IGNORED

Dire Mebude signed on loan - CONFIRMED

westonred

22 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

When I was watching his first day videos I did wonder about his eligibility for tonight's game. He can be heard saying he arrived on Wednesday night? And then he's training which I presume is in the morning? So would seem weird if he wasn't registered before 12. 

I hope you are right, but you know what red tape can be like at times, especially over different time zones. 

Back to the video, he seems a really nice lad and fitted in well. I thought it was interesting that all the Scots lads seemed to know him.There seems to be a really nice vibe about the club as a whole, lots of laughs and smiles. 

Did I hear him say, he wasn't keen to see out his contract in Belgium? Maybe he didn't find it so welcoming?

• Like 1

Just watched the interview with Dire where he suggested that his last game was a friendly match two weeks ago.  I know people are getting excited, but seems like he’s one for the future. Realistically he’s not going to come in and push us into the playoffs 

11 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Just watched the interview with Dire where he suggested that his last game was a friendly match two weeks ago.  I know people are getting excited, but seems like he’s one for the future. Realistically he’s not going to come in and push us into the playoffs 

Sorry but because his last game was a friendly how does that make him one for the future and not better than what we have to push us on this season? 

43 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

When I was watching his first day videos I did wonder about his eligibility for tonight's game. He can be heard saying he arrived on Wednesday night? And then he's training which I presume is in the morning? So would seem weird if he wasn't registered before 12. 

Maybe we used the same person the R*****s use? 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I don’t think that sort of plan will get you promoted from this league.
A counter attacking team will get you some great results away from home but it won’t make your home form any sort of fortress (and its home form that will carry you the most points and be the base from which a promotion push is built). As I’ve always said, the home form needs to improve and without that we won’t go anywhere. So that plan doesn’t work.
Yes, it’s great that under Pearson’s tenure he established a gritty, determined team ethic. But if that was the only plan then it won’t work without increased confidence in possession and the sprinkling of some stardust too. And I firmly believe that Manning is in the process of creating that extra something that we’d need to marry up with the grit and determination. 

This all day long.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Loads of the kids who come from all over the place to Man City’s and United's academies end up with Manc accents. If you ever hear Paul Pogba speak English there's a Manc twang in there.

I still chuckle at Jan Molby and his scouse accent and of course we had that great linguist Joey Barton and his fluent French

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

From the reactions, presumably nobody can see any similarities!

Never saw much of Akinbiyi, but I gather he was a little more of a target man/centre forward than we've seen of Mebude so far - more about hold up play and physicality, while Mebude seems to be more a dribbler.

51 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

This signing excites me lots!  I've always wanted us to take a former Man City youth prospect!!!  Yessssssss!

Yep loved Ryan Mcgivern………

Edited by Jose
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I was only quoting what the seagull said was the plan. 
He said the plan was to not get relegated and that it was clear for all of us to see. 
Yet by the same token he thought that under Pearson we could make the playoffs? 
So I’m unsure exactly what the plan was that he is referring to. Was it to avoid relegation or was it to make playoffs? 

But I believe he also refers to the plan as being a team set up to counter attack and win through grit and determination (and all those intangibles). 

I don’t think that sort of plan will get you promoted from this league.
A counter attacking team will get you some great results away from home but it won’t make your home form any sort of fortress (and its home form that will carry you the most points and be the base from which a promotion push is built). As I’ve always said, the home form needs to improve and without that we won’t go anywhere. So that plan doesn’t work.
Yes, it’s great that under Pearson’s tenure he established a gritty, determined team ethic. But if that was the only plan then it won’t work without increased confidence in possession and the sprinkling of some stardust too. And I firmly believe that Manning is in the process of creating that extra something that we’d need to marry up with the grit and determination. 

Thanks for the context. I think NP was steadily building the style too personally at least final few months of last season...you could see it vs bottom 3rd sides and certain home games in general.

A theoretical midfield of Naismith, Scott and Knight would've had a lot of attributes..then Scott sold, Naismith in and out but underlying metrics until we hit the Autumn injury crisis were absolutely improving.

The home form a red flag granted but the rug was pulled from under NP a bit, most of his tenure was without going Chapter and Verse firefighting borne out of necessity.

NP really got the chance to be judged on a truly even keel.

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I've got to say, the togetherness of the squad looks really good at the moment doesn't it.  I'm genuinely looking forward to the future (how many times have I said that).  

I love this from medical.

“Any niggles any Injuries?” “Um…..nah” 

Uh oh 🤣

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I hope you are right, but you know what red tape can be like at times, especially over different time zones. 

Back to the video, he seems a really nice lad and fitted in well. I thought it was interesting that all the Scots lads seemed to know him.There seems to be a really nice vibe about the club as a whole, lots of laughs and smiles. 

Did I hear him say, he wasn't keen to see out his contract in Belgium? Maybe he didn't find it so welcoming?

Yes I was just thinking that maybe international clearance needed to be recieved before the 12 pm cut off? 

He comes across as someone who's very endearing and I think he will be very popular within the club and with the fans. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

I can see that he played a friendly against Rapid Bucharesti (Bucharest) on 12th Jan.  He played 48 mins and played Left Wing.

58 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Or clubs in the bag.

Sorry but we are back to the days of wanting to bring in players to improve us rather than coaching on the grass.  

Sorry, are you saying you disagree with the concept of bringing in players that improve us? And that if we do that we don't bother coaching? It's not one or the other!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can see that he played a friendly against Rapid Bucharesti (Bucharest) on 12th Jan.  He played 48 mins and played Left Wing.

I don’t think he can be trusted. He definitely said 90 mins when asked in the video. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Turnip said:

What contradictions?

Bringing in a head coach to better coach our players to make them out perform their ability and then instead of doing that they sign a player in a position that we don't really need another player unless of course the injuries to Sykes and Twine are more serious than has been let on. 

• Facepalm 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, transfer reader said:

First of all, caveats about every player having a highlight reel, and the video being entirely youth football, but...

I do like how much he's running with his head up scanning, quite a few unselfish moments where he lays it off to someone, even when in a decent position himself.

And that Man Utd side probably couldn't wait for that game to end, as he scores 1 and gets 5 assists! (maybe generous giving the last as his assist)

He also looks genuinely comfortable with both feet, and plays on both wings and centrally in the video (but mostly on the right).

There's no way he'd have been awarded that penalty for us though!

The thing I liked in that video (usual points about standard etc) was that when stood still, faced up with a block, he seemed aware of those around him and used his long stride to create new simple passing lanes. He seems not to be hand-cuffed to trying to beat the same defender three times like a former right-winger of ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Or clubs in the bag.

Sorry but we are back to the days of wanting to bring in players to improve us rather than coaching on the grass.  

You can only judge that when we see the retained list tbf. For example Bird in probably sees James out. If we did revert to that nonsense policy then the hierarchy are more daft than I thought. I think it’s a case of wait and see before jumping to that conclusion. If Nige was still here he would have brought bodies in let’s not pretend otherwise.

• Like 1