IGNORED

Forest Forum, LTLF

Cole Not Gas

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Much as you might like to believe otherwise, it was a minority thing back them too, especially by the time of the Forest incident you all seem so fond of, which was fairly recent compared to a lot of it.

I couldn't give a monkeys if it still goes on away from the grounds, at least it's no longer a part of the matchday experience and is no longer ruining watching football like it used to for the majority of fans.

P.S. pretty sure I'm not a millennial, I grew up watching City in the late seventies and early eighties.

I'm not fond of it I was merely stating that back in the late '60s and early seventies there was tribal violence at football grounds with the Skinhead phenomenon of the time, now the violence is orchestrated through social media and smartphones, and there seems to be very little trouble actually in the ground these days, it may have been a minority thing back then but it was still pretty commonplace. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Is there any possibility of a 'reminiscing about how football was better with violence involved' subforum where people can boast about how hard they used to be without the rest of us having to put up with this brainless mush?

The snowflake football today is completely sanitised I know. Prefer the old skool stuff TBH.  Not necessarily the rucks, but the Forest lads did come looking for trouble and they found it. 

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

The snowflake football today is completely sanitised I know. Prefer the old skool stuff TBH.  Not necessarily the rucks, but the Forest lads did come looking for trouble and they found it. 

Exactly. I was there, forest were swinging at anyone coming out of the away end that day. If it wasn't for the blokes that chased them back to the Amici bar, a lot of innocents would have been caught up in it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, red84 said:

Exactly. I was there, forest were swinging at anyone coming out of the away end that day. If it wasn't for the blokes that chased them back to the Amici bar, a lot of innocents would have been caught up in it.

Indeed, that’s what I saw on the day as per my previous post on this thread. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, red84 said:

Agreed.

Which is why stupid comments on here from supporters who obviously weren’t there on the day just pisses you off sometimes. Football was so different back in the day.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Bit of a repeat performance for forest of the pitch tonight 

Funny that,  I seen a couple of mini buses of likely lads at strensham services very early today , I would say about 1 pm so they would of been in Bristol by 2pm 

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Funny that,  I seen a couple of mini buses of likely lads at strensham services very early today , I would say about 1 pm so they would of been in Bristol by 2pm 

Nothing major but they were gobbing off to anyone and everyone then came round a corner and came unstuck and went very quiet 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 19:38, redkev said:

Apparently its a family bar with women & kids , well it certainly wasn’t when we walked past before the game , when walked back after it surprising how strong those women and kids are launching chairs and bottles back at the city fans 

What a day that was!

I can remember back in the early 70's NF had quite a rep. To quote every football manager ever, " not an easy place to come to". I remember our first visit ,circa 72 (lost 1-0, Galley ironically). We got off the train and out of the station (furtively), turned a corner only to be confronted by graffiti on a bridge saying...........Last chance to shit out and run  , which made us feel a whole lot safer !  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I can remember back in the early 70's NF had quite a rep. To quote every football manager ever, " not an easy place to come to". I remember our first visit ,circa 72 (lost 1-0, Galley ironically). We got off the train and out of the station (furtively), turned a corner only to be confronted by graffiti on a bridge saying...........Last chance to shit out and run  , which made us feel a whole lot safer !  

Hence the old ' We hate Nottingham Forest...' song.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1