IGNORED

Haydon Roberts is a happy man tonight

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He played very well but AGAIN, his final ball is not good enough. Will hold him back. Like the entire team, I cannot think of a city side that are so devoid of goals and ideas in final third despite the effort and energy we play with. 

Think you're being a bit harsh - but agreed we do need to knock a few more in

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Top Robin said:

Think you're being a bit harsh - but agreed we do need to knock a few more in

Not being harsh. Frustrated with our final ball. If we had Twine tonight we may have won, I find our subs predictable, Wells on with Conway would have been a good bet, drop Conway back into a number 10. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He played very well but AGAIN, his final ball is not good enough. Will hold him back. Like the entire team, I cannot think of a city side that are so devoid of goals and ideas in final third despite the effort and energy we play with. 

We looked after the ball very well & yet didn't really do a lot with it- Twine makes a difference tonight but he's just visiting - so we still need a creative midfielder & the striker is very badly needed.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Not tonight. He was 10/10 tonight.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Oh piss off you bore.

As good as Pring is, I do think he has a point on the final ball. It’s something he could get better at, considering the amount of times he puts the ball in the box, the quality is very rarely there in that respect. Brilliant again today though

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Because Cam Pring won't be a City player for much longer after that performance tonight. 

MM love your optimism - see also the ‘best we’ve ever played’ thread.

But I think there’s the tiniest chance of rose tinted glasses on both threads 😉

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Honestly… Jesus Christ lad. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

As good as Pring is, I do think he has a point on the final ball. It’s something he could get better at, considering the amount of times he puts the ball in the box, the quality is very rarely there in that respect. Brilliant again today though

Thank you very much! I know what I’m talking about. Watch a lot of live PL football and can see he will struggle to make the move up the chain unless he improves that final ball. It’s almost as if he struggles to generate power after a run. 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, t_b said:

Two FA Cup bookings for Pring so that’s him out for the replay?

Ah, bugger, that's a shame. However, with all the games to come in quick succession, maybe a rest will be a good thing for CP. Was superb tonight.

TGH also second booking in the FA Cup. Knight to sit back with maybe Sykes back or Bell more advanced on the right?

52 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Oh piss off you bore.

He’s not wrong though is he? I love Cam, but it’s not being a “bore” to point out that he has a couple of things to work on.

Defensively and in the build up couldn’t fault him, but that gap in his game is probably the reason he’s still currently a City player and not already in the Prem. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Agreed, joe bryan played in the premier league because hes a step up on pring going forwards, though i do appreciate that all of the defenders including pring are giving us in these cup games!

• Like 1

I thought both WB's were very good tonight , Cam could improve his delivery & shooting but what an engine.
Remember when he was being hooked at 70 minutes, loads of people saying he wasn't fit enough , not now that's for sure.
Could/should have had a goal . Good move from the corner , and the break when HC played him in . Great touch but running on an angle made the chance harder. 
That part of the new style seems to be working, and with McCrorie on the other side we have balance . Best two players on the pitch tonight IMO.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Because Cam Pring won't be a City player for much longer after that performance tonight. 

I think the problem Cam might have with his no-nonsense attitude towards defending is VAR.

An asset to any side, just not necessarily one where every cough is reviewed by a dozen different cameras and a gallery of so-called experts.

You wouldn't want to play against him. But under the level of scrutiny of top-flight cameras, would you get 90 minutes out of him, or would he get sent off for playing the game as WE like to see it played.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought both WB's were very good tonight , Cam could improve his delivery & shooting but what an engine.
Remember when he was being hooked at 70 minutes, loads of people saying he wasn't fit enough , not now that's for sure.
Could/should have had a goal . Good move from the corner , and the break when HC played him in . Great touch but running on an angle made the chance harder. 
That part of the new style seems to be working, and with McCrorie on the other side we have balance . Best two players on the pitch tonight IMO.

Great powerful lads no doubt, but im really not sure theres much goal threat between them.

37 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’d give him an 8 or a 9 but he missed some really good chances which cost us in good positions. A 10/10 is the winning goal is it not? 

He was very good tonight but i tend to agree with you, a bit of work on his final ball will make him a PL player. He also should have scored tonight 

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Great powerful lads no doubt, but im really not sure theres much goal threat between them.

McCrorie is just starting after being out , very poorly , for 6 months. He will improve and tonight showed he can be a threat.
Cam was involved in 2 of our best moves, and while he didn't hit the target, he was a threat.
Yes he can obviously improve, but as Manning starts to get more from Mehmeti it will help Pring.

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

He also should have scored tonight 

When!

Second half he made a lung bursting run full length of the pitch counter attack, leaving all our attackers in his wake, the touch he then had in the box took him just fractionally too wide for a clear shot at goal with w defenders closing him down. Would have taken Messi to control and finish that - he's a Left back!

He's been a late bloomer. Nobody really saw this coming when he was on loan at Walsall etc. He may need to improve on final ball, add a few goals/assists. But I'd also say we haven't seen him playing often in a system that has given him as much freedom as he enjoyed tonight. He's improved so much already - who knows where his ceiling is really. 

Enjoy watching him play - gives his all, fully committed, pretty consistent these days. All action tonight! Won a few important headers in the middle of the park and looked dangerous going forward even if the goal didn't come. Possibly my MoM.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

When!

Second half he made a lung bursting run full length of the pitch counter attack, leaving all our attackers in his wake, the touch he then had in the box took him just fractionally too wide for a clear shot at goal with w defenders closing him down. Would have taken Messi to control and finish that - he's a Left back!

I will be happy to watch a replay as have only seen it once but from where i sat in the Lansdown it looked to me that he should have done better with the opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He was very good tonight but i tend to agree with you, a bit of work on his final ball will make him a PL player. He also should have scored tonight 

From his interview on RB tonight it would appear that some in the team thought he should have passed the ball to Nahki

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t agree with your assessment of Pring as I think he could easily play in the Premier League. However, I do agree with the bit I’ve marked in bold. There was the exception of the Hull home and Watford away matches but otherwise it’s  at best one goal per match and often none - e.g. in the last 4 league games City have managed to score 1 goal