IGNORED

H. Roberts

ExiledAjax

8 hours ago, Crimson Crayola said:

Yep, can't remember the last time pring made a cross like Roberts can deliver 

Exactly this. Like I say I really like Pring and it certainly I am certainly not critising him but it is what I believe is holding him back from the next level.

I'm not from Bristol but had loads of mates who typically support prem sides for no connection what so ever asking about him after the Westham game and said the exact thing there. If he could deliver on end product he would be a very good prem left back buy he can't cross overly well and can't shoot 

10 hours ago, nickolas said:

Pretty much any of our players’ final balls are terrible, theres noone with real consistent quality. 

That is our biggest issue at present. We’ve got so much going for us in almost every other aspect. If we can add more quality in and around the opposition’s penalty area we will be in business!!!

easier said than done though i know.

9 hours ago, chinapig said:

It was said that when Nigel and his staff saw him in pre-season training he was even better than they expected.

When you look at the squad Liam inherited it shows that recent recruitment has been unusually successful, Roberts being an example.

Compare and contrast with the Ashton/LJ era and you can see how consistent it has been. I expect Max Bird to continue that trend.

Speaking of - some hilarious comments from Derby fans since he 'signed' for us.

Apparently gone up a level.

Just to add that he's only 21, turns 22 in May. We (well I at least) often still think of Pring as a young upcoming player but Cam is actually the senior left back at 26 years old!

So if we have both these guys here next season then we've got a 26 year old and a then 22 year old, both of whom are almost guaranteed to give you a 7/10 performance in a game. Back that up with a young lad like Leeson or with Bell as a deputy and I'd say LB is looking pretty sorted.