IGNORED

Yeovil's New Badge

exAtyeoMax

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Apparently they employed a special consultant on the rebrand:

IMG_2444.jpeg

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/support-present-charity-concept-modern-vector-2210758007?utm_campaign=image&utm_medium=googleimages&utm_source=schema

probably! 

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 16.08.29.png

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Haha 4

I was a big fan of us switching to the robin at the time but now after a few years I wish we’d stuck with the City crest. I wonder how many fans of clubs that have recently rebranded feel the same.

• Like 7

Making it simpler and more recognisable is good, IMO the best badge is Nottingham Forest - bold, distinctive and instantly recognisable.

188px-Nottingham_Forest_F.C._logo.svg.pn

The worst would be something like Barnsley's which is ridiculously complicated and blurs into one at a distance.

548px-Barnsley_FC.svg.png?20180531190513

• Like 3

I prefer it to the old badges but that may be because I don't like the old badges. I've find heraldry-type badges - if that's the best way to describe them - a bit over-stylised and uninteresting. Similarly I much before our current badge to the last one for the same reason. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Making it simpler and more recognisable is good, IMO the best badge is Nottingham Forest - bold, distinctive and instantly recognisable.

The worst would be something like Barnsley's which is ridiculously complicated and blurs into one at a distance.

Interesting - personally I find the Forest one very dated. I’m sure it was a leader when it was new, but it shouts 1970s to me. And I’m an OAP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Interesting - personally I find the Forest one very dated. I’m sure it was a leader when it was new, but it shouts 1970s to me. And I’m an OAP.

Is that with or without the ear trumpet 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm old and old fashioned so I  disagree to some extent. What Forest have, and what many have including us, is not so much a badge as a logo. What Barnsley have on their shirt is a proper badge that honours the club's history. Personally I think clubs should have both. For simplicity of design for replica shirts have a logo but for official correspondence the letterhead should sport a badge. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It's the hands I don't like, looks a bit religious / charity - like.

No; they're catching to prevent further falling down the leagues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm old and old fashioned so I  disagree to some extent. What Forest have, and what many have including us, is not so much a badge as a logo. What Barnsley have on their shirt is a proper badge that honours the club's history. Personally I think clubs should have both. For simplicity of design for replica shirts have a logo but for official correspondence the letterhead should sport a badge. 

Yes, I agree with that.

I like the Bristol coat of arms but I prefer having an instantly recognisable logo on the shirt.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That’s. Why I like city’s new badge a very simple design and not to busy 

• Like 1

On first impressions I quite like it. 

Our badge is growing on me, but I still wish it would have incorporated the Suspension Bridge (like the tweaked versions of the design by posters on this forum at the time). 

• Like 1

Good evening all, I'm sorry but looking at that line up, I think a draw is all we can hope for. Coventry are on form, but hopefully we can score from a break, without Tommy though, it will be difficult, So prove me wrong boys and Come On You Red's.

I like it and I like the way they’ve explained it in the video. Especially this bit.

City and their red and white stripes, yellow kit, black kit with purple and lime, blue training wear, splat robin, club crest, and 500 different typefaces across their media output…could learn a lot from this.

BD83C9B1-03EF-4EAE-BE74-71CE84F15B0C.jpeg

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a new badge in the new badge style. its a simplified new badge style. Fine. 

What I don't get is this badge to represent club identity.

What a load of tosh. It's a badge. So many more things represent a club's Identity. And I just feel the badge does diddly squat to that.

Just my opinion 👷

• Like 1

Personally I must admit to preferring the clean “simple” badge. I challenge anybody to say that the current Sheffield Wednesday badge is better than the previous one.

Current badge:

IMG_5006.thumb.png.57714e7618a56d4896a3606340379286.png

Previous badge:

IMG_5007.png.fd606ff43ed23bfed647e428e8907b0b.png