IGNORED

Who is the talisman for the team ?

We had Scott last year , a player who you believed could turn a match. When big Flinty took to the pitch you sensed that he would not very often be on the losing side.

Bob Taylor, Shaun Goater , Mickey Bell , Alan Walsh , all were talisman ( men ? ) but who do we have today who fills you with confidence that we will come out on top when he takes to the pitch? 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't believe in such things but I do know that for those who believe in such things it cant be Max. Having played every game we'd be top if it was him. 

Equally, for those that believe- it could be that we'd be bottom if it wasn't for Max These things work both ways.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Would love to see Dickie thrown up front for final 5 minutes when we are a goal down ala Jamie McCombe. Just doesn't happen these days. 

I think football has moved on since the days of “another club in the bag” Johnson Snr……….:disapointed2se:

• Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not even super Bob or the goat would score in this team. 

"Feed the goat and he will score" seems very apt right now.

I think it’s those kind of players that would have a field day and we so badly miss, I’d want to be a striker in this side 

5 hours ago, reddoc said:

Isn’t it statistically Naismith?

I personally have no evidence to back this up, but vaguely remember it from somewhere 

I record data of the result at the time a player enters the pitch and when they leave. So a player coming on at 0-0 and us winning 1-0 gets 2 points, because he’s been part of the team that has changed the game from 0-0 (draw 1 point) to 1-0 (win 3 pts), therefore he’s helped gain the team 2 extra points.

As it stands the two most influential players based on this are:

Nahki Wells + 0.55 points per 90

Kal Naismith + 0.54 points per 90

TGH + 0.41 points per 90

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I record data of the result at the time a player enters the pitch and when they leave. So a player coming on at 0-0 and us winning 1-0 gets 2 points, because he’s been part of the team that has changed the game from 0-0 (draw 1 point) to 1-0 (win 3 pts), therefore he’s helped gain the team 2 extra points.

As it stands the two most influential players based on this are:

Nahki Wells + 0.55 points per 90

Kal Naismith + 0.54 points per 90

TGH + 0.41 points per 90

Ah, thanks Dave. Obviously I nicked that from one of your posts then. And I was wrong. Just. 😄