IGNORED

Stadium tour

alexukhc

Says coming soon on the website . 
you get to see a fair bit of the stadium as part of the mascot package (u12s only), and parents do to. Might be a bit early for him though if he’s never been before. Can thoroughly recommend it though 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mattjb said:

you get to see a fair bit of the stadium as part of the mascot package (u12s only), and parents do to. Might be a bit early for him though if he’s never been before. Can thoroughly recommend it though 

Absolutely want to do that in the future but not just yet as you said not been before 😊

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mattjb said:

Yes we are doing this for the Cardiff game my lad and my nephew are mascots, they both can't wait, hoping it won't be too much for them and they've both been going to games for a while now 

• Robin 1

Just now, Mattredrobin said:

Yes we are doing this for the Cardiff game my lad and my nephew are mascots, they both can't wait, hoping it won't be too much for them and they've both been going to games for a while now 

They will love it! They will probably get a bit nervous prior to going out on the pitch but that’s normal for them.

My girl did it for her 11th birthday, said it was the best day ever! Make sure they’ve got something for the players to sign, I left it a bit last minute and had to buy a city calendar and pen on the day. Loads of photo opportunities before ko when you go around the stadium but they don’t allow photos in the changing room. 
It’s a great day for both the kids and the adults and something City do well in my opinion. 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Clues in the name.. are we doing any? And how do we book if there are?

My son has never been to the gate and ideally like to take him before breaking his heart gently, as aim to get us both season tickets next season.

My advice would be to ask @JerrySLO in the sub section

He has largely been responsible for arranging and giving them in the recent past

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

My advice would be to ask @JerrySLO in the sub section

He has largely been responsible for arranging and giving them in the recent past

Is there much point in that section anymore? It seems a lot of questions are answered by yourself, which is a good thing on your part.

Jerry organises stadium tours throughout the year, and occasionally during school holidays. I went on one with the kids in October 2022. You can reach out to Jerry at SLO@bcfc.co.uk (email on the website so I'm not offering you any contact details that are not already "out there") to enquire when he might have availability for a tour. Good luck. 

Done it years ago with my kids before the gate was redeveloped as part of the mascot package was really good kids ( and me ) loved it , also done corporate before and after ground redevelopment and always had a great time good food good company with good friends usually followed by a shite result 🙈

• Haha 2

On 08/02/2024 at 11:09, mattjb said:

They will love it! They will probably get a bit nervous prior to going out on the pitch but that’s normal for them.

My girl did it for her 11th birthday, said it was the best day ever! Make sure they’ve got something for the players to sign, I left it a bit last minute and had to buy a city calendar and pen on the day. Loads of photo opportunities before ko when you go around the stadium but they don’t allow photos in the changing room. 
It’s a great day for both the kids and the adults and something City do well in my opinion. 

Thanks for advice i will get him something for the players to sign, we did a stadium tour of old trafford ( Brother-in-law is a united fan) they got the kids to walk out the tunnel with the music playing my lad was buzzing and that was in an empty stadium so god knows what he is going to be like at our ground when its full. Glad your daughter enjoyed it. I'm sure it will be a memory she will never forget 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Thanks for advice i will get him something for the players to sign, we did a stadium tour of old trafford ( Brother-in-law is a united fan) they got the kids to walk out the tunnel with the music playing my lad was buzzing and that was in an empty stadium so god knows what he is going to be like at our ground when its full. Glad your daughter enjoyed it. I'm sure it will be a memory she will never forget 

I led the away team out when Joe and I did the tour.  30 people formed the Man Utd line, Joe led them out, 4 of us the away team.  I pretended I was Gerrard leading Liverpool out.

The OT tour is well done.  They made a big fuss of Joe. 

• Like 2

• Admin

On the subject of stadium tours I'm taking a friend to her first England game at Wembley in a few weeks against Brazil, we're staying London and doing the Wembley tour the Sunday morning - has anyone been on it?

The last Wembley tour I went on was just after we lost to Stoke before the rebuild

• Like 1

I remember during the development me and a friend were near so took a look. Think it was a Sunday and the doors to the south stand were open. So we looked inside and saw a guy working, he was like come on in! So we had a little walk around before getting caught 🤣

1 hour ago, phantom said:

On the subject of stadium tours I'm taking a friend to her first England game at Wembley in a few weeks against Brazil, we're staying London and doing the Wembley tour the Sunday morning - has anyone been on it?

The last Wembley tour I went on was just after we lost to Stoke before the rebuild

Doing the tour at some point this year,let me know what its like, We are going to the Brazil game too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Yeah did this a few months ago with my lad, really well done with some nice little extras to make it special for kids 

• Thanks 1

Shame on the club, guess it’s coming soon, but nothing going on this weekend well we got an away game and rugby us on tonight, missed opportunity n that! Off to the Roman baths instead 🙃 but hopefully Rocco will get his opportunity soon, to visit the ground and to watch us too

On 08/02/2024 at 10:15, mattjb said:

What is the mascot package like? Do you as parents get to meet the players etc? Where do you sit? 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

I've done the Wembley tour twice. It's really good. The guides are excellent and it's very relaxed, plenty of time for photos etc and it was professionally done with just the right amount of facts without being boring or overly educational if you know what I mean.

Sometimes certain areas maybe out of bounds due to events or work being done. The first tour the Royal box was, but when I went again a year or so later I got to lift a replica FA Cup 😄

I've also done the West Ham/London stadium tour a couple of years ago. That was really good too. I would like to do the Spurs one at some point. I'm not a fan, just like seeing new grounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

What is the mascot package like? Do you as parents get to meet the players etc? Where do you sit? 

You do the tour around the changing rooms etc with the kids then you go off up to the Heineken lounge whilst the kids meet the players. The kids meet you up at the Heineken lounge for some grub then they go off to get ready for going out for kick off with a bit of a warm up on the side off the pitch . They go out with the  players at the start of the game and you take your seats in front of the Heineken lounge . They then bring the kids up to you afterwards . 
that’s about the long and short of it if it’s still the same .

you get photographer photos of them about a week later 

Regarding City, I've been lucky enough to have been in our changing rooms etc and have seen a lot of behind the scenes stuff that is out of bounds. It is very interesting and surprising.

I've also been in hospitality in the Lansdown and Heineken Lounges, and I think it's a real shame that some people haven't seen the facilities we have. I don't mean this in a 'look at me I've had hospo' sort of way, but I just remember how absolutely mind blown I was when I was shown these areas for the first time after the redevelopment. The attention to detail and quality rivals most hotels. 

Jerry does do occasional tours, but it's very ad hoc. If you got access to a child's football team, eg a parent or something you got a chance that way. Similarly I know he has taken overseas visitors or very ill people on a tour as a 'bucket list' request. But in general there is no paid for tour you can book online which is a shame. I'm hoping one day to see the HPC but that is very locked down but occasional tours happen there I believe.

Like I said there are stadium tours occasionally, mainly in the school holidays. I don't know why the club thinks only kids are interested and excludes everyone else pretty much. 

• Like 2

On 08/02/2024 at 10:07, alexukhc said:

Clues in the name.. are we doing any? And how do we book if there are?

My son has never been to the gate and ideally like to take him before breaking his heart gently, as aim to get us both season tickets next season.

Where are you going to get tickets? Which Stand? I've just moved back to Bristol after 8 years in California and aiming to get a season ticket trying to decide where. 

40 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Where are you going to get tickets? Which Stand? I've just moved back to Bristol after 8 years in California and aiming to get a season ticket trying to decide where. 

Lansdown is the best stand by far - I’ve been in all of them over the years.

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

Regarding City, I've been lucky enough to have been in our changing rooms etc and have seen a lot of behind the scenes stuff that is out of bounds. It is very interesting and surprising.

I've also been in hospitality in the Lansdown and Heineken Lounges, and I think it's a real shame that some people haven't seen the facilities we have. I don't mean this in a 'look at me I've had hospo' sort of way, but I just remember how absolutely mind blown I was when I was shown these areas for the first time after the redevelopment. The attention to detail and quality rivals most hotels. 

Jerry does do occasional tours, but it's very ad hoc. If you got access to a child's football team, eg a parent or something you got a chance that way. Similarly I know he has taken overseas visitors or very ill people on a tour as a 'bucket list' request. But in general there is no paid for tour you can book online which is a shame. I'm hoping one day to see the HPC but that is very locked down but occasional tours happen there I believe.

Like I said there are stadium tours occasionally, mainly in the school holidays. I don't know why the club thinks only kids are interested and excludes everyone else pretty much. 

With regard to the HPC I wonder if tours could be arranged with Jerry during the now brief close season.

Perhaps small parties shown around for a donation to the foundation or children’s hospice?

Just now, Countryfile said:

With regard to the HPC I wonder if tours could be arranged with Jerry during the now brief close season.

Perhaps small parties shown around for a donation to the foundation or children’s hospice?

This would be good. I'm sure people would be willing to pay/donate. I would.