IGNORED

Just back from Forest (Nostalgic thread)

Davefevs

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I listened to the game on 5 Sports xtra and thought they were pretty good, not very biased considering they were radio Nottingham people.

Complimetary about us saying we could easily have won the game. Also pointing out the lovely moment when after the final whistle, Moussa Niakhate , who missed the deciding penalty for Senagal in the Afcon recently, ran over to talk to and console Sam Bell. Well played young man. 

Yes, I noticed that. But I didn’t realise who it was and his own experience. Top man. He didn’t just pat Sam on the head, he was with him for quite some time and seemed really genuine, 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 2

Having since watched the highlights I had a few more observations.

Our goal came from playing out of the back, through the midfield and a decent strike (and save) from King.

Cornick's chance doesn't really look any easier in the replay than it did in real time. It was a half chance I think.

James' strike was closer than I realised.

Still no idea how Wells hasn't scored at the end though. 

Max maybe should have saved the last pen? Gets a hand to it. Always feel a bit harsh saying a keeper should have saved a pen though

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Having since watched the highlights I had a few more observations.

Our goal came from playing out of the back, through the midfield and a decent strike (and save) from King

Knight breaks the lines in midfield doesn’t he…and it all opens up for a King to stroll forward and roll back the years.  Was a nice goal though.

Cornick's chance doesn't really look any easier in the replay than it did in real time. It was a half chance I think.

Agree, on the stretch, on the volley, on his left peg.

James' strike was closer than I realised.

BBCRB were confident keeper had upped it over, but not sure he did.

Still no idea how Wells hasn't scored at the end though.

Defender gets a tiny knick on the cross, which might just be enough to stop Wells getting clean contact.  Defender did ever so well too.

Max maybe should have saved the last pen? Gets a hand to it. Always feel a bit harsh saying a keeper should have saved a pen though

Guess Turner should’ve saved Mehmeti’s - swings and roundabouts

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Thanks 1