, club should give season ticket holders free access to radio commentary. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rights issues etc.

It’s odd though isn’t it - you can listen to a league match on local radio (DAB or FM - so nearer the ground) but not on that same radio station’s internet feed. Is it because of overseas rights, ie because internet is available anywhere in the world, the concern is it might harm the overseas TV deal? 

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

It’s odd though isn’t it - you can listen to a league match on local radio (DAB or FM - so nearer the ground) but not on that same radio station’s internet feed. Is it because of overseas rights, ie because internet is available anywhere in the world, the concern is it might harm the overseas TV deal? 

I would a possible answer on digital spy forums from 2011:

"They haven't had the rights for Football League commentaries on the web since 2000 / 2001, they were sold (by the league) to Premium TV - now Perform Group (I think) - on an incredibly long deal. "

Just a rights issue, I guess someone else has them:

A quick Web search shows DAZN may have been owned by or owned Perform and there were also some links to Perform being ditched/made bancrupt.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Might need to bet to unlock it?

I'm trusting the folks with my betfair account with the app running in bluestacks on a pc so they can get full screen on the telly. Judging by the bournmouth game today, the quality is less than SD. I don't know if bet365 run a better quality feed.

Edited by Sleepy1968
I don't think you'll need to bet but account will probably need to be funded

On 22/01/2024 at 17:53, brady bunch said:

Hi All,

Its sold out and I heard that it is not on TV? and assume as its the cup, it will not be on Robins TV !

Anyone know how I can watch or stream it, happy to pay a subscription, but I just would prefer not to be scrambling around looking for dodgy steams that drop in and out and have tonnes of adverts for even more dodgy websites?

Thanks in advance for any help given (BTW - yes I am a season ticker holder, but also an exile away from City and cannot make it to the game!)

In OZ I can watch it on paramount plus for $9.99 Ozzie which is about 7 pounds. 

3 hours ago, Claverham_Red said:

24 tickets now available online.

I saw 37 in the upper lansdown yesterday evening. Five minutes later the 'buy tickets' link had disappeared.

They'll probably flitter in and out until a couple of hours before ko. I don't know why they don't create a live link on the os home page as I'm sure some people that could now go may miss out on these.

13 hours ago, Rocky said:

I’m sure there are IPTV threads on the forum that’ll help people get all these channels 👀

It's avaliable on Viaplay 3 here in the Baltics, but it's a monthly pay channel and if you subscribe I presume you can get it on the internet site. As I don't have cable anymore in Estonia, I presume the RB commentary will be available on the OS audio feed, although, it remains to be seen if it will be working.

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Wow what an effort 👏. After Christmas as well . We have so much potential. Hope everyone enjoys tonight 

If we ever get our sh!t together and get promoted - big IF - we'd need a bigger ground.

Unlike another club we could mention, genuinely need it.

Some people would be turning up to watch the opposition as much as City, of course, but the Premier League and elite football is ridiculously popular compared to years ago. 

• Like 1