IGNORED

we will be away on the first day of next season 2024/25

The balloon fiesta takes place over weekend 10/11 august 2024 and the new season starts the same weekend

FIVE of the TWELVE match's will be televised LIVE each weekend,legally 

I originally thought the five live games were to be scheduled for fri/sat/sun/mon

I think all five games will go up BT/TNT 12:30pm kick offs on Saturday.

As I have stated before I prefer 12:30pm kick offs for AWAY GAMES,as it gives more time for those who drive home a bit more day light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

The balloon fiesta takes place over weekend 10/11 august 2024 and the new season starts the same weekend

I originally thought the five live games were to be scheduled for fri/sat/sun/mon

As I have stated before I prefer 12:30pm kick offs for AWAY GAMES,as it gives more time for those who drive home a bit more day light.

10/11th is correct, not read anywhere all games would be at 12.30 (that sounds ridiculous from a viewers prospective ) first day (s) of the season ALL Championship matches are live on Sky..

Following consideration by the EFL Board, the League can today confirm the fixture schedule for the 2024/25 season with kick-off set to take place over the weekend of 10/11 August 2024, with the regular League campaign ending on May 3, 2025.

The 46 rounds of League matches will take place across 33 weekends, 9 midweeks and 4 Bank Holidays in the Championship, with Leagues One and Two playing over 36 weekends, 6 midweeks and 4 Bank Holidays.

The Cup and Trophy competitions remain in their current formats with the Carabao Cup beginning in mid-August and the Group Stage of the Bristol Street Motors Trophy, involving League One, League Two and 16 invited under-21 Premier League teams, starting in early September. The Sky Bet Play- Offs will take place over the 2025 May Bank Holiday Weekend.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

• SCHEDULE & SLOTS

Will Article 48 (3pm blocked broadcasting period) still apply?

• Yes, the blocked period between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturdays will remain.
  • This means there will be seven 3pm games in the Championship, and 19 x 3pm games in League One and Two combined, which will not be broadcast each weekend
  • Why has the EFL retained the 3pm blocked broadcasting period?

• As above, all options were considered and on the table for the right bid
  • The bid from Sky Sports was ultimately the strongest which sought to make a significant amount of EFL match action available while protecting Saturday blocked hours
  • When will live EFL matches be broadcast?

• Weekend fixtures slots will be broadcast outside blocked hours across the weekend
  • Full fixture slots will be confirmed in due course
  • Will the new deal just see some clubs selected more frequently than others?

• The new deal includes an agreement that there is a more equal spread of club picks
  • Championship clubs will be live approximately 23 times per season
  • League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season
  • The objective has been to apply more balance and certainty to broadcast selections
  •  
  • Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will take centre stage in the Sky Bet Championship and fans in Sky Bet League One and League Two will benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five games being broadcast live.

• Under the new deal, the following will be available to view:
    • 10 weekend games across the three divisions
    • All opening and final day fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL
    • All midweek league fixtures
    • All bank holiday fixtures including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
    • All fixtures played in League One & Two during international breaks
    • All Play-Off, Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy fixtures (as above)
  • Thanks 1

That’s gonna be a lot of non-3pm games.

Based on their being 36 Saturday rounds and 10 midweek rounds, if they say clubs will be on tv on average 23 times, does that include being live for some of the midweek games too?  If not 23 out of 36 could be moved?  That sounds crazy?

I would’ve thought the average would be 5/12 of 36?

@Never to the dark side???

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I need a bit of certainty when games are going to be played, to accommodate schedules etc. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hmm. I dislike 12:30 kick offa and Sunday games so too many of them and I'll possibly not renew my ST in the future.

Same for me. 

Bloody hell. Saturday football at 3 o clock please

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Based on their being 36 Saturday rounds and 10 midweek rounds, if they say clubs will be on tv on average 23 times, does that include being live for some of the midweek games too?  If not 23 out of 36 could be moved?  That sounds crazy?

I would’ve thought the average would be 5/12 of 36?

@Never to the dark side???

5/12 x 36 = 15

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This is sure to hit subscriptions to Robins TV as well, since on any given weekend there is almost a 50% chance we will be on live anyway. 

Live on Sky. So actually it means that I now have to get a RobinsTV package and some sort of Sky/NowTV package to watch us. So paying twice (it's not like RobinsTV is going to suddenly be £80 a season is it) if I want to watch legally (well semi-legally in VPN-land).

19 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

12:30pm

Starting in the dark(winter times only) and after a good nights sleep,hopefully,

and two and maybe  three hours drive home in day light.

We had a 12.30 at Huddersfield a couple of years ago. Last day of the season. The drive home enabled us to listen to the 3pm kick offs, and to every one of those seven goals that R#####s put past Scunthorpe. It might have been daylight, but it was bloody awful!

Seriously, I guess the bottom line is that in winter there aren’t enough hours of daylight for a long away trip. Personally, I prefer getting home at 10pm  to leaving home at 6am. But that’s just me. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hmm. I dislike 12:30 kick offa and Sunday games so too many of them and I'll possibly not renew my ST in the future.

It states above kick off times to be decided, best not to get ahead of ourselves just yet

Think there will still be the same slots for Championship games  (Fridays, Saturday lunchtimes, occasional Sundays early and the odd Monday). Guess they will have the additional games on red button mostly on Saturdays. Argument being it's less disruptive moving kick off forward a bit than changing the date.  

I think I read that because so many games will be live that kick off times and dates will be decided a long way in advance. This should at least allow a bit of planning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Think there will still be the same slots for Championship games  (Fridays, Saturday lunchtimes, occasional Sundays early and the odd Monday). Guess they will have the additional games on red button mostly on Saturdays. Argument being it's less disruptive moving kick off forward a bit than changing the date.  

I think I read that because so many games will be live that kick off times and dates will be decided a long way in advance. This should at least allow a bit of planning. 

Yes good point - that will help. I think I read that all the games until Christmas would be locked down before the start of the season. 

3 hours ago, eardun said:

Yes good point - that will help. I think I read that all the games until Christmas would be locked down before the start of the season. 

It's like that in Rugby. 3 of 5 games are on tv. If you work for NHS etc you are on shifts sorted out a long time in advance. At least people will be able to request time off so they can watch.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 17:32, Never to the dark side said:

12:30 kick offs on Sunday will count me out, no more season tickets for me

On 25/01/2024 at 01:32, Never to the dark side said:

I will be back in the UK last week in July to the first week in September. I have to be at a wedding on the 10th of August in all places Wales. But I intend to get in as many city games as I can.

Will I though be watching prem games hahahahaha at BS3 ?????