IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Stupid post. No issue with Manning, the hierarchy a different matter but the back 3 I do not rate.

And still not as stupid as your criticism was.

It took very basic levels of thought about the substitutions to understand why they were made, moreover YOU having an issue with a formation is a YOU problem and doesn't make it a valid reason to criticise without seeing how it plays out.

You say no issue with Manning but almost every post you make that isn't digging into FFP is criticism of him, so stop the BS.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Facepalm 5

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've got it in my head that we had a penalty shoot out at the Gate at some point in the late 90's or very early 00's. I seem to remember the opposition manager moaning like **** that the ref chose to have the penaltys taken shooting towards the Atyeo and that it wasn't fair.

Against Bournemouth in the JPT on the way to the final in 2000.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've got it in my head that we had a penalty shoot out at the Gate at some point in the late 90's or very early 00's. I seem to remember the opposition manager moaning like **** that the ref chose to have the penaltys taken shooting towards the Atyeo and that it wasn't fair.

I was at that match but no idea who it was against.  I seem to remember Junior Bent stepping up to take one and everyone saying “oh no!” but he smashed it in 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some (not saying you) who are very pro Manning seem to bend over backwards to defend decisions albeit a fair and valid point. I get it..Roberts may need his minutes rationing but I really really don't like the back 3 in the main.

For the record, I’m not ‘pro manning’. I’m just willing to give the bloke a chance (ie more than 10 games before writing him off). 

Facts are, Roberts clearly could only manage 60 minutes. 
So who goes to left back? 

Maybe Tanner? 
But then if you stay a back 4, he’s your right back. 

So if Tanner goes left back, who goes right back? 

We ought to remember that we have 14 first team players available tonight, with the 2 starting full backs returning from lengthy injuries. 

As I said on page 3 earlier. We are bare bones FC again tonight. So the subs were always gonna be rough. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I'm not a fan of a back 3 btw Pops. Back 4 every time for me, but today it would have required a right footer or Bell at LB when the subs were made 

I think everyone's a bit bias against the 3 at the back because of how much of a difference a back 4 made with us for Pearson but it could work next season i just don't think Dickie fits a 3 at the back and Tanner isn't a natural CB. It could work next season but with the players we have it definitely won't right now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

For the record, I’m not ‘pro manning’. I’m just willing to give the bloke a chance (ie more than 10 games before writing him off). 

Facts are, Roberts clearly could only manage 60 minutes. 
So who goes to left back? 

Maybe Tanner? 
But then if you stay a back 4, he’s your right back. 

So if Tanner goes left back, who goes right back? 

We ought to remember that we have 14 first team players available tonight, with the 2 starting full backs returning from lengthy injuries. 

As I said on page 3 earlier. We are bare bones FC again tonight. So the subs were always gonna be rough. 

In fairness they've all done us proud, as I said elsewhere in the thread.

Albeit it is frustrating and the back 3 I am unconvinced by..especially without Naismith and Atkinson available for the variety. A fully fit McCrorie would also be a different proposition at wingback.

I'm not fully against it but I have strong reservations atm.

I am also wondering if for the sake of a shape Tanner inverted and narrower at LB could have been a way to go.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I think I recall one vs Bournemouth in the early rounds of the JPT (or whatever it was called then, Auto Windscreens maybe) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Everton 2004 there was one albeit that doesn't quite fit the timeline.

Any in LDV Vans or similar?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous