IGNORED

why are the Welsh allowed to cover their own FA Cup games?

8 minutes ago, Super said:

They are harmless who actually cares what they do. I don't see why it affects people so much. Very odd.

I think it's great what they've done tbh, owners that listen to the fans and have made the entire area much happier and boosted the local economy loads. Don't get the hate. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Super said:

They are harmless who actually cares what they do. I don't see why it affects people so much. Very odd.

I don’t get it either. Some posters want Lansdown to sell up, but then get funny over someone who bought Wrexham.
Perhaps they started it as a drunk joke venture, but I think Reynolds has bought property to live near there as well. There will be others that may try, but with the Netflix deal, they won’t be repeated. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Wait until you find out despite having only 4 league clubs they have at least one designated BBC reporter at every single game home or away, even in League Two.

This game on the BBC page is being reported by Michael Pearlman (BBC Wales) with Ashley Williams for MOTD, Andy Morrell for BBC Radio Wales & someone called Nia Jones for MOTD Wales..

It’s almost like they get a hugely disproportionate amount of funding for the sport media or something, oh they actually do.

Yes, I notice Swansea have signed someone from somewhere and there is a 35 page essay on him , unbelievable !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Wait until you find out despite having only 4 league clubs they have at least one designated BBC reporter at every single game home or away, even in League Two.

This game on the BBC page is being reported by Michael Pearlman (BBC Wales) with Ashley Williams for MOTD, Andy Morrell for BBC Radio Wales & someone called Nia Jones for MOTD Wales..

It’s almost like they get a hugely disproportionate amount of funding for the sport media or something, oh they actually do.

I think with the rugby they have their own commentaries and programmes too ?

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

****** Welsh a law unto themselves, they also showed AFCB v Swansea live  on S4C

I watched both games live here in Aus.. reason being they were the only tie being played on each evening, out of interest on Sunday did they show Newport live too? I watched Liverpool vs Bristol Rovers, sorry Norwich..

Anyway, I did share some common ground with the inbreds, I too was crying out loud watching each game 😂😂😂😂😂

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, I notice Swansea have signed someone from somewhere and there is a 35 page essay on him , unbelievable !

Last season on the BBC Championship page at one stage there were 5 stories out of the top 7 either about Cardiff or Swansea.

Ridiculous, disproportionate coverage & funding.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

You can complain about them being in the "English" League ( too late to do anything now ) , too much coverage ( BBC Wales pushing that ? ) but there is one thing that, although it didn't affect me or my Club really pissed me off. 
When Cardiff's Purse was supposed to be suspended for the FA Cup final, the Welsh FA overturned the suspension. I've just looked and he didn't even get on , named as Sub but never played and it still bugs me that another FA could do that over the one running the competition. 

I'm off for a sit down now.

As a Lecturer at College used to say , Ban Welsh Tele *

* Kids , ask your Grand Parents 

It all stems from the outdated notion that there are four "nations" under one flag.

Proper unification of the country would then allow for proper dispersal of resource by national institutions, because they'd only be serving a single nation.

You could still accommodate local cultures and languages, but you'd not get regions declaring themselves a "country" in order to get special privileges.

Good for Wrexham. I work there a bit and there is a real buzz about the whole town now with a community fully engaged with their local football team, what's not to like?

The owners clearly have a real connection to the club and town and after the owners they have had in the past , the fans deserve a bit of good fortune.

Good owners are few and far between, I still don't get the hostility towards your own. Under him you know get what, 22/23k per game? Literally trebling our attendances  and a stadium that several Premier league sides would be envious of. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Good for Wrexham. I work there a bit and there is a real buzz about the whole town now with a community fully engaged with their local football team, what's not to like?

The owners clearly have a real connection to the club and town and after the owners they have had in the past , the fans deserve a bit of good fortune.

Good owners are few and far between, I still don't get the hostility towards your own. Under him you know get what, 22/23k per game? Literally trebling our attendances  and a stadium that several Premier league sides would be envious of. 

I think it's jealousy little old Wrexham getting so much attention. 

• Like 1