IGNORED

Mbude.

pillred

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Well, what were your thoughts? to say I'm excited would be an understatement, yes he played a few minutes but showed a cool football brain did not panic and showed glimpses to me that we have uncovered a diamond in the rough. 

Agree...seems Memeti type of player but more consolidated, panic free and sure of himself.  Roll on Sat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

Well, what were your thoughts? to say I'm excited would be an understatement, yes he played a few minutes but showed a cool football brain did not panic and showed glimpses to me that we have uncovered a diamond in the rough. 

I thought much the same.

It was a shame he was fouled just after his little shuffle, when he went through two players, as I thought he was about to produce a moment of magic.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, pillred said:

13 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Agree...seems Memeti type of player but more consolidated, panic free and sure of himself.  Roll on Sat. 

Thoughts?

" Mbude" and "Memeti" have a lot still to learn but having players around them like Nakki Wales will help.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Hmmm 1

I shall stick to calling him "deary", I'll bet Manning never thought he would have luxury of bringing him on in such a stress free situation and be able to tell him to just go and have fun.

I also think the atmosphere and the whole night will have convinced him he would be making the right move coming here.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

Great cameo. Anyone think he didn’t look as tall as they were expecting though? Wikipedia says he’s 6’ 2’’ but he definitely isn’t.

Hard to tell when you are watching on TV. Looks promising. Physically he reminded me of Bobby Reid before he built himself up.

It was only a few minutes on the pitch but he showed good ball control. There’s no need to get carried away by such a brief appearance but he did all that was expected. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I shall stick to calling him "deary", I'll bet Manning never thought he would have luxury of bringing him on in such a stress free situation and be able to tell him to just go and have fun.

I also think the atmosphere and the whole night will have convinced him he would be making the right move coming here.

Spot on.

What impressed me wasn’t his ball skill but his sense that having beaten a player or two now was the time to give it, rather than showboat at 3-0.

He wasn’t as tall as I expected & definitely thought better of one 50/50 but promising & can expect a few more sub cameos, I think.

• Like 3

Far too early to judge , 11 minutes at the end in only his 4th game  and I doubt he's totalled 90 minutes of mens football so far .
Obviously has potential , and I hope we have found a gem , but not sure he did much more than Yeboah was doing ?
It would be great to be in a similar position Saturday and to be able to give him 30 minutes to be able to see more of what he's about.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

I think he is the next Diedhiou.

Not necessarily as a player, but more because none of our fanbase will be able to spell or pronounce his name.

If he doesn't call himself "me babber" by the time he leaves us, he's no Maynard.

• Haha 1

He was still on the pitch after everyone had gone off, shaking hands and looking for friends and family in the crowd. He looked about 12 and had such a wide smile on his face. Looked like he's enjoying the opportunity here. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

He was still on the pitch after everyone had gone off, shaking hands and looking for friends and family in the crowd. He looked about 12 and had such a wide smile on his face. Looked like he's enjoying the opportunity here. Good luck to him.

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Thoughts?

" Mbude" and "Memeti" have a lot still to learn but having players around them like Nakki Wales will help.

To spell one name wrong is unfortunate, to get both wrong is unforgivable :laugh:.

• Hmmm 1

His Wiki page makes for a slightly odd read. Rejecting a contract from Rangers after being there since the age of 10, moving to Man City and after a year 'contract talks broke down', Spurs apparently interested and then his transfer to KVC Westerlo for £1.65mil.

It could be that he is on loan to us to get some experience, it could be that he is one of those players who struggles to settle. 

Either way, he looks like he has bags of ability and if someone can get a tune out of him he could be a player to have quite a career, but the journey from youth graduate to the age of 20 doesn't look to be the standard one you'd expect. 

Amazed he has made more appearances for Scotland U21s that he has league games. 

His Wiki page makes for a slightly odd read. Rejecting a contract from Rangers after being there since the age of 10, moving to Man City and after a year 'contract talks broke down', Spurs apparently interested and then his transfer to KVC Westerlo for £1.65mil.

It could be that he is on loan to us to get some experience, it could be that he is one of those players who struggles to settle. 

Either way, he looks like he has bags of ability and if someone can get a tune out of him he could be a player to have quite a career, but the journey from youth graduate to the age of 20 doesn't look to be the standard one you'd expect. 

Amazed he has made more appearances for Scotland U21s that he has league games. 

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Far too early to judge , 11 minutes at the end in only his 4th game  and I doubt he's totalled 90 minutes of mens football so far .
Obviously has potential , and I hope we have found a gem , but not sure he did much more than Yeboah was doing ?
It would be great to be in a similar position Saturday and to be able to give him 30 minutes to be able to see more of what he's about.

I know its early to judge but what i saw hes miles ahead of yeboah...

looks a player.....