IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve seen all of those players do good things though. And I would gladly have Cornick every week over Mehmeti. Cornick epitomises team play - Mehmeti literally just gives the ball away. 

And I won’t change my mind on any of this if he scores the winner. His Bristol City career so far has been nothing short of non league. 

Each to their own.

Personally, I like the fact that Mehmeti gets the ball, takes responsiblity, and tries to make things happen. He does beat players and take players out the game, even if some fans strangely persist with the narrative that he never does anything useful. He's a promising young player who needs an investment of time and coaching.

Cornick is a signing I find much more frustrating. A player with Championship experience who is supposedly in his prime, who should have been ready to hit the ground running. Realistically, he's come in and offered nothing. And unlike Mehmeti, there's no real possibility of development. Mehmeti appears to have the raw ingredients but struggles to apply them, whereas Cornick looks like a player who doesn't 'have anything about him'. Nothing against him personally, he tries his best, but just a serious lack of quality there.