IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dickie is our top goal scorer by the end of the season, especially when twine is back on set pieces 

He’s not far off now. I think he’s got the same number of league goals (non penalty) as Conway now with only Sykes ahead of him. 

What that says about our creativity generally is a different matter!

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

When do we get worried about relegation? No goals in this side, surely a plan B Manning! It ain’t working mate, go two up top and ditch your crayon lines! Football is a simple game. 

Crikey, you sound like that bloody Ellie Jones. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

We've definitely been the better team and didn't deserve to be behind.

Decent performance so far. Come on babbers!

We definitely started the game as the better team. Didn't take our chances. That then allowed Coventry to get a fortunate goal. Our performance then dipped and then we improved towards the end of the half slightly and then got the goal when it looked like we'd be going into the break 1 nil down. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, prankerd said:

Shame about the goal but you cant really fault us atm, this Coventry side are definitely the better footballing team and we have dominated most or the proceedings.

Imagine if we had a striker!

I'm imagining much of the same of what we've already seen this season, seeing as our issue lies with the final ball to our striker and not with the strikers themselves.

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't think the 'tonight' is a necessary part of the sentence

I went very early on this lad, absolutely not what we needed

Didn’t you like him to Neil Kilkenny? That’s not going early that’s ludicrous. 

If he was signed as an attacking midfielder then not for the first time our recruitment team need their head looking at as that isn’t his game. He’s still a really good player but I do struggle to see where he fits at times. Definitely needs to improve in the final third ( as the whole team do) 

Decent half for us. Defence and midfield are playing well, the front three look a bit lost or like strangers though. Mehmeti seemingly reverted to his former self.

But at least they're making decisions on their own unlike the ref who seems to consult with the Coventry fans before any call.

Maybe do a Roberts for Mehmeti and push Pring forward?

Ps. What a shite ground for atmosphere.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4