IGNORED

Bell and Mehmeti - sell please

Shauntaylor85

• The title was changed to Bell and Mehmeti - sell please

Bell has really regressed since the the first month of the season. Still gets into some good positions, but then either wants to take an extra touch and is closed down (like last night), or makes the wrong decision. When he came into the side he was an instinctive finisher and playing wide hit a lot of 1st time crosses, that ability seems to have been lost.

Mehmeti could yet develop into a good option, things almost happen when he plays, like his good movement to get the shot in last night which nearly beat the keeper. Note Wells had 2 similar chances in the first 10 mins and was simply not quick enough to threaten.  

To be fair to Bell, in the new formation, whenever he gets a run out it’s at wingback… he isn’t a wingback!

Again, this is a clear example of Manning having no plan b. Even when chasing a game, the changes he makes are like for like even if that means putting players out of position.

Not saying Bell is the answer, wouldn’t be disappointed to see him leave. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up like Wes Burns and doing well for another club.

Edited by formerly known as ivan
  • Like 3

Bells a strange one, looked completely lost first half at West Ham but then grew into the game and got better and better, commentators were loving him.

Does he need a loan to league 1 to get a full season in him? Must be a low earner and won’t command much of a fee so wouldn’t harm us to hold him.

Theres a player in there but he needs more coaching and more experience.

• Like 1

Mehmeti is just an abysmal footballer at this level. Hes the very definition of a playground footballer - lots of skill but absolutely no idea what to do, how to work positionally or what’s best for the team. I’ve posted elsewhere that I think LM misjudged the gap between L1 and Champ and Mehmeti absolutely epitomises that - he wanted him at Oxford, he might have been good at Oxford. But for any club at this level he’s just not at the standard.

Bell I’ve said before I think will ultimately regress to the level below. He’s a better option than Anis currently, but so is a man with no legs. I’d keep him around the squad as opposed to a starter but expect him to be phased out over time.

• Like 5
  • Flames 8

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Have to go in summer, Bell in particular. Clearly neither are good enough for this level. We need to forget the academy and Mickey Bell connection, he needs to go. 

So 5 months ago you wanted a front 3 of Mehmeti, Conway and Bell and NOW you want to sell two of them?  Not have them on the bench…sell them

Our squad is still paper thin and Still includes least five or six that either aren’t or are no longer Championship standard ( Bell, Mehmeti, Cornick, Wells, King,James). Add to that 3 or 4 lads on the bench EVERY week who have never kicked a ball and you can clearly see why we’re very likely to finish around 15th-18th once again ! Massive overhaul started with the signings of Stokes, Murphy and Bird but need to ship all the above out in the Summer to bring in more fresh blood if the Lansdowns are serious about pushing on ! ( They aren’t of course !!) 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mehmeti is just an abysmal footballer at this level. Hes the very definition of a playground footballer - lots of skill but absolutely no idea what to do, how to work positionally or what’s best for the team. I’ve posted elsewhere that I think LM misjudged the gap between L1 and Champ and Mehmeti absolutely epitomises that - he wanted him at Oxford, he might have been good at Oxford. But for any club at this level he’s just not at the standard.

Bell I’ve said before I think will ultimately regress to the level below. He’s a better option than Anis currently, but so is a man with no legs. I’d keep him around the squad as opposed to a starter but expect him to be phased out over time.

This.

For the poster who thought he looked “ok” you should ask Cam Pring.

He must be absolutely ****** off with doing the work of two once he comes on the pitch.

His lack of game awareness is incredible, it’s like he’s only just taken the sport up.

That’s before you get to his refusal to track back with any intensity at all.

I would persevere with Bell as a squad option, firstly he gives you what he’s got & secondly at the start of the season he went on a scoring burst, at 21 there is no reason to believe he can’t do again.

I’d move Mehmeti on this summer if we can find a taker, though.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Harsh on bell, he’s young, quick, and can finish, and ive never seen anything to suggest he isnt a top young pro. he isnt messi with the ball, if he was he wouldnt be with us,,, playing right wing back whens he most dangerous as a counterattacking forward has screwed him

Not harsh at all, terrible positional sense, final ball woeful (well isn’t it across), pace yes but lacks the strength to make use of it, finishing? Swansea away perhaps a good finish. No doubt he was a better player under the great Nige, then again all of them were. He got an extra 10 percent. 

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

So you wanted a player you didn’t rate to start for us? Hmmm

You and I can agree to disagree on all things city. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Facepalm 1