IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

It's a terrific challenge, a terrific opportunity at a club that's got some excellent foundations when you look at the fan base, the facilities, the playing group we've got already.

So it's a like I said it's a terrific opportunity and in what three months now I think and the lads are really progressing and are moving in the right direction.

So we know we've still got work to do, but we have to keep building on the start so far.

It's obviously a heavy packed schedule which you know brings challenges in terms of training and obviously the opportunity to work with the players on the grass.

But at the same point, I think that sometimes you get in a rhythm and momentum of games and that's what we're we're going to have to do coming up with such a packed schedule.

But I think we've got depth, we've got good options we can make changes and keep the level at the side.

So we've obviously made a few tonight and, I think that's the the positive thing.

It's been a tough market I think you know, for everybody.

There's not been a huge amount of movement whether it, be it due to international competitions and Premier League clubs holding players back a little bit. There's not been a huge amount of money spent which sometimes snowballs and has a knock on effect.

So it's been a challenging window, we've been pleased with what we've done so far, we've still got two days where hopefully we can do something else.

Manning pre match on Sky Sports.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sorry, I’m just so tired with him now - didn’t mean to snap. He’s just wasted another ball. At one point we just need to say he’s not up to it, and considering where the season is, I would much rather try and see what one of the academy boys can do. He’s nowhere near good enough.

I don't have an issue with that. I guess the replacement would be Cornick?

1 minute ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Place a team under a lot of pressure with no goals and it comes back to haunt you.

We need a consistent finisher badly or it will keep happening. 

Not sure that is the problem, for me it's more about our failure with the final ball or poor cross into the box, we could have a top goal scorer in the team and he would suffer with the lack of service too.

Just now, Jimbo76 said:

Wow, we really need to work on that final ball, well the final third really. We've played well recently and things are going in the right direction but we could be so much better with a bit of quality in the final third. Frustrating.

Definitely. We've clearly got the tactics right but some of the basic execution has been poor

Just now, Jimbo76 said:

Wow, we really need to work on that final ball, well the final third really. We've played well recently and things are going in the right direction but we could be so much better with a bit of quality in the final third. Frustrating.

You could have cut and paste this comment from any of the past 3 seasons since W-S-M were split up

4 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

utterly meaningless attacking play. It's so boring.

Also, what's with the inability to get a corner past the first defender?

We need someone arriving in the box a bit late who's checked their run, and to pull the ball back intentionally to them - rather than just blindly thumping it at 100mph horizontally. Scott's goal for Bournemouth recently was a great example (from memory).

Or ideally I'd rather get either Cornick or Wells and Conway on the pitch together and try and go through a middle a bit more.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't have an issue with that. I guess the replacement would be Cornick?

Possibly. I’m not sure I’d necessarily play this system but I’d rather Harry over Anis - he’s at least got awareness. The one positive as to where we are for me though, considering that I don’t think either are long term answers, is there is an opportunity to at least give young players a run and I’d be disappointed (but not shocked based on record to date) if LM doesn’t do that soon.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I don't think the 'tonight' is a necessary part of the sentence

I went very early on this lad, absolutely not what we needed

Not for the position he’s being played in, a deeper midfielder perhaps more in Joe Williams role. He loses his place in that advanced position when Sykes is fit.