IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

“Dickie would have been a decent option”

Based on what

Hindsight and fans knowing better than the head coach.

• Like 2

Just now, Randy Marsh II said:

Because watching him week after week I don't really see the composure that I was confident he'd score. Thought that would be obvious.

I was being tongue in cheek mate, after seeing all the comments from the 'ITKs' on here for having a go at other fans for having their opinions on who they'd think could be good at pens..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That was a very decent FA Cup run to give a bit of excitement to another mid-table season.

I really enjoyed listening all the way through a radio commentary, this was a classic game and there is no shame in losing on penalties against a Premiership club.

We all do it. Including me previously...'Premier League Club'

Definition: Formed in February 20, 1992, the English Premier League was created by clubs in the Football League First Division. From 1993 to 2001, the league was called as the FA Carling Premiership. Barclaycard took over in 2001 and since then it is known as the Premier League.

Edited by Tomo

This is not about a penalty miss or the performance.  We had a chance to progress in the home tie and didn't have a single shot on target. Pens are a lottery, if Naki takes his chance then we may have gone through. We are a mid table championship team going nowhere due to poor decision making at the top. As someone who has supported City for 53 years I cannot see us in the top flight in the next 10. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, Pippintogg said:

This is not about a penalty miss or the performance.  We had a chance to progress in the home tie and didn't have a single shot on target. Pens are a lottery, if Naki takes his chance then we may have gone through. We are a mid table championship team going nowhere due to poor decision making at the top. As someone who has supported City for 53 years I cannot see us in the top flight in the next 10. 

I think we'll have all popped our clogs by the time we see City in the top flight to be fair.

• Like 1

Unlucky lads, better team lost on the night but can be proud of the performances throughout the tournament. Might even be a blessing in disguise, if we’re to have the tiniest chance of edging close to the top 6 we’re going to need a fully fit squad and time to recover. A cup run might not allow that.. not that I think we’re really in the mix for top 6 but trying to look at the positives ey 😅 win 3 or 4 on the bounce and who knows! (I do know deep down we’re nailed on for no higher than 12th) 😂

Edited by TommyD68

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

The worst key moments video I think I have ever watched

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

Makes you wonder what they were getting so excited about on RB

Yep that’s awful. Hasn’t even got their best chances let alone ours. I can think of at least 8/9 moments missing from there across both teams

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Heartbreaking.. Chin up Sam, you played well and there’ll be better days ahead..

Shame they had their music belting out as the City were singing his name after the final whistle. Hopefully he could hear it, great performance tonight, he didn’t deserve that

• Like 1

Well played Bristol, that was a great showing, your team gave us a good go.

Your fans were great tonight, better than most of the Premier League rabble we get.

We lacked quality and nearly paid the price.

I had perfect view of the goal line attempt, heart definitely in my mouth.

Another time, that tie would have been yours.

Our goalie pulled out a banger of a game. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Definitely on my list of "must do" away days.

Edited by Gimpymoo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

yep kind of, season is never over for me until 53 reached and cant finish 6th.

Joking aside no more than 3 wins or a combination of wins and a few draws to get to 47 points should see us safe, surely even we can't f it up, can we?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gimpymoo said:

Well played Bristol, that was a great showing, your team gave us a good go.

Your fans were great tonight, better than most of the Premier League rabble we get.

We lacked quality and nearly paid the price.

I had perfect view of the goal line attempt, heart definitely in my mouth.

Another time, that tie would have been yours.

Our goalie pulled out a banger of a game. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Definitely on my list of "must do" away days.

It's Bristol City, but thank you for your kind words, we have heard what you say too many times though.