IGNORED

Tins on RB

Tomo

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Your reply seems to be a response to somebody else since it has no bearing on what I actually posted.

For the record I have no problem with the latest window but that is not what I wrote about.

Sorry CP,  don't know if i'm coming or going

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Funds available from the Alex and Antoine deals! Remind me who was in charge when those players were sold and was told there was no money to spend???

Yep, BT was full of "we agreed a fee of £2.5m for Azaz and wages, but he went elsewhere"

Hmm... would that money be from the same pot that NP was told "Budget full, no money available" 🤔 

Ultimately why they didn't just say "working relationship breakdown/want different things" etc etc.

They came up with a load of rubbish, that is going to be used repeatedly now for them to be accountable for.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 7
  • Flames 3

9 minutes ago, James54De said:

Seriously, Naismith is a centre half. He’s played, what, 3/4 games in midfield for us? 

At this point, while hes got a decent left foot, id have to say hes not done a lot for us and will be one of the higher earners… would be nice if that could be freed up and he be moved on. With the knight, bird, tgh and possibly twine signings we are clearly moving towards a younger more mobile midfield, (with a possible resale value)…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Tinnion can be as upbeat as he likes, I’ve not bothered listening but, if and I know it’s a big IF, but if Plymouth win their two games in hand then they go above us… Just think about that. 

I’m happy for him to be bullish, I’d rather that than be doom and gloom.  It’s kinda his job to promote us.  As I always say the proof will be in the performances of the players brought in.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Completely @GrahamC

"So in the summer we're looking for a big strong, quick forward to play as a number 9" ie not Tommy

"But we would still love Tommy to sign a new contract"

"We need to improve our forward options". Read everyone is going from our current forwards (Conway, Cornick and dare I say it Wells?)

"There are funds available from Alex, Antoine deals and..." BT was gagging to say the money we'll get for Conway.

Because we’ve seen no evidence or heard no soundbites from LM that he sees forwards as a pair.

I suggest he watches Leeds Bamford and Rutter for how it’s possible.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why us Pring, contracted until 2026 getting sold seemingly.

We are not under pressure to sell as such, we know this. I know sometimes it can be inevitable ie Scott but that should've been the last big sale for a while IMO.

Accept Conway is a greater risk given the lack of contract progress but maybe just maybe one year after 2 seasons of heavy lifting keep your best, add a bit more depth and go for the top 6, more specifically the playoffs.

Because quite simply if a PL team comes in, he’ll go and we’ll get the appropriate transfer fee in compensation.  Same will happen if a relegated PL team comes in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Ok.

Finishing mid table ish would be acceptable?

Finishing not much different to this season would be acceptable?

What's the point of Manning then?

What happened to top 6?

What happened to promotion?

Unless Manning has us consistently top end and knocking on the door next season (no chance imo) whats the point of all this upheaval?

Petty score settling??

Why are you asking me weird questions? Where have I said it would be acceptable?  You do know I’m not Brian Tinnion don’t you ? 

I am a season ticket holder and have been to very few games football is supposed to be entertainment iam rareley entertained this football is wringing every last ounce of passion i have to drag my self to the gate we have a nice stadium a nice training centre a nice owner a nice owners son a squad of nice lads coached by a very nice manager we are far to soft iam sick weary and fed up of this nice guy manager routine lj holden and now manning when will things ever change after 57 seasons following city home and away iam reaching breaking point the football being served up has reached un watchable levels

• Like 2

The promising, bright "future".

The very convenient get-out-of-jail-free card frequently deployed to distract us from the great big turd in front of our noses.

As the aannoying dvert once said when trying to sell us another pretty crap product ...

"The Future's bright . . .

the future's  . . .

Out of Reach"

(so no-one can hold us to account when the fantasy we promised is long distant and forgotten)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Because quite simply if a PL team comes in, he’ll go and we’ll get the appropriate transfer fee in compensation.  Same will happen if a relegated PL team comes in.

Let's see. Jordan James contracted until 2025, 2026 with option.

Otoh Rogers, Wharton 2 others who did go despite resistance 

Are Birmingham a markedly more attractive proposition in terms of holding onto key players?

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

He had a right old go at TGH. Never a good sign of harmony, players arguing amongst themselves. 

And rightly so (he could’ve moaned at James too).  We are 1-0 down and he’s having to screen Gruev because his two teammates aren’t going to try to squeeze Gruev.

47 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I saw what you meant last night but the one time that stands out for me the most was when he’d chased the keeper down who was able to play out to a defender easily and nobody else had pressed forward with Conway so his work was pointless.

i saw that as frustration and not petulance on that occasion 

Exactly.  This pic is just one example where Tommy wants help.

IMG_2627.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James54De said:

So because you think he could be an option in midfield, he is classed as a midfielder? In spite of the fact that he is actually a centre half? 

Played a number of games in midfield.

He could provide craft that we lack given his range of passing.

Perhaps Bird will be the answer next season.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

@Davefevs covered this in the FBC pod this morning.

For all of LM calling out the lack if "bravery" in some of the players  the coaching team have been equally gutless in certwin recent games over their game management.

Preston away and yesterday being good examples. But the reluctance of inability to effect change in game is a worry.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

What a stupid comment, how do i know who was around for £300K, what i do know is that i wouldn't of given you 30 bob never mind 300K and what i do know is that 1.3 million was wasted in last year's January window by our then manager (who apparently wasn't given any money to spend)

Recruitment is a process and a collective process.  Nige didn’t sign them, the recruitment team (which inc Nige) did.

Last January, would you have preferred we sold Semenyo, moved out Bentley, Klose and Martin and just gone with what was left?

FWIW Cornick has been on our recruitment list for a while, and was available.

Mehmeti isn’t wasted money.  Still young, Ben doing a bit better of late too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's see. Jordan James contracted until 2025, 2026 with option.

Otoh Rogers, Wharton 2 others who did go despite resistance 

Are Birmingham a markedly more attractive proposition in terms of holding onto key players?

I haven’t followed….genuine bids from Rangers or paper talk?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I haven’t followed….genuine bids from Rangers or paper talk?

Pring and Conway maybe was paper talk.

Respect of James there was a report a few days into the window that he had agreed Personal Terms with Atalanta, a regular in Europe albeit not one of the traditional Italian big hitters and Birmingham have basically blocked. Maybe bids too low.

Mowbray suggested he maybe worth £30m come the summer. Maybe the bids were low-ball.

Point is they seemed not to capitulate unlike Blackburn and Middlesbrough.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

So we’ve scrapped the Top 6 finish now? The main reason we supposedly sacked Pearson for has been shelved?! Now they’ve realised Pearson was actually doing a decent job with the players available and Manning is struggling with an even stronger squad! 🤦🏻‍♂️😡

I'd have like RB to ask him why it appears the season has been written off and what his views are on the stated objectives not being met. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep, BT was full of "we agreed a fee of £2.5m for Azaz and wages, but he went elsewhere"

Hmm... would that money be from the same pot that NP was told "Budget full, no money available" 🤔 

Ultimately why they didn't just say "working relationship breakdown/want different things" etc etc.

They came up with a load of rubbish, that is going to be used repeatedly now for them to be accountable for.

Agree with the last two paragraphs. I think you just have to take the ‘glass half full’ view of the first two, and take the positives. 

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Interesting that they’re buying for next season and essentially writing this season off.

I think I'd use the word staggering ahead of interesting. Staggering that they could take the support for granted like that. This was the season to progress towards top 10, but it looks like mañana all over again. The great project with no deadlines or measures of success, can't fail can it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Recruitment is a process and a collective process.  Nige didn’t sign them, the recruitment team (which inc Nige) did.

Last January, would you have preferred we sold Semenyo, moved out Bentley, Klose and Martin and just gone with what was left?

FWIW Cornick has been on our recruitment list for a while, and was available.

Mehmeti isn’t wasted money.  Still young, Ben doing a bit better of late too.

To be honest i'm prepared to give Mehmeti more time, no problem with selling Semenyo, though i certainly didn't want him to go but you couldn't stand in his way for a move to the prem 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Personally think this has been a decent window certainly compared to a year ago, who had the bright idea of brining Cornick in and wasting a million on Memheti last January?

The same man who was in charge of the transfer dealings in this window!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Conway is overrated. He can be lazy. Doesn't react to situations quick enough. Wells still better for the team. Offers of £5million would sell asap.. 

I know we lost but seriously?

If he does as you suggest can you pin this to your signature as we watch his career develop with decent service.

• Like 1

The max bird comments I found interesting too, sounded almost as if we wanted him & Knight to come in together in the summer. So the interest far precedes Manning coming in. 

As @Harry has mentioned/alluded to before, will these club targets really fit into the style Manning wants, if they were initially identified & keen to join, for a style very different to what we’re trying to do now?

I can’t imagine TGH being someone Manning would’ve been crying out for, if he was given a ‘clean slate’ of players to bring in, he was just already here and doing well. Would be interested to know how much LM would’ve been banging the door down for Bird too, if he was already high up on a list of players to bring in to the club, and we knew he was keen to come as well, before he was even head coach.

Is also why I really can’t see Williams being offered a new deal despite an excellent December. 

18 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

To be honest i'm prepared to give Mehmeti more time, no problem with selling Semenyo, though i certainly didn't want him to go but you couldn't stand in his way for a move to the prem 

So am I.  He’s young.  He’s shown a bit more since getting a chance.  Finished article…no way, but he has something.

I don’t agree with some that he’s awful defensively either.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pring and Conway maybe was paper talk.

Respect of James there was a report a few days into the window that he had agreed Personal Terms with Atalanta, a regular in Europe albeit not one of the traditional Italian big hitters and Birmingham have basically blocked. Maybe bids too low.

Mowbray suggested he maybe worth £30m come the summer. Maybe the bids were low-ball.

Point is they seemed not to capitulate unlike Blackburn and Middlesbrough.

Not sure about Boro, but Blackburn are on the precipice of financial doom.