IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

3 minutes ago, 95red said:

Bells shocking  at this level he's a weak link .

He's not shocking, he's just a young lad who will blow hot and cold and had a big hit to his confidence a few days ago.

I'm not sure if he'll become a quality Championship player for the record, but he's not shocking by any stretch of the imagination imo.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

He's not shocking, he's just a young lad who will blow hot and cold and had a big hit to his confidence a few days ago.

I'm not sure if he'll become a quality Championship player for the record, but he's not shocking by any stretch of the imagination imo.

Now now, if you play really well but miss a one on one, it means you’ve played terrible and are awful. They are the rules. In the same way that if you play poorly and score a pen, you’ve played well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Totally lacking confidence.

All forwards at all levels go through it , by hooking him won’t do him any good either , I know it’s hard but really need to keep him out there and hopefully he nicks a goal from somewhere, that’s the only way to get his confidence back 🤷

Well! It's a pretty nice first half - feels like the game isn't quite done yet though...

Ironically, it's football reminiscent of Nigel Pearson that has got us the two goal lead - credit to Manning for the set up, we looked like a swarm of angry wasps combined with awful hesitancy by the Boro defence saw us snatching the ball twice in quick succession for 2 excellent goals. Knight composed, James classy.

But from there, less good - Boro doing as you'd expect and sorting themselves out somewhat and then dominating possession for rest of half. They had a number of crosses, particularly down our left. - but on the whole we've been solid at the back, Max only needing to make one decent save. Credit for limiting their chances.

When we did play a bit of Manning ball out the back, we've broken their press fantastically at times - but get well into their half, turn back and lose possession - very frustrating. Our best chances came on the counter or looking for another high steal.

Quick mentions: - Tanner - deserves that RB spot for me right now.

Cornick - best half I've seen from him - dominant in the air, running the channels well, good on the ball...set up Bell for a fantastic chance which he should have buried and ended the game.

Next goal crucial. 

• Like 2

Sometimes I swear people forget that footballers are human beings. 

Think we've discovered in this thread those that gave Bell shit for his penalty miss. 

Bell is a life long Bristol City fan. You will struggle to ever find a player of ours who it means more to than him. He's exactly the sort of player I want in our team! 

He missed a penalty against Premier league Forest just a few days ago which saw his boyhood club get knocked out of the FA Cup and miss out on a massive game at Ashton Gate. We all saw what it meant to him after the game when he was crying. 

Of course the poor lad is going to be a bit short on confidence. Let's get behind him ffs not give him shit for missing a chance when we're already 2 nil up. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

1st half thoughts.

Which formation today; it's looks so fluid. 3-3-1-3 then 3-3-1-3-1- then 4-3-3 and then 4-4-2. Whichever, it's working.

Luke A appears to pose more threat than the rest of his team mates combined.

Our midfield is aggressive in their play and when required, out muscle their oppos.

• Thanks 1

Missed the first half hour as was otherwise engaged and phone flat

What a pleasant surprise to see a) A sensible team selection and b) What seems like a deserved lead.

Assist for Dickie, goal for James interesting. Should Knight medium term with a fair wind be aiming at 5-10 goals per season?

Edit..Cornick starting is a turn-up.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Cornick fantastic best half I’ve seen him have for us there should have had an assist there for bell.

Look so much better when letting Pring occupy their full back and finally we are using our left side effectively. 
Forcing them to go wide so defensively for the most part looked in control of our box.

Great half all round

• Like 2