IGNORED

Happy Birthday Louis Carey!

39 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Agree with pretty much all that Graham, although he wouldnt get in my all time team ahead of Merrick, Collier, Hunter.

Im nit picking though ! Boody good player, and was humble enough to play Toolstation after such a great career.

Hunter was here 2-3 years wasn’t he?

I know it’s a generation thing so your opinion will differ to mine. But the guy was 33 when he arrived here. 

He cannot be in your all time City team. Surely?

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I know it’s a generation thing so your opinion will differ to mine. But the guy was 33 when he arrived here. 

Fantastic player for us and first name (after John Atyeo) on my all time BCFC players list.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

48 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Every day of the week.

He was by far the best player I have seen play for us & I saw 7 years of Gerry Gow.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I don't know he was like off the pitch,but on it Louis was a great player for us and to be honest, I expect he is a little bit embarrassed about how things finished up.Not really his fault though. 

I have a lot of time for Louis but would have preferred him to have taken big John's record properly by not buggering off to Coventry!

Very contrived in the end unfortunately...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Fantastic player for us and first name (after John Atyeo) on my all time BCFC players list.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Every day of the week.

He was by far the best player I have seen play for us & I saw 7 years of Gerry Gow.

Fair enough. 

I didn’t see him live, so can only go by stats. Just surprising you have that opinion when he wasn’t here very long, with his best years behind him at that time.

Must have been some player.

I really liked Carey as a player. Always got stuck in, even in a game I vaguely remember when he had to be bandaged up Terry Butcher style, and had skill too - he was effective as a right back as well as centre back. Happy birthday Louis. 

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Yes.

He starred (absolutely) when we played at the highest level.

Coming to City seemed to resurrect his career, he was given more responsibility and took it with both hands.

I get where youre coming from, but that was my take on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

True, he is. Technically.

But he won't be getting a statue, a stand or some other memorial - which record holders usually do, even at the most tinpot clubs.

Which tells you all you need to know.

Good player was Carey. But he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Atyeo, I'm afraid.

You were the one that mentioned him in the same breath though.... 

54 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Carey was an expert man marker. Probably the best CB I've seen for us at man marking. 

Also very good at knowing just how much he could get away with when it came to referees. 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I remember one night, as a nipper, my grandad sent me out to buy 20 No6 ,the tobacconist was closed so I went to the Chinese takeaway on the corner and came home with 3 bags of egg fried rice. 

Similar sense of humour, a so bet he was pleased, chink in your amour me old china