IGNORED

Saints already thinking of us.

22A

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely. A surprisingly arrogant set of supporters given that other than one FA cup in the mid-70s and a football league trophy they've won **** all. Which for a club of their size and given the amount of time they've spent in the top flight is a bit shit. 

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

Never liked them. Have always come across arrogant when I've ever came across one. Always preferred Pompey.

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Might be wishful thinking, but against the relegated sides I think the match at Southampton was the closest we got to an actual positive result. Still the typical one goal loss, but took a good goal to win it, and we did have a chance to score late on. Still second best, but by less on the day!

Also a function of how they play. Whereas Leeds batter you to death, Southampton bore you to death as you chase the ball, but have the quality to suddenly score good goals. A very hard team to play against when a goal down.

Got to lose their run at some stage. If our legs allow, no reason why not tomorrow. 3-0 up at half time, then we change shape 😛 and hang on to a 3-2 nervous win but relief at the final whistle. 

Yep pompey for me all day long better fans and I love Pompey & southsea 

I looked again this morning. On page 5; 

We don't need to spend all our time worrying about what the others might or might not do.

For some reason, I think this is one we will lose.... 

It must be the loneliness of your occupation that has turned you into a manic depressive.

I came away from the away game a bit unsure what to think. On the one hand, we narrowly lost to a quality strike and arguably created decent chances. On the other, I'm not sure I believed we'd score and I'm not wholly sure they got out of second or third gear.

As good as a result on Saturday, I think it'll be a tough one assuming Twine and Sykes aren't back as I'm just not sure we'll have the players to create the chances we need. I think it'll tight on paper but I reckon they'll find a way to score and I'm less convinced that we will. Hope I'm wrong but I reckon it'll be 0-2 Saints. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Some interesting comments in their thread🤣

Just jealous they’re in the land of nowhere. Proper bore fest area of England.

I know, it's a horrible place to get to from here, I did some work down there once and had to go every day for a week, God it's 80 miles that feel like 800.

Edited by pillred

20 minutes ago, pillred said:

I know, it's a horrible place to get to from here, I did some work down there once and had to go every day for a week, God it's 80 miles that feel like 800.

??

Direct train service from Bristol. Or A36 running all the way there - or M4-A34.

46 minutes ago, pillred said:

That depends where you’re coming from doesn’t it? 

I once stopped and asked a local in Norfolk for directions ( we didn’t have Sat Nav in those days) and he said ‘ you don’t wanna start from here ‘ . 
:blink:

• Haha 1

Just now, redkev said:

A36 meh horrid road , M4 A34 then M3 A33 seems to go on for ever 

You can stay on the A34. Past Winchester, all bypassed these days, then you're there in no time. A34 these days is the way to go - an underused triple then dual carriageway. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I stayed in Southampton for a couple of days at the time of the away game. It was alright. Decent historic area. Not somewhere I'd actively recommend visiting but terrible either. 

Thank you. I lived there for three and a bit years. It has some nice points. It's a tad dull. As an industrial port town it has its grim areas, as does Bristol, but it's leafy - more urban parkland per acre than any other UK city over 100.000 - and it's considerably nicer than Portsmouth which, Southsea sea front excepted, is a concrete nightmate with a distinctly threatening vibe at night. 

Occasionally attended the Dell as a student and found Saints fans very friendly and also quite well-disposed towards Bristol City. They are proud of their club's record - a small city punching above its weight - but not, in my experience, "arrogant". 

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

??

Direct train service from Bristol. Or A36 running all the way there - or M4-A34.

We were going from Midland Road, I think we used to go out through Bath and then along country roads where if you got stuck behind a lorry there seemed to be nowhere to overtake. I'm sure there must have been an easier way, I unfortunately, wasn't driving. 

Edited by pillred

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

We were going from Midland Road, I think we used to go out through Bath and then along country roads where if you got stuck behind a lorry there seemed to be nowhere to overtake. I'm sure there must have been an easier way I, unfortunately, wasn't driving. 

I'd have got the train from Bath. Quick and not vastly expensive. How I used to get home from uni. 

• Thanks 1