IGNORED

Our support last night.

weepywall

3 minutes ago, weepywall said:

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but I think it deserves a thread of its own...I thought our support last night was outstanding, most fans standing, most singing, the noise at times was fantastic...been plenty of positive comments on various platforms today from fans of other clubs praising the numbers and the atmosphere we created even from Forest fans. Well done to one and all ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and it was great to see so many youngsters decked out in City gear joining in with the songs...well most of them ๐Ÿ˜€ย 

Looked good, surprised so many went, any idea how many ?ย 

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

according to htv west news tonight around 5k

according to the wireless last night around 2k

or sommat like that...............

I don't know why the local news said 5k, I heard the reporter say that and wondered where they got that figure from. Our allocation was something like 2.2k wasn't it, less than half what they believed were there!

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

If you go on forests forum page just like West Hamโ€™s fans saying how noisy city city fans were and probably the loudest this season , yet all our fans do is slag our support offย 

imo considering we have had 4-5 seasons of pretty poor football / results I think our support has been superb our fan base has actually grown ffs ย ( obviously not as much as rovers has ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)ย 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, archie andrews said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ using words like โ€œwirelessโ€ and calling yourself Archie Andrews Iโ€™m guessing you are an older supporterย 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Why is it that our fans make so much noise away from home when we seem so quiet at home?

Our stadium looks good. However the acoustic sound that 23K plus in attendance is average. There was more sound and atmosphere at Ashton Gate when we had the old east end , Grand stand, Enclosure, the original Dolman stand.ย 
unfortunately a state of the art stadium like we have now does bring with it the passion that City fans had many years ago.

Edited by City oz
Spelling

42 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Why is it that our fans make so much noise away from home when we seem so quiet at home?

There are IMO a few reasons but not sole. By no means City specific incidentally, appears to apply to a lot of clubs.

1) Away fans as a greater concentrated % stand. Standing fans are typically perceived to be noisier than sitting ones, if you more sedentary.

2) Away fans all together, perhaps a harder core..in a bigger stadium as the away side, home fans on 3 sides have to give it a bit more. This is harder to explain and a bit more intangible.

3) All-seater rule which feeds into Point 1 again.

I reckon it is typical of a lot of clubs personally and yet there is a lot we as a club could do to facilitate a more consistent home atmosphere.

1) 2nd or larger Safe Standing area.

2) Bin off Downsy. Or change his remit considerably.

3) Music 10 mins before kick off? Turn it right down or off, save for the little bit as the teams come out.

4) Perhaps choose something a bit more fitting to us than the Liquidator. At the Hawthorns it's excellent to get the crowd going just before, but I'm unsure it suits us so well.

I'm sure there are many things in both categories I've missed but these are a few.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2024 at 10:00, City oz said:

Our stadium looks good. However the acoustic sound that 23K plus in attendance is average. There was more sound and atmosphere at Ashton Gate when we had the old east end , Grand stand, Enclosure, the original Dolman stand.ย 
unfortunately a state of the art stadium like we have now does bring with it the passion that City fans had many years ago.

Itโ€™s nothing to do with the stadium. ย Coventry fans very amply proving that atm against Millwall. ย Hell of a racket being made in their modern stadium with everyone joining in. ย People donโ€™t sing at our place ย Thatโ€™s the beginning and the end of it. ย People try in the south stand. Iโ€™m sure people try in the Dolman. ย People try in the S82 corner. But City fans donโ€™t join in at home. ย No amount of moving seats or re acousting the stadium or moving away fans is going to change it. ย Itโ€™s a real shame but thatโ€™s the reality. ย 

• Like 3

The football on show over the last few years hasnโ€™t helped, putting our most vocal fans in a tiny corner really doesnโ€™t help either, the demographics of fans attending Ashton gate has changed massively, we are obviously targeting more families, most grounds around the country are quieter than they used too be , 2 options for me are give us a proper end , if weโ€™re doing well on the pitch the atmosphere will ramp up .

On 08/02/2024 at 20:01, weepywall said:

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but I think it deserves a thread of its own...I thought our support last night was outstanding, most fans standing, most singing, the noise at times was fantastic...been plenty of positive comments on various platforms today from fans of other clubs praising the numbers and the atmosphere we created even from Forest fans. Well done to one and all ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and it was great to see so many youngsters decked out in City gear joining in with the songs...well most of them ๐Ÿ˜€ย 

I must say, when we were being forced to our seats and I was down the front I was worried weโ€™d be all spread out and it would be difficult to make noise, but it seemed to carry - although it was clear there was 2 sections but people joined in/caught up.

i did think the crowd went (with the energy levels) around the hour mark and in that time between their goal and ours there was some negative shit being shouted.

Generally decent, as most away games are, but some way off some of the best games IMO (but might just be my position)

On 10/02/2024 at 09:53, wendyredredrobin said:

Fairly obvious really, the more vocal support tend to travel. Add the โ€œaway dayโ€ traditions and excitement and the fact weโ€™re usually all bunched together itโ€™s always going to be louder.

IMO away support tends to sing regardless of whatโ€™s going on on the pitch, because itโ€™s about the day out.

Home support tends to react to whatโ€™s happening.

On 10/02/2024 at 10:00, City oz said:

Donโ€™t think this is it at all. The place was absolutely rocking for the Man Utd and City home games.ย 
As above, home crowds react more to whatโ€™s happening rather than proactive support (ie the rest of the ground that wouldnโ€™t normally sing)

Same reason Forests support was dead, but generally seems quite decent in the Prem

• Like 1

This is a fairly new thing for us at away games. Up until last season our away support was notoriously quiet- pointed out by many opposing fans.
ย 

Things seem to have changed this season. Not sure what or why.ย 

Because s82 whilst they do a decent job (although the songs are not to my liking) it stops the rest of the ground joining in.ย 

For example we'll have a corner etc and instead of a come on you redsss or a ole Bristol City at those times of excitement they'll sing a ultra song instead which drowns out attempts from other parts of the ground.ย 

• Like 2

On 10/02/2024 at 03:53, wendyredredrobin said:

This applies to practically every other club too. The atmosphere at the Gate actually compares favourably with a lot of grounds.

On 08/02/2024 at 22:33, redkev said:

If you go on forests forum page just like West Hamโ€™s fans saying how noisy city city fans were and probably the loudest this season , yet all our fans do is slag our support offย 

imo considering we have had 4-5 seasons of pretty poor football / results I think our support has been superb our fan base has actually grown ffs ย ( obviously not as much as rovers has ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)ย 

is that the horsepunchers?ย 

• Like 1