IGNORED

Last night’s “sold out” Ashton Gate?

Wokingham Red

I have no problem with the no shows. I’m a season ticket holder and can’t to every game because I live in London. If I’m one case then there are hundreds, maybe thousands in the same boat as me. Sky of course had much to do with those empty seats on a Friday night!!

I have more problems with the fans missing from their seats because the concourse seems to be more entertaining to them. Especially 10 mins before and after half time. It would be interesting to know how many bums were on seats when Leeds scored.

On the few occasions I need to go for a pee during match time I am astounded by how many are in the concourse. Why? Why? Isn’t the point to turn up to support your team and watch a game of football? Fair enough if Leeds were 3-0 up before half-time or near the end - although I still don’t why you would leave 5-10 before the end of half-time.

The max exodus is embarrassing to watch. We were 0-1 down with 5 minutes left but many left. The game was still finely poised -score wise at least- and yet instead of encouraging your team you headed for the turnstiles. Don’t get it - never will - but hey that’s my opinion. I’m sure you have yours. 

Edited by pikeysrobins
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is often an exodus 5 mins from HT to beat the queues etc. Would roughly align with 39 mins.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

53 minutes ago, pj76 said:

Look at you all comfy in the Lansdown with your prawn sandwich 😉

Middle row, corporate box level too.  Ark at me!  Unfortunately we are in section a4, not the Corps! 🤣🤣🤣

34 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Too be honest Dave loads start leaving from 35 minutes onwards and head to the bars, i'm always amazed how many just stand in the concourse watching the game on the TV's

I should’ve taken another one 2 minutes later when they started streaming out in their masses.  I’m not saying a few hadn’t already gone for their h-t pint, but this was prior to to the exodus.

There are definitely fans who sit around me who simply cannot go 45 mins without access to substances not permitted in the seating area. Some almost never see more than 30 mins per half, but they are generally as enthusiastic as anyone else while present. While I find it baffling, if you need alcohol, nicotine or other substances that much, I don’t think it’s a matter for the seat police. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

And it got worse as the game went on.

Ultimately (and I say this with 4 STs, including 2 kids ones in the Dolman), the concept of £50 kids STs on the South Stand, while we already have a designated family stand is unsustainable. 

I realise kids miss x amount of games during the season (as do adults of course), but people are buying multiple seats and getting transfers into other stands as well.

Having a seat empty for 50% of the games and the loss of revenue in the concourses and from pay on the day, is something that we as a club will I'm sure look to address.

@phantom is that something along the lines of the issue bout up by the S&T?

Yes, the club are very aware of the situation, but as this thread shows it's a difficult situation to resolve 

6 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

I apologise if I’m going over a topic which has been discussed before but it struck me how last night’s “sold out” home game was far from it. There seems to be a big issue with no-shows. 
What is driving this issue? Of course not all STHs can make every game. I heard a theory last night that people bought an under 12s ST just to get a free shirt and/or to give themselves more space. 
What could the club do to combat this? Perhaps creating a proper resale platform? Or some kind of enforcement if a season ticket is a no-show for say 3/4 home games in a row. 
Seems like the club are missing out on an easy win with a resale platform which would generate more ticket and food/drink revenue. 

I'm a season ticket holder in B Block 260 miles round trip for home games I haven't been able to go the last few games because I fractured my hip! Hopefully be back for Caadiff game ! so your saying club should sell my seat to someone else even though i paid in full at start of season? See you Jim Steve Chris etc for Caadiff game!!

4 minutes ago, trickydickiecardigan said:

I'm a season ticket holder in B Block 260 miles round trip for home games I haven't been able to go the last few games because I fractured my hip! Hopefully be back for Caadiff game ! so your saying club should sell my seat to someone else even though i paid in full at start of season? See you Jim Steve Chris etc for Caadiff game!!

If they sold it just for the games you can’t make and you benefited with maybe a share of the fee the club sell it for then n your current situation where you’ve had to miss a few games through no fault of your own then you could at least get something back 

1 hour ago, pikeysrobins said:

I have no problem with the no shows. I’m a season ticket holder and can’t to every game because I live in London. If I’m one case then there are hundreds, maybe thousands in the same boat as me. Sky of course had much to do with those empty seats on a Friday night!!

I have more problems with the fans missing from their seats because the concourse seems to be more entertaining to them. Especially 10 mins before and after half time. It would be interesting to know how many bums were on seats when Leeds scored.

On the few occasions I need to go for a pee during match time I am astounded by how many are in the concourse. Why? Why? Isn’t the point to turn up to support your team and watch a game of football? Fair enough if Leeds were 3-0 up before half-time or near the end - although I still don’t why you would leave 5-10 before the end of half-time.

The max exodus is embarrassing to watch. We were 0-1 down with 5 minutes left but many left. The game was still finely poised -score wise at least- and yet instead of encouraging your team you headed for the turnstiles. Don’t get it - never will - but hey that’s my opinion. I’m sure you have yours. 

Simple answer turn off TVs during the game!

4 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

If there was a call for it then it would be good if the club could re-sell STH’s seats that won’t be used for a match.

However points in the rewards scheme is no incentive at all as it’s rubbish ! Bits that’s a whole different thread.

Do people think the open layout of the concourses at the ground are fuelling this problem of empty seats as it enables people to buy a cheaper seat and then move to other areas of the ground.

Last night there were large numbers standing at the back of the Dolman and it happens often that I have different people around me in the second half than I had in the first half.

That is a very valid point regarding moving to different seats, a couple of my mates have season tickets in the south stand and they will let us know if there are any seats free around them at half time.

So I'll hold my hands up, as we'll then move seats and sit by them for the second half. 

1 minute ago, zider'ed said:

That is a very valid point regarding moving to different seats, a couple of my mates have season tickets in the south stand and they will let us know if there are any seats free around them at half time.

So I'll hold my hands up, as we'll then move seats and sit by them for the second half. 

But in my mind that’s not the end of the world if it’s not something you do every game. 
I think there are though some people who will always buy a seat in a cheaper area with the intention of sitting elsewhere.

That is aided by the layout of the ground 

40 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I'm in that photo...cheers Dave 😊

Last night there were approx 25 empty seats in 3 rows of our block in SS, mainly adult season ticket holders. The majority of these are elderly, or come from outside Bristol. How do I know this? because I am a nosy person, who loves to talk to fellow fans. 
Am I one of a few who got an email from the club saying if you can’t attend then you can pass your ticket on?

2 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

But in my mind that’s not the end of the world if it’s not something you do every game. 
I think there are though some people who will always buy a seat in a cheaper area with the intention of sitting elsewhere.

That is aided by the layout of the ground 

No it's not something we do every game and I fully agree that it's an issue if people are buying cheaper tickets with the intention of moving.

My main reason for moving (apart from sitting with friends obv) is that I like to get involved with singing and often end up in an area where the atmosphere is poor. 

I’m frankly bored of randoms appearing for the 2nd half up in the family area. So yeah, I think it’s fairly widespread that people don’t sit in their seat - which to be honest, I wouldn’t usually care about but either have an area that’s restricted access and manage it accordingly, or just remove the restriction. 

1 hour ago, Back of the Dolman said:

If they sold it just for the games you can’t make and you benefited with maybe a share of the fee the club sell it for then n your current situation where you’ve had to miss a few games through no fault of your own then you could at least get something back 

Would they charge a booking fee?😂

3 hours ago, Komazawa said:

Exactly this. The ability to turn on resale for fans that can't attend a fixture is there. But there needs to be consistent demand for it. If we ever get to the PL, it'll be turned on, as games will sell out far in advance. At the moment, games aren't selling out far enough in advance, or consistently enough, to warrant turning this on. 

Agreed. IF City ever did reach the PL, would they ever consider Brentford's new ticketing approach?

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/new-policy-for-season-tickets#:~:text=You need to 'use' your,call a 'yellow card'.

I wonder how this is working out for Brentford in practice? Obviously their capacity is a lot smaller than City's, but interested to find out if it's working successfully for them. 

Edit: https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/ticket-news-exchange-making-an-impact-brentford-gtech-community-stadium

Edited by Claverham_Red
  • Like 1

When I 1st started taking my lad, I was in the old Williams St. I had a ST & I bought him tickets for a few games.  He loved it, so I got him a ST the following season, he was about 6, & I'm pretty sure his ST was actually free then. In fairness he's had a ST even since.

As he's at Uni a ST just about works out as he watches when he can.

Not sure you can do much about no shows. The reality is, sell outs aren't that common, it's not like we're Arsenal with a huge waiting list, but the club should have a facility to aid ST'S being recycled if the ticket holder can't go.

19 minutes ago, Claverham_Red said:

Agreed. IF City ever did reach the PL, would they ever consider Brentford's new ticketing approach?

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/new-policy-for-season-tickets#:~:text=You need to 'use' your,call a 'yellow card'.

I wonder how this is working out for Brentford in practice? Obviously their capacity is a lot smaller than City's, but interested to find out if it's working successfully for them. 

Edit: https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/ticket-news-exchange-making-an-impact-brentford-gtech-community-stadium

The details of the policy are here: https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/new-policy-for-season-tickets

I really like idea. Seems fair enough so that it is quite difficult to get the "yellow card". 

We aren't yet in a position where this is required though and won't be until we reach the promise land (so probably never 🤣)

I’m looking to buy a season ticket next season. The first time I’ll ever have a season ticket so this thread is very interesting for me as due to working commitments I know I won’t be able to attend once a month on a Saturday (hopefully this falls on an away match), Wednesday night games  (fingers crossed majority of our home evening games will be on a Tuesday) & work late every other Friday (hopefully sky don’t re-arrange Saturday to a Friday to often.)

If I do end up getting a season ticket I will know the games I can’t attend well in advance. If the club ever did do a buy back scheme I’d be very interested in it.  I do like Brentford’s idea. 

Edited by Red Army 79

7 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

At Arsenal you have to attend 10 games a season on your digital ticket or you lose it for the next season. But you can transfer it to another person’s mobile if you add them to your community. Surely the club can find a more flexible way. 

I'm sure that's easier to enforce at a club with a waiting list on season tickets. 

• Like 1