IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

5 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Knights very good, but he’s never an attacking midfielder he’s a centre mid all day long, box to box!! 

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Not for the position he’s being played in, a deeper midfielder perhaps more in Joe Williams role. He loses his place in that advanced position when Sykes is fit.

He was bought in to play the advanced position, where he has played all season. And done absolutely **** all creatively. 

I agree he is better deeper but he doesn't get in the team ahead of Williams TGH James so again, for me it was a really bizarre signing with our limited resources in the summer (other than looking like a guy who should be in the team but no one really knows where, which was the problem at Derby too)

Edited by cidercity1987
3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

When do we get worried about relegation? No goals in this side, surely a plan B Manning! It ain’t working mate, go two up top and ditch your crayon lines! Football is a simple game. 

nah no goals in this side mate

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't think the 'tonight' is a necessary part of the sentence

I went very early on this lad, absolutely not what we needed

Christ, even arguably one of our best players is getting it tonight. Never a dull moment on an OTIB match thread, especially when we're losing

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

He was bought in to play the advanced position, where he has played all season. And done absolutely **** all creatively. 

I agree he is better deeper but he doesn't get in the team ahead of Williams TGH James so again, for me it was a really bizarre signing with our limited resources in the summer

I doubt you’d have said that 6 weeks or so ago when Williams had no form. He’s never really played in that deeper role for us. I quite fancy him back there, great engine, likes a tackle. 3 of our midfield are ooo at the end of the season, so a sensible signing who will only get better as he gets older