IGNORED

Milan Duric

52 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Who was that East european....Russian?   A big unit Centre forward who was crocked on his debut for us, after signing on loan?  He lasted about 30 minutes.........  I can't remember his name?

Andrius Velička, did his ACL just 5 minutes into a season-long loan, on 18th August 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8209239.stm

image.thumb.png.560559cc21ab5385550ac395285776a7.png

• Thanks 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Mods should this be moved to the all things ex players forum? 

Following a thread a couple of weeks ago it was agreed to leave threads in the main section for 24 hours before moving, but we are tending to leave for 48 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Claverham_Red said:

Then there was Stefan Maierhofer on loan from Wolves. Played 3 games for us and up there for poor loan signings!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Maierhofer

I don’t think it’s fair to judge Maierhofer on those three games.

One of them was the Plymouth game when GJ had that half time dressing room bust up. We played him up front and played the most ridiculous ‘hoof it high to the big bloke up front’ that I’ve ever seen. The GJ got the sack! 

And the other two ‘appearances’ were as a sub in the 82nd and the 94th minute! 

So I reckon in those three games he played under two manager, in at least two different positions, and had only one start! 

He probably has more right to judge us as a club at that time than we do him….and you couldn’t blame him for having a poor opinion of us 😂😂

• Like 3

Just now, italian dave said:

I don’t think it’s fair to judge Maierhofer on those three games.

One of them was the Plymouth game when GJ had that half time dressing room bust up. We played him up front and played the most ridiculous ‘hoof it high to the big bloke up front’ that I’ve ever seen. The GJ got the sack! 

And the other two ‘appearances’ were as a sub in the 82nd and the 94th minute! 

So I reckon in those three games he played under two manager, in at least two different positions, and had only one start! 

He probably has more right to judge us as a club at that time than we do him….and you couldn’t blame him for having a poor opinion of us 😂😂

He went in goal in one match, didn’t he?

• Robin 1

38 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He went in goal in one match, didn’t he?

You’re right: I thought he had too, but then couldn’t find the game. I was looking for him being a sub for Gerken - I’d forgotten that we’d used all our subs.

Certainly not a career high for him at Ashton Gate, although he’ll probably have never forgotten it! 

19 hours ago, Taz said:

Can see why there was a mixup between Elokobi and Webster to be fair. Uncanny likeness....

skysports-adam-webster-bristol-city_4734061.jpg

0_jmp_Bristol_City_V_Leeds_United_da024JPG.jpg

Both clearly wear their respective watches on their left wrist (as evidenced by removal markings) that must be what threw our good friend! : o )

• Haha 1