IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I didn’t bother watching tonight. Just for a laugh will someone sum up Mehmeti’s performance in fifteen words or less please?

Could have nicked us a point….

We have been daylight robbery

But he did have a shoot on target that the keeper saved well

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Lost 1 -0 to a prem side no real disgrace. 

None of the Top teams had scored that many against us.

Clearly better side.

Their forward line is £60m+

Difficult for us to compete against that.

Played West Ham, Forest and Leeds at home and only conceded 1 goal.

I actually think that is progress. Won’t get seen by many on hear but a few years back we have conceded at least 7 or 8. 

Over 3 games a win a draw and a loss - that actually is improvement.

Ling way to go I will except but we are slowly moving in the right direction. 

What?! 🤣 I don't recall us being a team who regularly conceded at least 7 or 8 😂

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I actually don’t think people are surprised by the result. It’s the manner of the defeat. 

And the context of no win in 2024 in the league, and Manning’s miserable points record

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

The whole defence have because they were completely exposed for 90 minutes.

They were, most because it was 2 slow midfielders against a team built around quick movement and creating overloads all over the pitch, which more or less meant that there was nothing to shield them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I actually don’t think people are surprised by the result. It’s the manner of the defeat. 

Completely agree, it was very poor, but just 3 days ago we played well at an inform Coventry and got a good point.

We don't have enough players who can handle the ball. Twine was brought in to improve that and he's already injured.

Leeds, Leicester and Southampton are a class apart.

Just now, bexhill reds said:

They were, most because it was 2 slow midfielders against a team built around quick movement and creating overloads all over the pitch, which more or less meant that there was nothing to shield them.

Yep, I find it hard to point fingers at individual players tonight because the system clearly did not suit them or the match and it was insane to not try to change it.

6 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

No shame in losing to a top side like them, but losing in that manner is another thing.

We got bullied tonight, lost countless 50/50s and that Gruev had the whole middle of the pitch to himself to pick whatever pass he wanted.

Only 'positives' were Max keeping us in it, and TGH/Bell were ok off the bench. The rest weren't good at all.

We got pressed man for man and we went into our shells and barely looked like winning any challenges. 

It's all about the unit and the patterns of play with good behaviours on the pitch with this manager. Our team got stretched and bullied man for man tonight. 

They didn't need nice fluffy pointless patterns of play to pick us off, just willing runners at pace. When they had possession it was in our half, not theirs. 

Edit - One final thing, we are losing at home and it's the 90th minute and we go long and the only person in their half is Conway. Always the same formation, never change from the pattern. No plan B winds me up - atleast Nige's plan B (as bad as it was) was to throw a couple strikers on.

Deflating that it's always bloody Leeds. 

No Shame. I feel total shame! Awful!!!

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Half a dozen immediate post-match thoughts…..all of which pain me to say.

1 I don’t think I can remember us being outplayed for 90 minutes this season, as we were tonight

2 I lost count of how many times we passed to a Leeds player and how often we had no out-ball

3 We were very, very fortunate to only lose by one

4 If (and it is a big if) anybody ever thought we are a top six team that performance will certainly put them straight

5 A very disappointing performance, only Max came out of that with any credit

6 We were given a footballing lesson tonight

1) Agreed

2) I gave up trying....

3) Still scratching my head now. 

4) With Scott and Semenyo still here maybe an outside chance. I currently rank us lower half at best.

5) Agreed

6) Men against boys, second best in every position and facet of the game,embarrassingly so at times.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I didn’t bother watching tonight. Just for a laugh will someone sum up Mehmeti’s performance in fifteen words or less please?

……….…….…..…..

Erm .……..

Cam Pring has the patience of a saint. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Just now, Ecko said:

Please explain. I'm genuinely intrigued to hear what you have to say.

The squad is probably best we have had in terms of competition but lacks a sprinkle of magic that all promotion teams need.

Pearson started it and now it needs 2 or 3 quality signings to add to it and I think we will be closer to the top 6 than we have been in a long time.

We are having more control in games tonight aside than we have had a long time.

You can see the pattern of play and a plan.

Its not quiet there I except but I honestly think we are getting closer to being a top 6 team.

We are closing the gap to the Coventrys, Watfords etc.. I think we can go and win at these teams when we have everyone fit. 

We won’t do it this year but next year with the 2 or 3 signings I think we can give it a genuine go.

• Hmmm 1
Just now, Cidre Monita said:

Silly? Before tonight’s game we were 3rd from bottom of the form table. We were torn apart tonight by an average Leeds team. Where do we go from here Northern Red? I honestly despair with the likes of you. Silly boy. 

Average Leeds team? Are you sure you watched the same game. Premier League bound if they take their chances.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, Better Red said:

The squad is probably best we have had in terms of competition but lacks a sprinkle of magic that all promotion teams need.

Pearson started it and now it needs 2 or 3 quality signings to add to it and I think we will be closer to the top 6 than we have been in a long time.

We are having more control in games tonight aside than we have had a long time.

You can see the pattern of play and a plan.

Its not quiet there I except but I honestly think we are getting closer to being a top 6 team.

We are closing the gap to the Coventrys, Watfords etc.. I think we can go and win at these teams when we have everyone fit. 

We won’t do it this year but next year with the 2 or 3 signings I think we can give it a genuine go.

Jam tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well.

Won’t talk too much about the game, first 15 minutes you pressed us, looked dangerous, got in behind a couple of times and I was concerned for the night ahead, ended up that was it bar one chance, feel we should have been 3/4 up within 60 minutes, awful finishing and your defence was all over the place.

Main point I’ll make sat in E34 Dolman next to the away fans, filled with 18-25 year olds (good you’d think) loads of fans for the future, most of them probably watched a total of 65 minutes, on their phones just talking to each other, no contribution to atmosphere even during your bright start, up and down to go to the toilet probably 3/4 times, selfies etc. i was very surprised at the atmosphere, it was as poor as the football.

Obvious Jimmy Saville chants which Leeds fans replied with MOT.

2 minutes applause impeccable 👏🏻 

Don’t see you getting anywhere near the playoffs based on that, disjointed, no fight, no plan, little pace.

I thought your MoM was your keeper.

• Like 11