IGNORED

Forest Forum, LTLF

Cole Not Gas

Some very humorous guys on the Forest forum so worth a look if you get the chance. A few things i picked up; they think our fans are 'nuts' from the days they found their Amici was no longer serving coffee and from when they thought Ashton Park was a nice place for a post-match stroll!. How times have changed with all the love and dove we now have; a full house at BS3 again (thanks Liam), 15% off drinks in a fantastic stadium (thanks Steve) and the chance of an FA Cup run.

I know this isn't all negative about our club so expect some typical comments but;...we are so fortunate not to be a Blackpool, Bury, Bristol Rovers, Charlton, Derby, Sheff Wednesday, Reading, etc 

Cant wait for tomorrow, Come on City

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Cole Not Gas said:

Some very humorous guys on the Forest forum so worth a look if you get the chance. A few things i picked up; they think our fans are 'nuts' from the days they found their Amici was no longer serving coffee and from when they thought Ashton Park was a nice place for a post-match stroll!. How times have changed with all the love and dove we now have; a full house at BS3 again (thanks Liam), 15% off drinks in a fantastic stadium (thanks Steve) and the chance of an FA Cup run.

I know this isn't all negative about our club so expect some typical comments but;...we are so fortunate not to be a Blackpool, Bury, Bristol Rovers, Charlton, Derby, Sheff Wednesday, Reading, etc 

Your next sentence should be: Be careful what you wish for!

People like you are part of the reason this club has not progressed 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Amici ?

The debate is a bit binary and polarised IMO.

We have progressed..Up to a point. Over 20 years, infrastructure etc. More Academy, this 20 years better than the prior etc.

We seem to lack what it takes for next step though, we have had tilts at the playoffs 2 of them plus a playoff final..Maybe a small go post the playoff final but we seem to have reached a certain point at least twice plus the playoff final, then we plateau and or go backwards.

Otoh for a myriad of reasons many clubs below us in the pyramid 25 years ago overtook us! Some fell back and maybe still were falling, but we have reached a certain point but ironically thought we had just the team to push further on in NP and his staff plus Gould as CEO.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Better back in the Amici days imo 👍🏼

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Better back in the Amici days imo 👍🏼

Apparently its a family bar with women & kids , well it certainly wasn’t when we walked past before the game , when walked back after it surprising how strong those women and kids are launching chairs and bottles back at the city fans 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Apparently lots a family bar with women & kids , well it certainly wasn’t when we walked past before the game 

They definitely got what they deserved that day. Bullies trying to pick off City fans walking past in their 1’s or 2’s, weren’t so big when up against a bit of force. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 4

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

They definitely got what they deserved that day. Bullies trying to pick off City fans walking past in their 1’s or 2’s, weren’t so big when up against a bit of force. 

Yes those women and kids had a pop at 3 of us walking past before the game , like you said got what was coming to them , 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, redkev said:

Apparently its a family bar with women & kids , well it certainly wasn’t when we walked past before the game , when walked back after it surprising how strong those women and kids are launching chairs and bottles back at the city fans 

Remember it well 👀 

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I left bang on the whistle that day along with scarfers, families etc. A group of Forest tried to goad/wade in, word must’ve quickly got back to our lot as they then came steaming out and ran them up Radcliffe Road where the battle of the Amici Wine Bar took place. I then saw patio furniture flying in all directions, it seemed to take ages for things to get under control by which time Forest must’ve felt like it was more Alamo than Amici! 

11 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Spot on and that’s exactly what happened. When i came out Forest were there waiting with wood to attack us with. They didn’t last there long though once everyone got out

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

Not serving coffee the following morning

Quickest shop front refit all care of the CSF. Good day out was that.
As others have said, picking off ones and twos prematch was not a good idea.
As the saying goes - “If you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows”.

youtube - “Forest v Bristol riot” for the full story.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

That’s obviously where all the women & children were stood ,  bar full of women & kids my arse 

I know when some city entered the bar and forest were retreating out through back doors there wasn’t any women and kids in there just a few geezers holding some very sore heads 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Why did you not post a quick link?

Edited by pillred

29 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Is there any possibility of a 'reminiscing about how football was better with violence involved' subforum where people can boast about how hard they used to be without the rest of us having to put up with this brainless mush?

It used to be a bit of a right of passage back in the day, I suppose it looks bad from today's millennial eyes perspective, it still goes on though just not as much at the actual grounds.

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

It used to be a bit of a right of passage back in the day, I suppose it looks bad from today's millennial eyes perspective, it still goes on though just not as much at the actual grounds.

Much as you might like to believe otherwise, it was a minority thing back them too, especially by the time of the Forest incident you all seem so fond of, which was fairly recent compared to a lot of it.

I couldn't give a monkeys if it still goes on away from the grounds, at least it's no longer a part of the matchday experience and is no longer ruining watching football like it used to for the majority of fans.

P.S. pretty sure I'm not a millennial, I grew up watching City in the late seventies and early eighties.

15 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Much as you might like to believe otherwise, it was a minority thing back them too, especially by the time of the Forest incident you all seem so fond of, which was fairly recent compared to a lot of it.

I couldn't give a monkeys if it still goes on away from the grounds, at least it's no longer a part of the matchday experience and is no longer ruining watching football like it used to for the majority of fans.

P.S. pretty sure I'm not a millennial, I grew up watching City in the late seventies and early eighties.

90% of topics on this forum i barely read so don't comment on them as i just find them of no interest to me whatsoever but i do accept that other people might find it interesting, i find that's a good way to go

19 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

dont spoil the narrative, you woke snowflake

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

dont spoil the narrative, you woke snowflake

Now now. We don't need more OTIB civil wars breaking out. 😆

My view is that the majority of us around during the times when violence was at its worst through to the Nottingham Wine Bar times to the Swansea at home game fairly recently. These things happened and people who were there and saw it look back at it and reminisce about it. Mostly, remembered with some humorous stories that happened because if the incidents rather than 'ooo look how hard I am' etc, etc. 

Like or not it was a part of football history (and continues to be to a lesser extent) as a whole and like other bad stuff from history it should be learnt from and not deleted.

One thing I can't stand are people being all high and mighty and condescending about things in general, not just football.   

• Like 4

I agree no one was boasting about it just saying how it was , when I grew up it was what you done in general you had fights at football matches with like minded people , not everyone did ( before people come on and say I never ) even though I was part of what went on , I always went to work , paid my bills , treated older people with respect , respected the law / police ( apart from football thing ) never damaged or took anyone’s property . I do look back and shake my head and think oh god sometimes and admit now I’m older prefer to chat and have a beer with likeminded fans of other clubs . Just so glad I’m not like younguns of today ( not all ) disrespect nearly everything including property & police ,half don’t work and go round gangs stabbing people sometimes leading to death and oh yes drugs aswell .

its just what happened in the 80s & 90s when I was at my most impressionable 🤷

• Like 5
  • Flames 1