IGNORED

FA Cup 5th Round: Man Utd at Home (if we beat Forest)

Not Banksy

3 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Much bigger incentive for them (as should be for us) to play a beatable league two side for a shot at an FA Cup quarter final if Newport were to pull off a miracle later. 

And not to be a fun sponge, but give me £10 tickets and a bit of local needle over these boring Premier League frenzy fixtures any day. We’ve fallen at the fifth round hurdle a couple of times in recent years, IF we get there again I’d be desperate to see the excitement of being one match from Wembley. That for me becomes a proper cup run. 

Completely agree, would much prefer Newport. 

29 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are we gonna let Seb Palmer Holden play against us?

Are you serious?

Firstly you cannot play against your parent club anyway.

Secondly the likelihood of it being these two clubs in the next round must be in the thousands to one.

We have about a 10% chance at Forest, Newport have about a 2% chance today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Are you serious?

Firstly you cannot play against your parent club anyway.

Secondly the likelihood of it being these two clubs in the next round must be in the thousands to one.

We have about a 10% chance at Forest, Newport have about a 2% chance today.

Whooooosssssshhhhhhhhhh!

• Like 1

Unlike the sags booking their scouse hotel rooms, Notts forest will have more 1st team players back from the AFCON so will be stronger and we will also be further weakened and be without the suspended TGH and Cam Pring so the chances of progressing are remote. We had our chance in the first match but couldn't take it.

• Like 3

Let's not do what the gas did when the 4th round draw was made and start convincing ourselves of a scenario that may not happen.

Let's firstly see what happens in the Newport vs Man United game. Yes Man United are clear favourites, but as Maidstone proved anything is possible.

Then we focus on our own replay against Forest. 

What will be, will be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

Unlike the sags booking their scouse hotel rooms, Notts forest will have more 1st team players back from the AFCON so will be stronger and we will also be further weakened and be without the suspended TGH and Cam Pring so the chances of progressing are remote. We had our chance in the first match but couldn't take it.

That's the spirit!

• Haha 2

Because of our injuries and suspensions, because of the additional players they will have available, and because they need a good cup run, I think Forest will beat us.

But we all know football is so unpredictable.

After the humiliation of failing to get a trip to Liverpool, the miserable Fewers will be crapping their pants and praying that we lose.

The pain for them will be unbearable if we are lucky enough to secure a home tie against Man Utd, bringing with it a sell-out crowd, financial rewards and global TV exposure.

Personally I'm not that bothered about the Cup, as I want us to concentrate on getting up the table,

But for the many supporters who want us to do well in the Cup, I hope the team delivers.

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Because of our injuries and suspensions, because of the additional players they will have available, and because they need a good cup run, I think Forest will beat us.

But we all know football is so unpredictable.

After the humiliation of failing to get a trip to Liverpool, the miserable Fewers will be crapping their pants and praying that we lose.

The pain for them will be unbearable if we are lucky enough to secure a home tie against Man Utd, bringing with it a sell-out crowd, financial rewards and global TV exposure.

Personally I'm not that bothered about the Cup, as I want us to concentrate on getting up the table,

But for the many supporters who want us to do well in the Cup, I hope the team delivers.

Yeah. Man utd will guarantee a spot on tv!