IGNORED

Last night’s “sold out” Ashton Gate?

Wokingham Red

2 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

I apologise if I’m going over a topic which has been discussed before but it struck me how last night’s “sold out” home game was far from it. There seems to be a big issue with no-shows. 
What is driving this issue? Of course not all STHs can make every game. I heard a theory last night that people bought an under 12s ST just to get a free shirt and/or to give themselves more space. 
What could the club do to combat this? Perhaps creating a proper resale platform? Or some kind of enforcement if a season ticket is a no-show for say 3/4 home games in a row. 
Seems like the club are missing out on an easy win with a resale platform which would generate more ticket and food/drink revenue. 

The sold out is embarrassing. We have a 27K stadium, yet 25K is our sell out. Need those corners filled in. 

20 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

They’ll be 3 seats spare front row in South Stand, just to the left of the goal as you look at it. We haven’t attended since Pearson was sacked. I doubt we’re the only ones..

We're better off without "fans" like you, i expect we'll find you down at Yeovil being as they're top of their league

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The sold out is embarrassing. We have a 27K stadium, yet 25K is our sell out. Need those corners filled in. 

I hate quoting myself , but ...

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Apparently we have 26,400 seats.
Rough figures;
The Atyeo has 4,200 seats.
There was about 3,000 Leeds
Leaves 1,200 empty. 
Total 25,400 
Attendance 25,429 so we sold what we could.

3 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

I apologise if I’m going over a topic which has been discussed before but it struck me how last night’s “sold out” home game was far from it. There seems to be a big issue with no-shows. 
What is driving this issue? Of course not all STHs can make every game. I heard a theory last night that people bought an under 12s ST just to get a free shirt and/or to give themselves more space. 
What could the club do to combat this? Perhaps creating a proper resale platform? Or some kind of enforcement if a season ticket is a no-show for say 3/4 home games in a row. 
Seems like the club are missing out on an easy win with a resale platform which would generate more ticket and food/drink revenue. 

Its not easy taking u12s to a night game. Especially on a Friday after a week of school. 

An “enforcement” for no shows? **** me, I miss the vast majority of night games due to not having enough time to finish work, shower, eat dinner and then make it to the ground in time. And sometimes, in the middle of winter or if its been pissing down all day, then sometimes you would rather just stay at home with family than watch a terrible game of football!

Fully behind a resale potentially if you are not attending the game, but to try and “enforce” something for not turning up to games (which they have already paid for) is complete madness, would never ever happen.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Its not easy taking u12s to a night game. Especially on a Friday after a week of school. 

True.

The problem isn’t with the people who find themselves in that position, the problem is with people who know full well that the ST they buy cheap is rarely, if ever, going to be used even on a Saturday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

We're better off without "fans" like you, i expect we'll find you down at Yeovil being as they're top of their league

Aww bless. I’ve barely missed a city home game in 25 years, ever since I passed my driving test and could travel from Yeovil area. If you’re not intelligent enough to read between the lines of why I haven’t been since Pearson was sacked then jog on little Tommy. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

18 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I'll work backwards a bit.

Dunno if it is the case for rugby too but the Atyeo nominally holds 4.2k but the max for football especially seems to be 3.4k or thereabouts. You can knock off 800 there for one- Jerry confirmed the max capacity in the SLO Q&A last year.

In the past there has been a rule pertaining to 10% reduction in areas of Persistent Standing or Unreserved Seating. I don't know if it is still the case but it would also account for some in the Safe Standing area.

Still a circle or 2 to square but if Leeds had under 3k last night that would also start to square it.

1 hour ago, zider'ed said:

Surely with today's technology, there has to be a way of season ticket holders letting the club know that they can't make certain games due to holidays or family commitments etc, then making their seats available for general sale. 

As an incentive, if a season ticket holders seat is then resold, the club could add points to season ticket holders My City Rewards balance.

I looked to buy 3 tickets earlier this week as plans changed meaning we could make it, but unfortunately could not book 3 seats together. Then watch it on Sky and see 100's of seats empty, especially in the South Stand.

Maybe there could be the opportunity of a resale the day before a game of any seats made available.

If there was a call for it then it would be good if the club could re-sell STH’s seats that won’t be used for a match.

However points in the rewards scheme is no incentive at all as it’s rubbish ! Bits that’s a whole different thread.

Do people think the open layout of the concourses at the ground are fuelling this problem of empty seats as it enables people to buy a cheaper seat and then move to other areas of the ground.

Last night there were large numbers standing at the back of the Dolman and it happens often that I have different people around me in the second half than I had in the first half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartockRed said:

Aww bless. I’ve barely missed a city home game in 25 years, ever since I passed my driving test and could travel from Yeovil area. If you’re not intelligent enough to read between the lines of why I haven’t been since Pearson was sacked then jog on little Tommy. 

Sorry mate no idea where you're coming from in regards to "reading between the lines" is it because you didn't want NP sacked so you and your two mates are forming some kind of protest ?

2 hours ago, zider'ed said:

Surely with today's technology, there has to be a way of season ticket holders letting the club know that they can't make certain games due to holidays or family commitments etc, then making their seats available for general sale. 

As an incentive, if a season ticket holders seat is then resold, the club could add points to season ticket holders My City Rewards balance.

I looked to buy 3 tickets earlier this week as plans changed meaning we could make it, but unfortunately could not book 3 seats together. Then watch it on Sky and see 100's of seats empty, especially in the South Stand.

Maybe there could be the opportunity of a resale the day before a game of any seats made available.

We have it at Leeds.

ST Holders mark on their accounts games they can’t attend, they go for resale as a block at a specific time (all the ST resales)

ST Holder gets their average £ per game credited to their account to come off next years ST and club gets the extra as they sell it on for more.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

We have it at Leeds.

ST Holders mark on their accounts games they can’t attend, they go for resale as a block at a specific time (all the ST resales)

ST Holder gets their average £ per game credited to their account to come off next years ST and club gets the extra as they sell it on for more.

Interesting. I guess your situation is different to ours where the supply is much greater. 
Last night was quite a rare occurance. As others have said, enforcement for us would be a probably OTT. But a resale platform shouldn’t really be a tough ask for a championship club. 

17 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

They're all stood at the back of the Dolman. 

This is the exact comment I’ve made previously about this subject.

Last night a security woman was asking people to sit down and not stand at the back before the game had even started ! And then it was only one or two people spread out across the length of the stand.

Game starts and the back fills up and no sign of the security then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

South stand is the worst culprit imo so I think you're spot on about the cheap kids ticket. Almost no reason not to as they only have to go to a handful of games over the season for it to be worth it.

Resale is a decent idea, but if you're a group it's going to be a pain buying individual tickets in dribs and drabs as people put them up for resale.

I'd think about ditching the free shirt thing or increasing the price personally, though I don't know all the details.

Why not just sell kids shirts much cheaper in the shop instead?

732115E9-9D41-4A9A-A9F6-3B29DEC2D97A.thumb.jpeg.18b9d32368040a448d0698afb77cdd33.jpeg

So many empty seats. Not just single seats, almost whole rows.  Taken after 39 mins of match.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

732115E9-9D41-4A9A-A9F6-3B29DEC2D97A.thumb.jpeg.18b9d32368040a448d0698afb77cdd33.jpeg

So many empty seats. Not just single seats, almost whole rows.

And it got worse as the game went on.

Ultimately (and I say this with 4 STs, including 2 kids ones in the Dolman), the concept of £50 kids STs on the South Stand, while we already have a designated family stand is unsustainable. 

I realise kids miss x amount of games during the season (as do adults of course), but people are buying multiple seats and getting transfers into other stands as well.

Having a seat empty for 50% of the games and the loss of revenue in the concourses and from pay on the day, is something that we as a club will I'm sure look to address.

@phantom is that something along the lines of the issue bout up by the S&T?

• Like 2

When I worked as SLO for YTFC back in the day, was frequently asked what % of seaon ticket holders don't show up on matchdays.

Made enquiries with the ticket office manager and at any game, it was always 10-15% of the STH base. Asked a few other clubs and it was pretty much the same there too.

If City have 16,000 STH's (IIRC), that would mean (gets calculator out....) between 1,600 and 2,400 no shows every game. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Like mentioned already I'd say it's about supply and demand. 

Up until very recently we haven't been selling out so tickets have always been available 

Exactly this. The ability to turn on resale for fans that can't attend a fixture is there. But there needs to be consistent demand for it. If we ever get to the PL, it'll be turned on, as games will sell out far in advance. At the moment, games aren't selling out far enough in advance, or consistently enough, to warrant turning this on. 

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So many empty seats. Not just single seats, almost whole rows.  Taken after 39 mins of match.

Look at you all comfy in the Lansdown with your prawn sandwich 😉

Edited by pj76

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

What a shit post, we'd be better off with fans like you, lapping up unquestionably all the shit that's thrown at us,

I know another set of fans in Bristol that do that

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

What a shit post, we'd be better off with fans like you, lapping up unquestionably all the shit that's thrown at us,

I know another set of fans in Bristol that do that

Calm down mate, it was said "tongue in cheek" i appreciate every BCFC fan whether they attend games or just watch from the comfort of their sofa, we all want the same thing and we all share the same frustrations

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Too be honest Dave loads start leaving from 35 minutes onwards and head to the bars, i'm always amazed how many just stand in the concourse watching the game on the TV's