IGNORED

James goallll celebration ?

kiwicolin

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Hes still champ quality.

Others may disagree but i would rather we keep James than Williams this summer. I appreciate that Williams has produced some decent performances of late but James is Mr Consistent.

Knight, TGH and Bird would benefit from him still being around too.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Sure is.

If he moves on this summer someone is getting a very good player & brilliant professional.

I think that it's vital that we keep him. His experience is invaluable  which would be incredibly useful for the young midfielders we have signed. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Edgy Red said:

Others may disagree but i would rather we keep James than Williams this summer. I appreciate that Williams has produced some decent performances of late but James is Mr Consistent.

Tis a good argument…tough decisions coming up!

I wonder if Williams is looking north.

Matty is still absolute quality imo.

• Like 3

Just now, Natchfever said:

I wonder if Williams is looking north.

Matty is still absolute quality imo.

Possibly... i like Williams but his injury record has been pretty poor for the majority of his time with us.

We've got some talented midfielders in the squad now and i think James would help their development

Possibly... i like Williams but his injury record has been pretty poor for the majority of his time with us.

We've got some talented midfielders in the squad now and i think James would help their development

Agreed, and I think Manning rates him.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Sure is.

If he moves on this summer someone is getting a very good player & brilliant professional.

I wonder Cov would take him back?

Despite the uncertainty around his future he still seems happy here.

7 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I'm sure we'll offer him a year but he could well get two or more elsewhere, at his age job security is important 

My view is I don’t think we will offer him anything.

I see the building of a younger central midfield for next season - Bird, TGH, Knight, Murphy already in situ, plus one more.  Not saying I agree with that, and I think there are good arguments to be made for James or Williams, which of the two, I would think Williams is the more likely if we are gonna retain one of the 3 (inc King in that).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My view is I don’t think we will offer him anything.

I see the building of a younger central midfield for next season - Bird, TGH, Knight, Murphy already in situ, plus one more.  Not saying I agree with that, and I think there are good arguments to be made for James or Williams, which of the two, I would think Williams is the more likely if we are gonna retain one of the 3 (inc King in that).

Stokes ?

Although I like the look of Murphy and think he's going to be a good player for us, him and Stokes may (or may not) take a year to get to grips with the Championship, leaving Bird,TGH, and Knight. An injury to one or two of them could see us struggling. For those reasons, I'd like to see James and Williams offered deals. Whether they'd accept is another matter.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Stokes ?

Although I like the look of Murphy and think he's going to be a good player for us, him and Stokes may (or may not) take a year to get to grips with the Championship, leaving Bird,TGH, and Knight. An injury to one or two of them could see us struggling. For those reasons, I'd like to see James and Williams offered deals. Whether they'd accept is another matter.

Stokes is a No10, not a CM per se.  We play 2 CMs (DMs if you like) it appears under LM regardless of the rest of the set-up.

I did say “plus one more”, because I think 4 into 2 is too light (for the reasons you suggest), so I want a 5th player.

Id like to see one of them offered a deal, I just can’t see James being the one.  I can see Williams having a chance of being offered something.  Then we are into the realms of what other offers he might get.

If Williams becomes that 5th CM, then we can go into the summer pretty well sorted in the CM / DM position…and recruitment can focus on the no10 (Twine or Twine v2) and a centre-forward.

• Like 1