IGNORED

why are the Welsh allowed to cover their own FA Cup games?

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Blackburn v Wrexham live on BBC1 Wales

Show some back bone BBC West,

and state we will opt out of national schedules and have the forest game LIVE in the BBC West area only

It's not that simple is it? Presumably there has to be agreement (and payment) to Forest who would need to accommodate the cameras. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

****** Welsh a law unto themselves, they also showed AFCB v Swansea live  on S4C

Wait until you find out despite having only 4 league clubs they have at least one designated BBC reporter at every single game home or away, even in League Two.

This game on the BBC page is being reported by Michael Pearlman (BBC Wales) with Ashley Williams for MOTD, Andy Morrell for BBC Radio Wales & someone called Nia Jones for MOTD Wales..

It’s almost like they get a hugely disproportionate amount of funding for the sport media or something, oh they actually do.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wait until you find out despite having only 4 league clubs they have at least one designated BBC reporter at every single game home or away, even in League Two.

This game on the BBC page is being reported by Michael Pearlman (BBC Wales) with Ashley Williams for MOTD, Andy Morrell for BBC Radio Wales & someone called Nia Jones for MOTD Wales..

It’s almost like they get a hugely disproportionate amount of funding for the sport media or something, oh they actually do.

A lot of my Welsh friends want Welsh independence. I say to them good luck with that considering how much Westminster subsidies Wales. I'd be very happy for them to have their independence. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

**** off Wrexham.

What a load an inordinate lot of hype for a fourth division team that lost to Newport recently, just because two ******* actors watch them.

They are living rent free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

A lot of my Welsh friends want Welsh independence. I say to them good luck with that considering how much Westminster subsidies Wales. I'd be very happy for them to have their independence. 

I’m all in favour, as long as Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham get thrown out of the EFL, but it’ll be like the Catalans in Spain who want independence, but think Barcelona should still play in La Liga.

• Like 1

One of my more surreal experiences watching a City game was when we played Cardiff in the FA cup around 2010. I was overseas with work at the time and the only live stream I could find was from S4C with commentary in Welsh. 
It was snowing quite heavily at Ashton Gate and I think an orange ball was being used. 
It felt a bit like watching an obscure Eastern European game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malago said:

I’m all in favour, as long as Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham get thrown out of the EFL, but it’ll be like the Catalans in Spain who want independence, but think Barcelona should still play in La Liga.

To leave a union but then demand all the benefits of being in the union.

What a ridiculous idea, as if we would - sorry I can't stop howling in laughter

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Never mind, just watching the last stages of Weston away at Chelmsford. Well done for the 12 mad buggers for making the trip, at least you got a penalty save for the trouble.

In fact they levelled with a handful of minutes to go. Great point against the 3rd place side.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They're pumped-up, jumped-up beneficiaries of silly hype due to celeb owners.

They are harmless who actually cares what they do. I don't see why it affects people so much. Very odd.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Super said:

They are harmless who actually cares what they do. I don't see why it affects people so much. Very odd.

That's a fair point but the risk of the Americanisation of football can grate. For me anyway.

See also Birmingham and their USA USA chanting in August.

Everyone will have their own take.