IGNORED

New Artwork at the Gate

RedLionLad

I love how we've gone down our (Bristols) heritage with street art! I've always wondered why we haven't done something like that with an away shirt, or evening with that hideous grey mass at the front of the Dolman stand. That is calling for something to be put / written on it.  

Edited by Tim Monaghan
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I love how we've gone down our (Bristols) heritage with street art! I've always wondered why we haven't done something like that with an away shirt, or evening with that hideous grey mass at the front of the Dolman stand. That is calling for something to be put / written on it.  

We had that training top with Bristol City written in comic sans street writing as a nod to Bristols heritage

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I think something written up here would look pretty good. 

IMG_0086.thumb.jpeg.87c14b9f0dc9d96e47fdd9b27b024606.jpeg

42 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Always thought the club crest should be there (plus the Bears if we must). 

See my thread on the meeting with Bristol City, there's no plans for anything to go there 

• Flames 1

Fantastic work to those involved. The 2 houses as you enter the stadium Dolman / Atyeo side has a huge blank canvas that should also be looked into so be decorated. 

I do wonder what Louis thinks of it, as he has pretty much disassociated himself with the club for a long time now. (Something to do with his testimonial) 

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Fantastic work to those involved. The 2 houses as you enter the stadium Dolman / Atyeo side has a huge blank canvas that should also be looked into so be decorated. 

I do wonder what Louis thinks of it, as he has pretty much disassociated himself with the club for a long time now. (Something to do with his testimonial) 

He's been to loads of matches over the last few years....usually sits in the Heineken Lounge corner of the Lansdown.

15 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

He's been to loads of matches over the last few years....usually sits in the Heineken Lounge corner of the Lansdown.

I know his mum hosts corporate tables in the Lansdown. Probably keeps her company, certainly has nothing else to do with the club apart from watching games.
Its no secret he is not impressed with how he was treated by the club & what they made him do with his testimonial funds.

Edited by Lewisdabaron

Love to see this sort of thing, but personally would have preferred a tribute to all the 75-76 promotion team, with Captain Sir Geoffrey prominent, of course.

It would be great to recognise the loyalty, long service and particularly the outstanding achievement - once in a lifetime? - of the likes of Tom Ritchie, Gerry Gow, Gerry Sweeney and Trevor Tainton.

Hopefully to follow, plus Donnie Gillies celebrating his famous goal at Leeds, and Cheese doing the same at Arsenal would be great.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 12/02/2024 at 12:19, CyderInACan said:

Saw this a day or two ago - it's on the side of the building on the right of the Rising Sun as you look at it from the Park/Natch Wall. 

Can't wait to see it in all it's glory COYR 

My wife said that to me once but wasn’t impressed let’s hope the artwork is impressive 

• Haha 1