IGNORED

Just back from Forest (Nostalgic thread)

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Do they not have Sat nav’s - or being nostalgic, maps - on the coaches?!!

M6/M5 misses that closure and only takes 5 mins more than when it’s open! 

Seriously, I noticed that even more if the M42 looked like being closed all weekend - that will affect us Saturday

A46 at Tewksbury up to Coventry , onto M69 towards Leicester come off onto M1 northbound missses all that shite on the M42 slightly longer mileage but no traffic problems , do it all the time M42 is horrendous at the moment lots of HS2 shite going on even without it it’s a mare 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Seriously, I noticed that even more if the M42 looked like being closed all weekend - that will affect us Saturday

Even better, A46 down through Evesham and join the M5 at Tewkesbury.  It's the way I always go to Bristol these days.

58 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably because it was his own position & he recognises that coming in for your first game since October (I’m discounting the 89th minute one as a sub v Preston) at 35 against a Prem side away is a real ask.

We’re lucky to have Owers summarising, a bloke who played the game at the highest standard.

Yeah, I've got to say, I expected the worst when I saw King and Roberts in the line up, and with Bell and Mehmeti as the wide forwards, but all four seemed to have played well. 

King and James' futures are up in the air currently but both have maintained top class attitudes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With the trips on vpn airways and streaming services, tonight felt like a trip down memory lane, where most of us would be listening to away games on the radio and waiting for the first fans to arrive back and start a thread or a post with “just back from….”!

Was quite enjoyable listening to BBCRB again, been a few years.

So anyone that’s been, be good to hear what it was really like.

For the second week in a row, we recreated one of the most famous full-time scores in our history. And we come away disappointed.

it was a mad, fun night. Bit of passion on and off. Ticket chaos. I, like many others, missed the first 20 minutes. They didn’t have my ticket. But somehow rustled one up after a long wait. There were hundreds, possibly thousands - home and away - still outside the ground at ko. 

We played well. Williams and a few others were outstanding (eg Vyner and Dickie, Bell. Even Mehmeti got involved and lasted the course). I don’t know how we didn’t score in that second period of extra time. (Well, I do. It’s us…obvs.)

We didn’t pass to Knight-Lebel at wing-back. He was just a body, trying to bottle up the right. 

I knew we’d lose the shoot-out. PL shooters and they took first pen (statistical bonus, as you know). I said to the bloke next to me when Bell was poised: ‘he’s going to miss this’. You could see it. But some poor bloke has got to miss. If Nakhi had converted his cross (delightful move by the way), we wouldn’t have needed the tears. 

Interesting night. Sad outcome. But better than listening on the radio. 

Edited by firstdivision
  • Like 4
  • Robin 1

22 minutes ago, redkev said:

People always go  OH KINGS PLAYING 🙈 but tbf never lets us down and more often than not has a really good game , really think he is the type of player / personality that needs to stay at the club next year in some capacity 

I know.  On the radio sounded like he was at the heart of a lot of good things.

Obviously we don’t know his plans, but I feel it is a mistake if it’s City (LM / BT) deciding to let him go at the end of the season.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, cheese said:

Even better, A46 down through Evesham and join the M5 at Tewkesbury.  It's the way I always go to Bristol these days.

That’s the route I’m on about 👍  I do it all the time if I’m travelling past brum up to East Midlands or further afield that way aka Boro / Sunderland/ Hull etc etc and Newcastle next year 😂😂

• Robin 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With the trips on vpn airways and streaming services, tonight felt like a trip down memory lane, where most of us would be listening to away games on the radio and waiting for the first fans to arrive back and start a thread or a post with “just back from….”!

Some very tired ramblings from me.  

It was a great day and night.  
We snuck into one of their pubs called the Nav. It was a brilliant place - great beer, and a big area outside with bbq, another bar and a huge screen to watch AFCON.  Nearly got rumbled when I couldn’t get the door and when I said thanks to the kind gent who opened it said he said ‘no probs me duck’ and then muttered to his mate ‘he’s a tractor’ 😂

At the game it was a great atmosphere from the City end and tbf to Forest on the few occasions they awoke from their slumber they did make a racket.  Didn’t happen often though…..

Thought Forest were poor - Turner looked a liability and none of their players looked up for it apart from Filipe. 
For us, as others have already said Joe Williams was absolutely outstanding. Knight and King very good. Max pulled off some great saves. Dickie was immense.  We were really really good.  Then the subs happened bang on 60 mins and it just changed.   We seemed to go into our shell and became overawed and it took us 15/20 mins to get back into our stride.  Again I don’t know why they were made but I was pretty cross in real time as were a lot of others around me.  

I haven’t watched the highlights yet as can’t bring myself to go through it but I can’t believe the chances we’ve let go. And then it’s pens and it’s a lottery and there we are.  
We deserved to win so much amd were fantastic on and off the pitch, and I’m still absolutely gutted as I’m sure many are but there we go.  Onwards! 

Edited by lenred
  • Robin 4

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Some very tired ramblings from me.  

It was a great day and night.  
We snuck into one of their pubs called the Nav. It was a brilliant place - great beer, and a big area outside with bbq, another bar and a huge screen to watch AFCON.  Nearly got rumbled when I couldn’t get the door and when I said thanks to the kind gent who opened it said he said ‘no probs me duck’ and then muttered to his mate ‘he’s a tractor’ 😂

At the game it was a great atmosphere from the City end and tbf to Forest on the few occasions they awoke from their slumber they do make a racket.  Didn’t happen often though…..

Thought Forest were poor - Turner looked a liability and none of their players looked up for it apart from Filipe. 
For us, as others have already said Joe Williams was absolutely outstanding. Knight and King very good. Max pulled off some great saves. Dickie was immense.  We were really really good.  Then the subs happened bang on 60 mins and it just changed.   We seemed to go into our shell and became overawed and it took us 15/20 mins to get back into our stride.  Again I don’t know why they were made but I was pretty cross in real time as were a lot of others around me.  

I haven’t watched the highlights yet as can’t bring myself to go through it but I can’t believe the chances we’ve let go. And then it’s pens and it’s a lottery and there we are.  
We deserved to win so much amd were fantastic on and off the pitch, and I’m still absolutely gutted as I’m sure many are but there we go.  Onwards! 

The subs Im Sure we’re made for sports science reasons , I can totally understand why they were made in the long run but understand at the time when we were playing well why people were slightly miffed , no minutes for Roberts recently , mcrorie only just back from major injury and knight seems to play all the time including for Republic of Ireland , did it understand the Conway one unless he was out on his feet but as I wasn’t there I wouldn’t know

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

For the second week in a row, we recreated one of the most famous full-time scores in our history. And we come away disappointed.

it was a mad, fun night. Bit of passion on and off. Ticket chaos. I, like many others, missed the first 20 minutes. They didn’t have my ticket. But somehow rustled one up after a long wait. There were hundreds, possibly thousands - home and away - still outside the ground at ko. 

We played well. Williams and a few others were outstanding (eg Vyner and Dickie, Bell. Even Mehmeti got involved and lasted the course). I don’t know how we didn’t score in that second period of extra time. (Well, I do. It’s us…obvs.)

We didn’t pass to Knight-Lebel at wing-back. He was just a body, trying to bottle up the right. 

I knew we’d lose the shoot-out. PL shooters and they took first pen (statistical bonus, as you know). I said to the bloke next to me when Bell was poised: ‘he’s going to miss this’. You could see it. But some poor bloke has got to miss. If Nakhi had converted his cross (delightful move by the way), we wouldn’t have needed the tears. 

Interesting night. Sad outcome. But better than listening on the radio. 

Tbf I think they're all gonna miss!

But Bell didn't miss. It was saved.

It was one of those, granted, at the 'wrong' height, but the keeper goes the other way and no one bats an eye and calls it a good pen.  

• Like 2

Just now, redkev said:

The subs Im Sure we’re made for sports science reasons , I can totally understand why they were made in the long run but understand at the time when we were playing well why people were slightly miffed , no minutes for Roberts recently , mcrorie only just back from major injury and knight seems to play all the time including for Republic of Ireland , did it understand the Conway one unless he was out on his feet but as I wasn’t there I wouldn’t know

I felt for Roberts especially.   Again I thought he was fantastic and didn’t look like he needed to come off.  None of them did I didn’t think but especially him and Knight (who may have had a little extra to give given the Derby connections!).  But I appreciate I’m talking from heart only and it’s always hard to tell when you’ve just got your view from the crowd.  To me though there was no denying the down turn in performance when they did come off. 

54 minutes ago, Manon said:

Tbf I think they're all gonna miss!

But Bell didn't miss. It was saved.

It was one of those, granted, at the 'wrong' height, but the keeper goes the other way and no one bats an eye and calls it a good pen.  

Misses a penalty is a generic term as you well know. 
And it was a poor penalty: no deception in it, nice height, not in the corner. But someone has got to miss. So no blame. He played well. 

Out sang Forest all night, but that's not difficult when you only hear them once every 15/20 minutes though.  Dreadful home crowd.  Even we put it to shame.

Played very well overall and could have won it, but then equally also could've lost it.  They got in behind us on the right an awful lot in the first half especially, but I don't really blame McCrorie solely for that - as always he was left horribly exposed by Mehmeti's inability/unwillingness/lack of instructions to track back in support.

Max pulled off some very good saves, but still needs to start commanding his 6 yard box.

I thought Williams - once again - was outstanding on the night.  Absolutely controlled central midfield all night.  Joe absolutely needs a new deal and failure to have those discussions and have them now would constitute gross negligence on the clubs part.  Arguably the player of the season, he's proven that his injury woes are behind him and he can cope with Sat-Wed-Sat workload.  Genuinely don't know what else he needs to do.

Special mention also to Andy King.  He and Williams controlled central midfield for large parts of the match and if only that shot had gone in it would have been nothing more than he deserved.

Sammy had a cracker of a game as well.  Especially considering he spent most of it in the unfamiliar wing back role.  Such a shame he missed, but I kinda thought he would when he only gave himself a 3 step run up.  I hate pens like that.  He should absolutely hold his head high though after the preceding 120 minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Agree with this and everything else in the rest of your summary.

I wrote a long reply to explain why I'm doing match reports less often (big away days and everyone is there or it's forgettable and I forget it) and to share my own thoughts, but it all disappeared when East Midlands Rail had its unusual internet meltdown and OTIB wasn't able to save what I wrote.

Suffice to say I thought we were great for large periods, controlled the game well without being defensive. Seemed to get better as Forest stretched the game by tidying up, working the ball around to force Forest to reset and then working it into the final third with quick combinations. Looked the better side.

Massive shift from all and I honestly felt we'd win it second half of extra time and we really should have done - Wells square to Cornick miss, James volley just over, Bell into Wells on the line) and Forest would have had no complaints had we done so. Penalties were always going to be a lottery after that.

Hard to single out any player but Bell and Williams were immense, Bell did not deserve his storyline, and Conway plays with a certain swagger against Premier League teams, his shoulder drop turn and finish was class. Surprised at the criticism of Mehmeti, thought that was one of his best games going at players.

The only player I didn't think was at his maximum was McCrorie but he was up against Gibbs-White and yes he had to counter balance all Mehmeti's freedom. And Cornick feels like someone who will never succeed with us, plenty of honest endeavour but seems to lack the quality where it counts. Poor man's Marley Watkins someone said to me last night. 

Finally special word for Nuno. He plays more like a conventional winger than a manager, out on the touchline and so often creeping slowly into the final third. He's done brilliantly well to get through another ninety minutes against us up and down the wing, always in space looking to affect play with his presence.

I think last night he must have been in his actual "technical area" for all of 2 minutes and spent more time on the pitch than some of his players. I'm not sure what the point of fourth officials is. He's literally wearing a dark top and is a metre or two out of his space literally on the wing. I swear we played out from the back to him twice in the first half of ET.

Great write up as usual!   Poor Old Harry!...........he had the opportunity, after all the flak he has taken, to get his name in the headlines, and become a hero not to be forgotten?   But, yet again he failed.....          Sorry Harry....but if this was a reality show, you'd be voted out?   P.S.  Yes, I know, it's mean to pick on him 😝

Edited by maxjak

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Dave. 

I did start writing this last night as a 'just got back' but I fell asleep typing it so this 'I've just woke up' instead. I arrived back in Weston at 2:45. I did stop in services on the way home tho. 

I don't do many away days these days but I'm really glad I went last night. 

I cant really give you a match report cos my view was poor and I spent a lot of the time having banter with the home fans. Its certainly quite unique to have away fans behind you and to your right. The whole second half I had a 6 year old child doing unpleasant hand gestures at me with his father encouring it. Bizarre. But hilarious. 

Went into hooters, quality in there as usual but unfortunately I did miss the 1st few mins of the game due to going to the wrong entrance and then having to walk all the way around the houses etc. 

Been to Forest a few times. They really do need to modernise the ground, very outdated. More expensive for a beer at Forest than at AG and it's simply bottles of Carling poured into cardboard cups. 

I'm a fan of VAR. Although weve had a few games with VAR in the past there has never really been much for it to do. They really need to sort out communication with the fans. You don't know what's being checked, whats not, why it hasnt etc. Kinda leaves you feeling like your in limbo. 

I've not seen anything, not even highlights so can only comment on what I saw in real time from my poor view. 

Their first goal, defo looked to be a handball? I thought the rule was any hand ball in a goal scoring situation means the goal gets ruled out? I'm certain the ball was handled. 

We did well to get back into it and up until we made our subs we were the better team. After half time it felt like a goal was coming, we were by far the better team and were on top but I can't get my head around why we made the subs. Presumably to rest players for our league campaign that is already pretty much over? The changes kinda killed momentum and for a period we looked disjointed but eventually we settled. We did really miss Knight though when we went off. 

It then became kinda clear the game was heading to ET. Forest had a few close chances. 

In extra time their defence was done. I was crying out for Tommy at that point. Wells was a nuisance and I don't know how he didn't score. Cornick worked hard. Argued with the ball boys about them not giving him the towel for throw ins. 

Cornick has to be one of the most unlucky Bristol City players I've ever known. He should have scored. Since his first game for us everything has just not gone his way. I think there is a player in there but he needs a goal or two for confidence.

There was a nervousness in the crowd as ET went on. But are fans were excellent. None of that bs s82 ultra stuff. Just proper Bristol City songs being belted out. 

Wells was brought down in the box. Ref waved play on. Forest then attacked and they ended up with a free kick edge of the box. Comes up on the screen VAR check for possible penalty. Wasn't quite sure if it was for us or them but it was for us I think. Surprised it wasn't given. 

At a corner a forest had their arms wrapped around Dickie which prevented him jumping. Thought that would be checked but nope. 

How we didn't win the game in extra time with our chances who knows. Forest were on the ropes and their players were physically exhausted. 

When penalties arrived it felt as if Forest would win it. Home crowd, premier league quality etc. It felt like they had got lucky by getting to pens. 

This is where we really needed Conway. 

I'm gutted for Bell that he missed. I was certain he would score. Usually you can tell by the walk up and he looked fine and confident. He's a lovely lad and a massive Bristol City fan so was gutted for him that he missed. 

I think Max went the right way for all their pens? But story of our night that he just wasn't close enough.

The celebration from Forest fans was well OTT. They celebrated like they had one the Champions league. I was parked down near Hooters so walked along with all the home fans and their fans were singing long into the night in the streets. But I suppose with ffp penalty incoming they know they are down. 

It did feel like a proper old school cup tie. 

It just felt like a needless wasted opportunity by making the subs. Yes we rested some players but then the rest of the players had to play extra time. I was annoyed by that walking out of the ground but then Wells and Cornick did do well and on another night they both score and then it's an excellent decision. 

Special mention for JKL too. 

All in all, fantastic away day but ultimately we narrowly lost on pens to a team that have breached ffp. That's the sucker blow for me. 

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Went into hooters, quality in there as usual but unfortunately I did miss the 1st few mins of the game due to going to the wrong entrance and then having to walk all the way around the houses etc. 

Missed the start of the game because you went into the "wrong entrance" at Hooters?  Sounds like a great reason to miss the start to be honest!

I'm a fan of VAR. Although weve had a few games with VAR in the past there has never really been much for it to do. They really need to sort out communication with the fans. You don't know what's being checked, whats not, why it hasnt etc. Kinda leaves you feeling like your in limbo. 

In fairness the screen did say what it was checking for - possible foul, possible handball etc.  I wonder if it would be better if the angle used to make the final decision was shown on the scoreboard.  

25 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hi Dave. 

I did start writing this last night as a 'just got back' but I fell asleep typing it so this 'I've just woke up' instead. I arrived back in Weston at 2:45. I did stop in services on the way home tho. 

I cant really give you a match report cos my view was poor and I spent a lot of the time having banter with the home fans. Its certainly quite unique to have away fans behind you and to your right. The whole second half I had a 6 year old child doing unpleasant hand gestures at me with his father encouring it. Bizarre. But hilarious. 

Been to Forest a few times. They really do need to modernise the ground, very outdated. More expensive for a beer at Forest than at AG and it's simply bottles of Carling poured into cardboard cups. 

I've not seen anything, not even highlights so can only comment on what I saw in real time from my poor view. 

Their first goal, defo looked to be a handball? I thought the rule was any hand ball in a goal scoring situation means the goal gets ruled out? I'm certain the ball was handled. 

We did well to get back into it and up until we made our subs we were the better team. After half time it felt like a goal was coming, we were by far the better team and were on top but I can't get my head around why we made the subs. Presumably to rest players for our league campaign that is already pretty much over? The changes kinda killed momentum and for a period we looked disjointed but eventually we settled. We did really miss Knight though when we went off. 

It then became kinda clear the game was heading to ET. Forest had a few close chances. 

In extra time their defence was done. I was crying out for Tommy at that point. Wells was a nuisance and I don't know how he didn't score. Cornick worked hard. Argued with the ball boys about them not giving him the towel for throw ins. 

Cornick has to be one of the most unlucky Bristol City players I've ever known. He should have scored. Since his first game for us everything has just not gone his way. I think there is a player in there but he needs a goal or two for confidence.

There was a nervousness in the crowd as ET went on. But are fans were excellent. None of that bs s82 ultra stuff. Just proper Bristol City songs being belted out. 

Wells was brought down in the box. Ref waved play on. Forest then attacked and they ended up with a free kick edge of the box. Comes up on the screen VAR check for possible penalty. Wasn't quite sure if it was for us or them but it was for us I think. Surprised it wasn't given. 

At a corner a forest had their arms wrapped around Dickie which prevented him jumping. Thought that would be checked but nope. 

How we didn't win the game in extra time with our chances who knows. Forest were on the ropes and their players were physically exhausted. 

When penalties arrived it felt as if Forest would win it. Home crowd, premier league quality etc. It felt like they had got lucky by getting to pens. 

I'm gutted for Bell that he missed. I was certain he would score. Usually you can tell by the walk up and he looked fine and confident. He's a lovely lad and a massive Bristol City fan so was gutted for him that he missed. 

I think Max went the right way for all their pens? But story of our night that he just wasn't close enough.

The celebration from Forest fans was well OTT. They celebrated like they had one the Champions league. I was parked down near Hooters so walked along with all the home fans and their fans were singing long into the night in the streets. But I suppose with ffp penalty incoming they know they are down. 

It just felt like a needless wasted opportunity by making the subs. Yes we rested some players but then the rest of the players had to play extra time. I was annoyed by that walking out of the ground but then Wells and Cornick did do well and on another night they both score and then it's an excellent decision. 

All in all, fantastic away day but ultimately we narrowly lost on pens to a team that have breached ffp. That's the sucker blow for me. 

Thanks for taking the time to post that. Enjoyed reading it.

As an aside, the VAR check for a penalty was according to the ratio for a potential hand ball by them in their box. In fairness, Owers said on Radio Bristol words to the effect ‘no chance ’ so assume it was not a great shout.

On the other hand, our players seemed genuinely convinced their goal was off the hand. Obviously VAR allowed it but one of those is obviously better not on the radio!

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Thanks for taking the time to post that. Enjoyed reading it.

As an aside, the VAR check for a penalty was according to the ratio for a potential hand ball by them in their box. In fairness, Owers said on Radio Bristol words to the effect ‘no chance ’ so assume it was not a great shout.

On the other hand, our players seemed genuinely convinced their goal was off the hand. Obviously VAR allowed it but one of those is obviously better not on the radio!

You're welcome mate. 

They definitely need to make improvements to the in stadium fan VAR experience. 

Yea Max was absolutely raging and considering he was best placed to see it then I'd go with that. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I'm as certain as can be that it was handball. 

44 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hi Dave. 

Great review

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, italian dave said:

Not sure mate not the driver and he wasnt the Quickest .

15 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Not sure mate not the driver and he wasnt the Quickest .

It sounded like you didn’t have the best journey getting to Nottingham either.

There must have been some big problems somewhere: our sat nav took us around the back of beyond once we got off the M1. 

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

There must have been some big problems somewhere: our sat nav took us around the back of beyond once we got off the M1. 

I use Waze and it took me m5, m42, a42, m1, a453. Left Weston at 2:15ish and parked up in Nottingham at about 5:15. Bit of traffic on the m42 as usual and then traffic when got to Nottingham but apart from that it was a decent journey. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I use Waze and it took me m5, m42, a42, m1, a453. Left Weston at 2:15ish and parked up in Nottingham at about 5:15. Bit of traffic on the m42 as usual and then traffic when got to Nottingham but apart from that it was a decent journey. 

Tom Tom. Same up to A453, but then it suggested a delay ahead and a quicker route, and it felt like we were doing the equivalent of the Chew Valley and Dundry to get to South Bristol! I’ve been to Forest loads of times and never this way.

We even went through a place called Bunny. 😂

Journey home was great. We did the M6/M5 to avoid the closure, and got back to Portishead bang on 1.00. 

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Out sang Forest all night, but that's not difficult when you only hear them once every 15/20 minutes though.  Dreadful home crowd.  Even we put it to shame.

Played very well overall and could have won it, but then equally also could've lost it.  They got in behind us on the right an awful lot in the first half especially, but I don't really blame McCrorie solely for that - as always he was left horribly exposed by Mehmeti's inability/unwillingness/lack of instructions to track back in support.

Max pulled off some very good saves, but still needs to start commanding his 6 yard box.

I thought Williams - once again - was outstanding on the night.  Absolutely controlled central midfield all night.  Joe absolutely needs a new deal and failure to have those discussions and have them now would constitute gross negligence on the clubs part.  Arguably the player of the season, he's proven that his injury woes are behind him and he can cope with Sat-Wed-Sat workload.  Genuinely don't know what else he needs to do.

Special mention also to Andy King.  He and Williams controlled central midfield for large parts of the match and if only that shot had gone in it would have been nothing more than he deserved.

Sammy had a cracker of a game as well.  Especially considering he spent most of it in the unfamiliar wing back role.  Such a shame he missed, but I kinda thought he would when he only gave himself a 3 step run up.  I hate pens like that.  He should absolutely hold his head high though after the preceding 120 minutes.

And don’t the tv pundits always go on about how intimidating forests support is , West Ham was the same about time we stopped knocking our support, 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Tom Tom. Same up to A453, but then it suggested a delay ahead and a quicker route, and it felt like we were doing the equivalent of the Chew Valley and Dundry to get to South Bristol! I’ve been to Forest loads of times and never this way.

We even went through a place called Bunny. 😂

Journey home was great. We did the M6/M5 to avoid the closure, and got back to Portishead bang on 1.00. 

Did you stop for a play, boy...?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

No problem shems coach 56 of us had a drink in Ashby half hr to fourty five mins straight in away end .

• Robin 1

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

That certainly came across on the radio, they sang there mull of Kintyre song at the start of each half and that was it. Even when they scored you barely heard anything, that could be to do with placing of the mics of course but they were very very quiet.

I listened to the game on 5 Sports xtra and thought they were pretty good, not very biased considering they were radio Nottingham people.

Complimetary about us saying we could easily have won the game. Also pointing out the lovely moment when after the final whistle, Moussa Niakhate , who missed the deciding penalty for Senagal in the Afcon recently, ran over to talk to and console Sam Bell. Well played young man. 

• Like 3