IGNORED

Stadium tour

alexukhc

1 hour ago, BCFC Rich said:

Where are you going to get tickets? Which Stand? I've just moved back to Bristol after 8 years in California and aiming to get a season ticket trying to decide where. 

Unsure yet, I’ve only recently been going again with time away, I got tickets for the Cardiff game last night in the Dolman so gonna test that, but regards taking the boy I think South Stand would be nice for him

15 minutes ago, Old School B block said:

school holidays next week. Stadium tours should be available. I know my boy would love it. Missed a trick here City 

Exactly this

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Regarding City, I've been lucky enough to have been in our changing rooms etc and have seen a lot of behind the scenes stuff that is out of bounds. It is very interesting and surprising.

I've also been in hospitality in the Lansdown and Heineken Lounges, and I think it's a real shame that some people haven't seen the facilities we have. I don't mean this in a 'look at me I've had hospo' sort of way, but I just remember how absolutely mind blown I was when I was shown these areas for the first time after the redevelopment. The attention to detail and quality rivals most hotels. 

Jerry does do occasional tours, but it's very ad hoc. If you got access to a child's football team, eg a parent or something you got a chance that way. Similarly I know he has taken overseas visitors or very ill people on a tour as a 'bucket list' request. But in general there is no paid for tour you can book online which is a shame. I'm hoping one day to see the HPC but that is very locked down but occasional tours happen there I believe.

Like I said there are stadium tours occasionally, mainly in the school holidays. I don't know why the club thinks only kids are interested and excludes everyone else pretty much. 

The things that surprised me about the dressing-rooms when Joe was mascot v Swindon was:

• the players you thought were the loud ones often weren’t
  • the players are massively pampered - “Scotty, can you cut me some socks”, “Scotty, can you get me some tape”, etc
  • Cotts didn’t want any part of it.  When we went in, he went out. Then at 7:00 on the dot “right, time to leave, this is my sanctuary now” in a pleasant tone, but you knew it was time to get out
  • Albie and Frank the authority figures, when they asked a player to do something, the players did it.
  • Flint, like Cotts, wanted no part of it, basically stayed in the second part of the dressing room, out of sight throughout

But the main thing was how young they all looked / how old I felt! 😝

11 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Does anyone know if we have a trophy cabinet or is that just wishful thinking.

More of a side table I expect 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The things that surprised me about the dressing-rooms when Joe was mascot v Swindon was:

• the players you thought were the loud ones often weren’t
  • the players are massively pampered - “Scotty, can you cut me some socks”, “Scotty, can you get me some tape”, etc
  • Cotts didn’t want any part of it.  When we went in, he went out. Then at 7:00 on the dot “right, time to leave, this is my sanctuary now” in a pleasant tone, but you knew it was time to get out
  • Albie and Frank the authority figures, when they asked a player to do something, the players did it.
  • Flint, like Cotts, wanted no part of it, basically stayed in the second part of the dressing room, out of sight throughout

But the main thing was how young they all looked / how old I felt! 😝

More of a side table I expect 😉

No its definately a cabinet. Its that big empty piece of furniture in the corner covered in dust.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Old School B block said:

school holidays next week. Stadium tours should be available. I know my boy would love it. Missed a trick here City 

We play on Tuesday so that's one day off limits for starters. I don't know if Bears or the women are playing but that's potentially another day if not two again off limits. I guess with the stadium being used more it's hard to fit tours in, also someone has to do the tour. I guess Jerry has his day to day work to do as he is an employee so he can't just drop everything to take multiple groups round on tours?

On 09/02/2024 at 13:42, phantom said:

On the subject of stadium tours I'm taking a friend to her first England game at Wembley in a few weeks against Brazil, we're staying London and doing the Wembley tour the Sunday morning - has anyone been on it?

The last Wembley tour I went on was just after we lost to Stoke before the rebuild

Done it few years back - you won’t be dissapointed, the home of football.

even though I hate it when friendlies are played there as there are to many kids there and that xxxxxx Mexican wave , prefer the important big games 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

We play on Tuesday so that's one day off limits for starters. I don't know if Bears or the women are playing but that's potentially another day if not two again off limits. I guess with the stadium being used more it's hard to fit tours in, also someone has to do the tour. I guess Jerry has his day to day work to do as he is an employee so he can't just drop everything to take multiple groups round on tours?

There will no doubt be conferences and corporate stuff going on during the day too.

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Midred said:

Related - are the coffee shop and sports bar open every day and can you access them from Ashton Road or do you have to go round to  the Winterstoke Road entrance?

Normally yes, but on the very occasional time they are closed the club do use their social media channels to notify this

By road it is easier from Winterstoke Road, but by foot you can access from either end

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Normally yes, but on the very occasional time they are closed the club do use their social media channels to notify this

By road it is easier from Winterstoke Road, but by foot you can access from either end

Thanks! Family coming down in a couple of weeks, no match, no tour but hopefully a coffee at the ground!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Midred said:

Thanks! Family coming down in a couple of weeks, no match, no tour but hopefully a coffee at the ground!

Watch out for the parking machines !

Remember to put your car details into the machine in the coffee shop -the staff will show you how if you are not sure

9 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

Apparently rovers lost all thier cups when Twerton burnt down,

they had to but a load more at ikea

This is true. Every club in the country had a replica of the Jules Rimet Trophy after we won it in 66. I learnt this in a ground tour of AG around 1995, the tour operator smiled when he said the only club not to have one now was Rov*rs- due to the fire. 

On 10/02/2024 at 14:12, RedM said:

My in-laws knowing my interest in cricket but not much about teams got me a stadium tour of The Oval a few years back. The biggest surprise to me was that the tour took place while there was a game on Surrey V Hampshire. We toured before lunch including going into the commentators box, which is an image I have in my head when TMS is in now. We even got to sit and watch 30 minutes of the game before we went for lunch.

Along the same lines, my wife got me a stadium tour for me and three friends for my 40th birthday. Unfortunately she decided to go for the nearest game to my birthday.... Away to Swindon Town! :facepalm:. It was pretty good though and there were actually more City fans in the corporate area than Swindon, we won 2-1 (Hill and Peacock) and we're asked to vote for our MotM. Everyone voted for City players, but they brought up some random Swindon player to collect his award much to his and our embarrassment. :)

• Like 1