IGNORED

Our Defence is Amazing

cidercity1987

266 minutes against PL opposition without conceding. 👋👋👋

Name me a better Bristol City back five in the last 30 years probably more than

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

Webster and Kalas (plus Maenpaa) were a great pairing but full backs were not near our current pair.

Tanner what an absolutely quality defender. Hudson Odoi took one look in the fourth minute, turned back to his full back and disappeared.

• Like 3

...and I thought having McCrorie outside him on the wide right not only made us better defensively but also gave us an attacking threat down that side. I think McCrorie showed signs of how good he can be and Tanner in that position will only get better.

• Like 4

Played brilliantly tonight, all seem to be very calm and composed. Cam, Zak and George in particular. I think Max also a much more calming influence compared to previous keepers we’ve had, I thought he was also fantastic coming for crosses and commanding his area. Zak’s run in the first half was great, I love that we have defenders and keeper who are confident on the ball. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Tanner as that wide centre back is a master stroke. It suits him down to the ground. Can just focus on keeping it simple when we have the ball and doing what he does best without it: defending. 

Absolutely agree tanner is so much better in a flat back 3 and mccrorie gives us so much more on the right 

Edited by BCFC31

We need to fight like animals to keep the 5 defenders that started today for next season, it could be the rock we build promotion on. I can see dangerous interest in Pring and Dickie, but wouldn’t be shocked to see any of them linked with moves. All well under contract right?!

49 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If only our attack was half as good 

Give it time. Everything starts with defence.

Manning's on the right track for me.

So nice to finally see a City side having lots of possession in games, regardless of the opposition.

Things are looking up.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

266 minutes against PL opposition without conceding. 👋👋👋

Name me a better Bristol City back five in the last 30 years probably more than

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

Webster and Kalas (plus Maenpaa) were a great pairing but full backs were not near our current pair.

Tanner what an absolutely quality defender. Hudson Odoi took one look in the fourth minute, turned back to his full back and disappeared.

To be pedantic it’s a back three , but get your point 

I think Tanner was unfairly scapegoated on here for lacking a bit of imagination going forward. I suspect he was following instructions!

But we look much better with McCrorie in the team - McCrorie Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring is better than the back four stated above. Pring is a bit of a beast when he bombs forwards! Got a Joe Bryan leap on him, and linked up well with Mehmeti. Occasionally he would stay wide, other times drift inside and leave acres of room for Pring to run into. Encouraging signs.