11 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

3 times:

West Brom

Twice:

Leeds,

Huddersfield,

Sheffield Wednesday,

Ipswich

And they say variety is the spice of life apparently....!

Our sky games this SEASON:

Rotherham (a) - sky killing two birds with one stone

Leeds (h)

+++++

Southampton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Have I missed any?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Our sky games this SEASON:

Rotherham (a) - sky killing two birds with one stone

Leeds (h)

+++++

Southampton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Have I missed any?

Nope, that’s probably our allotted four.

3 against top four sides & one to knock off a game for Rotherham & ourselves.

Incredibly unimaginative by Sky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nope, that’s probably our allotted four.

3 against top four sides & one to knock off a game for Rotherham & ourselves.

Incredibly unimaginative by Sky.

I reckon they might show the Leicester game on Good Friday. It's already been moved to an early KO.

Just flip it. If we weren’t Bristol City fans, how attractive is a mid table side who don’t score many goals and, by common consensus of this forum, aren’t going up or down this season.

The attractive games are the ones involving teams at the top or the bottom. Those with things riding on them. Us against (say) Swansea just isn’t an attractive game for neutrals.

I don’t deny Sky have a Leeds fetish. And it is bang out of order on their fans the way they make them travel. But by the same token they get more viewing figures from the Leeds fans themselves and from floating fans than a team like us would.

Its a reflection of being a mid table side not troubling the scorers at either end.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just flip it. If we weren’t Bristol City fans, how attractive is a mid table side who don’t score many goals and, by common consensus of this forum, aren’t going up or down this season.

The attractive games are the ones involving teams at the top or the bottom. Those with things riding on them. Us against (say) Swansea just isn’t an attractive game for neutrals.

I don’t deny Sky have a Leeds fetish. And it is bang out of order on their fans the way they make them travel. But by the same token they get more viewing figures from the Leeds fans themselves and from floating fans than a team like us would.

Its a reflection of being a mid table side not troubling the scorers at either end.

Exactly this. The two times we’ve appeared as the feature game on Sky we’ve been abysmal. We’re hardly easy on the eye, under Nige or Manning for balance.

55 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

For me the issue is not really how many times we appear but that the teams that appear most get paid per appearance.  Either the tv money is distributed on merit or it’s not.

The new Tv deal will have more balance, and therefore £distribution will be more even.

The current method is unfair.