IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

All the players will be up in arms then that the game isn’t on TV.

Scouts will only have this forum and radio Bristol to go on 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

If they're scouting this forum we need to start treating some of players like they're worth 20 million

2 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

Hopefully we can hang on for penalties. I fancy us if it goes to a shoot out mainly because I reckon OLeary can save a couple

Mind you Matt Turner's penalty save record is ridiculous, about the only thing he's good at 👇

Incredibly, Turner's saves meant that he has now stopped 11 of the 25 spot-kick efforts he has faced in his professional career, denying the opposition on 44 per cent of occasions from twelve yards

3 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Have we ever won a penalty shout out?

We've shouted out for penalties many times but rarely won them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll quit griping about subs anyway, well done to all so far.

Manning, players, staff..seems like we have been holding our own and good character to come from behind including a possible handball goal.

Wow, you managed something not negative about Manning, congratulations.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just a quick word on Andy King, some of the comments before we kicked off in this thread were pathetic.

Bloke is a class act, his availability this season puts others to shame & we have spent far more on players who have contributed far less.

Absolutely. I think people forget when he puts on that shirt he's representing the team he supports and he has always put the effort in.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Roberts has to have his minutes managed. He hasn’t played for 4 months. 
McCrorie has to have his minutes managed. He lost half his pelvis, didn’t play for 8 months. 
Knight runs 57 miles every game. He needs a rest sometimes. 

You realise that the players minutes are managed to the nth degree with all the sports scientists. All 3 were likely told they have 60 minutes today. 
I highly doubt Manning would have wanted to make those changes when he did. 

I mean, are some people so anti Manning that they think his thought process was “we’re playing really well here against a Prem team, we’re on top of the game and looking good. I know what I’ll do, I’ll purposely make us worse by taking off one of my best players and totally change the team shape” ?? 

Yes Har.

Apparently Manning was seen wheeling the Tombola back down the tunnel at half time when he went for a slash.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If they're scouting this forum we need to start treating some of players like they're worth 20 million

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

I’d only take a minimum of £25million for Cornick personally, too good to let go for any less 😉

Cornick is the best player I've ever seen I'd go for more like 50 million to let him go to anyone

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Roberts has to have his minutes managed. He hasn’t played for 4 months. 
McCrorie has to have his minutes managed. He lost half his pelvis, didn’t play for 8 months. 
Knight runs 57 miles every game. He needs a rest sometimes. 

You realise that the players minutes are managed to the nth degree with all the sports scientists. All 3 were likely told they have 60 minutes today. 
I highly doubt Manning would have wanted to make those changes when he did. 

I mean, are some people so anti Manning that they think his thought process was “we’re playing really well here against a Prem team, we’re on top of the game and looking good. I know what I’ll do, I’ll purposely make us worse by taking off one of my best players and totally change the team shape” ?? 

Some (not saying you) who are very pro Manning seem to bend over backwards to defend decisions albeit a fair and valid point. I get it..Roberts may need his minutes rationing but I really really don't like the back 3 in the main.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

With small squad.  Not good re picking up points in league

Yea... two replays in FA CUP. To be honest, if we were closer to top 6 I would have to not go past West Ham but this season is kinda dead about League Table, so I am more interested in a good cup run.

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Mind you Matt Turner's penalty save record is ridiculous, about the only thing he's good at 👇

Incredibly, Turner's saves meant that he has now stopped 11 of the 25 spot-kick efforts he has faced in his professional career, denying the opposition on 44 per cent of occasions from twelve yards

It won’t get that far.  Sam Bell’s goin score a breakaway goal in the 118th minute.  Mark my words.

• Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Wow, you managed something not negative about Manning, congratulations.

Stupid post. No issue with Manning, the hierarchy a different matter but the back 3 I do not rate.

Or at least sans a fully match fit McCrorie, Naismith and Atkinson.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I've got it in my head that we had a penalty shoot out at the Gate at some point in the late 90's or very early 00's. I seem to remember the opposition manager moaning like **** that the ref chose to have the penaltys taken shooting towards the Atyeo and that it wasn't fair.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Harry Cornick with an ambitious curling attempt from outside the box. The Bristol City substitute gets it all wrong.

Harry Cornick and gets it all wrong, go together like fish and chips or strawberries and cream.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some (not saying you) who are very pro Manning seem to bend over backwards to defend decisions albeit a fair and valid point. I get it..Roberts may need his minutes rationing but I really really don't like the back 3 in the main.

I'm not a fan of a back 3 btw Pops. Back 4 every time for me, but today it would have required a right footer or Bell at LB when the subs were made 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've got it in my head that we had a penalty shoot out at the Gate at some point in the late 90's or very early 00's. I seem to remember the opposition manager moaning like **** that the ref chose to have the penaltys taken shooting towards the Atyeo and that it wasn't fair.

I remember one against Colchester in the League cup, but that was when the Atyeo opened. 

• Like 1