IGNORED

FA Cup 5th Round: Man Utd at Home (if we beat Forest)

Not Banksy

12 minutes ago, Midred said:

Was Fernandes really the best player on the pitch or would it have hurt their feelings if they had chosen a Newport player?

Danny Murphy- personality free zone.

Delaney at the back or Will Evans for me.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

That's the spirit!

Deary me! Just being realistic. Of course we have a chance but there's a gulf in money between the Championship and the Premier League. Paradoxically, its losing two of our most influential players to suspension rather than the opposition being able to field a stronger side that concerns me. So they will be stronger because of the forty or so players they can call on where as we will become weaker because we have to replace Gardiner Hickman and Cam Pring.

Is that spirited enough for you?

I have to say that ten hag could have been a little more gracious and respectful in victory. He could learn a lot from David Moyes. He could've been the bigger man and praised the opposition but just came across as arrogant, small minded and petulant to me. 

By the way sags, that's what a 9,000 crowd looks like.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

I have to say that ten hag could have been a little more gracious and respectful in victory. He could learn a lot from David Moyes. He could've been the bigger man and praised the opposition but just came across as arrogant, small minded and petulant to me. 

in a better ground

23 minutes ago, Swede said:

Fighting for his job, to admit that a 4th division club were matching his multi billion pound team for parts of the match would have reflected badly on him?

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Deary me! Just being realistic. Of course we have a chance but there's a gulf in money between the Championship and the Premier League. Paradoxically, its losing two of our most influential players to suspension rather than the opposition being able to field a stronger side that concerns me. So they will be stronger because of the forty or so players they can call on where as we will become weaker because we have to replace Gardiner Hickman and Cam Pring.

Is that spirited enough for you?

Apologies Sir, I was only yanking ya chain.

I have more of a Wael outlook, stadium half full type of guy 👍

4 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Pring and Mehmeti made another World cup winner look ordinary. SPH will certainly gain from the experience. Gets about a bit but probably given licence to roam today. Lots of chasing to do.

Interesting after the game TALKSPORT specifically mentioned SPH and how much the Newport fans love him Also asked Stuart Pearce what he thought and said he had some nice control.

Edited by E.G.Red

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What is it that makes Anthony so completely dislikeable?

I don't worry about Anthony. His step overs look pretty but his record for goals and assists clearly indicate that during his performances no banjos were damaged and no cows asses were harmed in any way. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Swede said:

Unlike the sags booking their scouse hotel rooms, Notts forest will have more 1st team players back from the AFCON so will be stronger and we will also be further weakened and be without the suspended TGH and Cam Pring so the chances of progressing are remote. We had our chance in the first match but couldn't take it.

Notts Forest - really?! Can’t believe in 2024 this basic error is still peddled out - it’s Nottingham Forest and Notts County - never Notts Forest - incredible how ‘football fans’ can’t grasp the difference and get it right - and before you say it’s pedantic or trivial - go up there and talk to the two fan bases - it’s incredibly important to them - Nottingham (Nottm) Forest and Notts County - two different football clubs with different names 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 4

Just as we shouldn’t arrogantly start making plans for a home tie with United in the way that the quartered cretins did, we shouldn’t downplay our chances either. We’ve already beaten tougher opposition than Forest this season. Pring and TGH may be out but we’ve still got players that can hurt them. Forest themselves may be looking at their fixture list and their league position and concluding that the FA cup isn’t their priority. It’s a winnable tie and the potential rewards will ensure we put in our best possible shift.

Edited by Wanderingred

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Notts Forest - really?! Can’t believe in 2024 this basic error is still peddled out - it’s Nottingham Forest and Notts County - never Notts Forest - incredible how ‘football fans’ can’t grasp the difference and get it right - and before you say it’s pedantic or trivial - go up there and talk to the two fan bases - it’s incredibly important to them - Nottingham (Nottm) Forest and Notts County - two different football clubs with different names 

Outside of Nottingham you are probably the only person who gives a shit :yes:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 3

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes it’s important to them which makes it amusing to call them Notts Forest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Just as we shouldn’t arrogantly start making plans for a home tie with United in the way that the quartered cretins did, we shouldn’t downplay our chances either. We’ve already beaten tougher opposition than Forest this season. Pring and TGH may be out but we’ve still got players that can hurt them. Forest themselves may be looking at their fixture list and their league position and concluding that the FA cup isn’t their priority. It’s a winnable tie and the potential rewards will ensure we put in our best possible shift.

Why are Pring and TGH out?

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, well perhaps some of their fans could "come down here" and talk to us; and find that many of us don't particularly like them calling us "Bristol" !!

• Like 6