IGNORED

Mbude.

pillred

1 hour ago, Ashton Fete said:

Some of the comments on here about Mbude are utterly ridiculous 😂

The lads played about 45 minutes over two games, he’s on loan and if it doesn’t work out then no harm done

We’ve all been crying out for decent loans since Tammy and some work out and some don’t.

I’m more concerned about the players we have under contract who aren’t good enough that we just can’t shift on as easily as not signing a loan player permanently 

He may settle in and we’ll all be raving about him in a couple of games, if he pops up and scores the winner against Cardiff then we’ll all be cheering!

So let’s give the lad a chance 

Please name these players who aren't good enough and "we just can't shift"

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah I'm sure they were better overall, I have vague recollections of it all, some games more than others as it was my first half-season or so.

Been looking at the results , horrendous . From end of December to the end of the Season 4 wins .
The games I remember are mainly for the wrong reasons that season. I remember Ward saying "I don't know what to do next" just before Benny came in, you knew it was pretty much over then . 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Been looking at the results , horrendous . From end of December to the end of the Season 4 wins .
The games I remember are mainly for the wrong reasons that season. I remember Ward saying "I don't know what to do next" just before Benny came in, you knew it was pretty much over then . 

We drew a fair few.. maintain we robbed to varying degrees v West Brom, Sunderland and Birmingham.

Shall watch some of these though. The 4 wins came in the final 4 or 5 weeks.

Think we got 26 from the last 25 but 1 from Benny's first 5.

Having said that, the table after the first 5 under Benny..Crewe were 11 points off safety? Yet overhauled us and multiple others.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-1/03-december-1998/

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Please name these players who aren't good enough and "we just can't shift"

I said “we just can’t shift on as easily” meaning players under contract are harder to shift than loan players 

i.e if Mbude doesn’t work out then we don’t have to sign him and the loan ends. 

However, if as an example LM wanted to move on Mehmeti then that’s not as easy as he still has 2.5 years left on his contract

its just the point that we’ve signed Mbude on loan, he’s played about 45 minutes and I’m not rushing to judge him yet albeit if it doesn’t work out then he goes back to his parent club and we move on.

12 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

I said “we just can’t shift on as easily” meaning players under contract are harder to shift than loan players 

i.e if Mbude doesn’t work out then we don’t have to sign him and the loan ends. 

However, if as an example LM wanted to move on Mehmeti then that’s not as easy as he still has 2.5 years left on his contract

its just the point that we’ve signed Mbude on loan, he’s played about 45 minutes and I’m not rushing to judge him yet albeit if it doesn’t work out then he goes back to his parent club and we move on.

You also said "I'm more concerned about the players we have under contract who aren't good enough"

So name them (in your opinion) or retract the statement. Perhaps your bosses told you to post that eh?

Came on here on 27th January  39 posts since. Busy eh? Hope the overtimes worth it.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We drew a fair few.. maintain we robbed to varying degrees v West Brom, Sunderland and Birmingham.

Having said that, the table after the first 5 under Benny..Crewe were 11 points off safety? Yet overhauled us and multiple others.

Man there's a lot of red on there.

Screenshot2024-02-19at20_18_47.png.cd94ab289b5547cdf6996723675d8940.png
Screenshot2024-02-19at20_19_37.png.98e7b73bf1f4995b7a588ff33f3213ed.png

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

still cant work out how we didnt beat oxford first game.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Aaron brown had a very strange career. 

Was very good for us and one of the best attacking youngsters in the league under wilson. However then seemed to lose his way and that ended up being his peak. 

Didn't he suffer a really bad injury for us towards the end of the season? Knee I think? Was never the same after. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Didn't he suffer a really bad injury for us towards the end of the season? Knee I think? Was never the same after. 

He did. Brown being injured was a sliding door moment in one season under Wilson - he was nigh on unplayable for a period and had he not got injured, we’d have gone up. It was a clear example of a vital cog in a team being injured and it derailing everything (see also Afobe in 19/20, and controversially Lee Johnson in 2008)

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

On 18/02/2024 at 19:21, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s as simple as they’d been getting a bit (not much) stick for an unexciting window. Brian made some relatively ill judged interactions (there’s a shock) in responding to people where there was no need. They then also fed to club puppet and all round tosser Ian Gay that there were exciting signings coming who came all over Twitter with that news.

That exciting signing was a player deemed not good enough at an inferior level (note - he may be good enough eventually, but positioning him as he was didn’t play with the narrative). So they made shit up in order to make the signing more exciting.

Because they’re morons.

Perhaps Manning is doing someone a favour with this signing ( his old contacts) . I can imagine ‘ Hi Liam, we’ve got this kid whose career has stalled in Belgium but who seemed promising at Man City U21’s. Could you take him on and see if you can get a tune out of him ? . ‘ 

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps Manning is doing someone a favour with this signing ( his old contacts) . I can imagine ‘ Hi Liam, we’ve got this kid whose career has stalled in Belgium but who seemed promising at Man City U21’s. Could you take him on and see if you can get a tune out of him ? . ‘ 

Often clubs can utilise contacts to the advantage of the club but time will tell with this one.

If you look at other clubs, they absolutely do gap into contacts which can be to their advantage.

16 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

You also said "I'm more concerned about the players we have under contract who aren't good enough"

So name them (in your opinion) or retract the statement. Perhaps your bosses told you to post that eh?

Came on here on 27th January  39 posts since. Busy eh? Hope the overtimes worth it.

So your logic is because I’m trying to be positive about the club and a loan signing I must be being paid by the club?

Jeez 😂

1 hour ago, Ashton Fete said:

So your logic is because I’m trying to be positive about the club and a loan signing I must be being paid by the club?

Jeez 😂

So who are the players that are under contract but not good enough? 

I'm struggling to think of any? Mehmeti? 

This squad is a decent squad. It had the potential to challange for the top 6. Manning was brought in to do that with this current set of players. He's failed to do that. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I fear that even Ivan Testemitanu's wife would fail to get a tune out of him. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So who are the players that are under contract but not good enough? 

I'm struggling to think of any? Mehmeti? 

This squad is a decent squad. It had the potential to challange for the top 6. Manning was brought in to do that with this current set of players. He's failed to do that. 

For me it’s Mehemti, Cornick and Wells but that’s just my personal opinion really. We all see slightly different things in players 

5 hours ago, Ashton Fete said:

For me it’s Mehemti, Cornick and Wells but that’s just my personal opinion really. We all see slightly different things in players 

Manning seems to like Mehmeti.

I can see Wells going but will need a replacement and that might eat up his wage.

Cornick im unsure of. Think Manning sees him as a good squad option.

I personally think hes not "got" Knight so may seek to move on  plus unfortunately James and King off anyway.

A hunch that Williams will be off too.