IGNORED

FBC Podcast - Coventry [A] the verdict ... easy to criticise but we remain a Work In Progress

Curr Avon

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I blamed Max for the goal.

I defended Knight.

Oh absolutely Dave. I was going to mention apart from you but I kinda assumed you wouldn't think I was on about you. 

You always do a great job of shiting through the bullshit. 

I just found the whole conversation about Knight to be rather bizarre especially following on from the conversation about Max where the others had a reluctance to criticise him. 

It just came across as "well yes Max did make a mistake but we can't criticise him for that because he's made some good saves in the past and all GKs make mistakes even David James, the reason we didn't beat Coventry was because Jason Knight didn't score" 

Just bizarre from them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I felt quite perplexed watching that. There was a refusal to criticise Max for his mistake "all goalkeepers make mistakes, he's saved us more times than not" etc etc.

And then suddenly they started laying into Knight despite him not really doing anything wrong. Very quite bizarre that was. Wouldn't criticise Max for making a mistake but then criticises Knight for not scoring more goals despite that not really being his game. 

Just found that very odd and undeserved. 

For some reason certain City fans do not like pointing out the blindingly obvious and refuse to criticise certain players (especially players who have come out of our academy).

Simpley put - we drew the match last night instead of winning because of the bloody Goalkeeper, nothing to do with Knight, or anyone else. It's harsh on O'Leary but we did and that is a fact. Refusal to admit that is just being completely obtuse.

@cidercity1987 "Dave , great host and a laugh a minute on the football knowledge"  - never professed to be all knowing on football knowledge! I have a life outside of FBC

@frenchred " it's just another 3piap now, and they used to ridicule that one! - I hope not and don't believe we have.

@REDOXO "FBC is as edgy as a Tesco add"  [I think you mean ad !] - ouch, that hurts!

I see it like this, when we win yet attempt to be objectively critical we are accused by some of being moaners and when we lose or like Tuesday take a seemingly balanced view we're deemed as being "soft" - can never please all of the people all of the time.

I know most seem to view Ian Gay as a complete cockwomble but he stuck to his guns on transfer activity and would appear to be vindicated.

Surprised we haven't got any stick yet for being part of the TalkSport fan network which for some seems as popular as The Sun is on Merseyside; we have a national ad break at the start and in the middle as you may have noticed if you're a listener; have noticed a fair number now seem to have started watching the recording on You Tube

• Like 2

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

@cidercity1987 "Dave , great host and a laugh a minute on the football knowledge"  - never professed to be all knowing on football knowledge! I have a life outside of FBC

@frenchred " it's just another 3piap now, and they used to ridicule that one! - I hope not and don't believe we have.

@REDOXO "FBC is as edgy as a Tesco add"  [I think you mean ad !] - ouch, that hurts!

I see it like this, when we win yet attempt to be objectively critical we are accused by some of being moaners and when we lose or like Tuesday take a seemingly balanced view we're deemed as being "soft" - can never please all of the people all of the time.

I know most seem to view Ian Gay as a complete cockwomble but he stuck to his guns on transfer activity and would appear to be vindicated.

Surprised we haven't got any stick yet for being part of the TalkSport fan network which for some seems as popular as The Sun is on Merseyside; we have a national ad break at the start and in the middle as you may have noticed if you're a listener; have noticed a fair number now seem to have started watching the recording on You Tube

@headhunter you are never going to please everyone and that’s part of the appeal its why you get the hits you do. 

However you have lost edge as the prog comes across as being a as sycophantic toward Manning, as critical it was toward Pearson, while waiting for a I/We told you so moment. 

Five games without a win and the thread is entitled ‘Easy to criticize but we remain a work in progress’ 

Five without a win this is getting on my thrupnees is a much more appropriate header. Selective criticism takes the edge off! 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Utter dross of a quite unfathomable proportion. 

Hoping that is reflected in the poddy!

And yes it was easy to criticize. The only one worth a **** was OLeary!

Harsh on Pring.

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Knight gave a good account of himself too.

Worked very hard (as usual).

I’m still not sure where we should be playing him though, don’t think his current position makes the most sense to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Worked very hard (as usual).

I’m still not sure where we should be playing him though, don’t think his current position makes the most sense to me.

It doesn’t. As I said the other day, JK is a great pressing midfielder now being asked to play in a non pressing team.

He worked hard tonight but was part of a front 3 with no inherent creativity, backed up by 2 x CM with no inherent creativity. Not only does he not suit the style now but he was screwed by the wider team selection, no matter how hard he worked.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Knight gave a good account of himself too.

Would have to disagree as well. Thought on the ball he was poor. The more he plays the more I see him as average in the final third in possession. Has to play deeper with someone else further forward 

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

He really didn't Dave!

Instill don't think we are using him right though

He was the only player to show for a pass, take it, roll his man and move it on to a teammate.  He was our spark (a very small one) down the right second half.  Along with Pring, I thought he looked like the only outfield starter capable of living with Leeds.  McCrorie’s tried hard.

Just now, Davefevs said:

He was the only player to show for a pass, take it, roll his man and move it on to a teammate.  He was our spark (a very small one) down the right second half.  Along with Pring, I thought he looked like the only outfield starter capable of living with Leeds.  McCrorie’s tried hard.

We will have to agree to disagree then, I saw him giving the ball away carelessly on occasions, zero creativity or craft but I still don't think we are using him correctly

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

You have some big biases towards Knight. He was outclassed the same as the rest of them except maybe Pring 

Maybe.  People I sat next to said the same though.  Everyone was outclassed, just thought Max, Cam and him were the ones who rose above the other 8.