IGNORED

Mbude.

pillred

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Dunno, though OLeary Vyner Roberts and James did ok.

Dickie, as well.

Not sure what he did wrong.

Today demonstrated this lad is miles away from it, I get it was only his second game but he looked like a rabbit in headlights & was far too weak in nearly every challenge.

Others were poor but he was another level bad.

• Like 6

He's just kid, I agree it wasn't great but it's totally unfair the stick he's getting considering how poor the rest were, at least he made himself available and tried things, personally I was more annoyed at Cornick's effort and James failing to take any sort of responsibility in making a forward pass

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 2

Just now, TV Tom said:

He's just kid, I agree it wasn't great but it's totally unfair the stick he's getting considering how poor the rest were, at least he made himself available and tried things, personally I was more annoyed at Cornick's effort and James failing to take any sort of responsibility in making a forward pass

This wouldnt be a low cost punt though would it and hes surely on good money?

47 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Might need to be integrated etc, but have to say today he looked all at sea. 

Definitely. Little boy lost. If he’s fast no one was using that element. He seemed a bit fixed in one position. Hopefully time will improve things. 

And that’s not a criticism of him. Poor decision to pay him. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Can't remember you sticking up for Yeboah when he recieved lots of stick on here for performances that were better. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

Just now, milo1111 said:

But it was one of the worst 20 minutes from a city player for a long long time 

He was dragged down to the level of the rest of the team perhaps? I remember Semenyo playing like a headless chicken in his early performances, God, i hope he doesn't read this forum

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

The amount of people laying into him today just blows my mind. We played the wings and offered nothing, he was essentially being given the ball with no inside options and the only other option to go down the wing and cross. Someone even said all he does is cut back but what else is he going to do with no inside pass and no-one to aim for in the box?! Sykes came on and looked identical to him but on the other side and we all know how good Sykes is, this game was never going to be a game where they would shine, they were being asked to do everything and given nothing to help them.

But he didn't go down the wing, it would have been good if he did. He didn't pull wide into space, he didn't make a run forward to try and get the ball. I can't work out if he genuinely didn't know what he was doing of if that was his instructions. 

A few times he was unlucky and just on a different wavelength to others with passes.  I remember Semenyo having a similar performance so wouldn't write him off yet, and if the rest of rest of team had played well we wouldn't really be discussing it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Can't remember you sticking up for Yeboah when he recieved lots of stick on here for performances that were better. 

wtf are you on about, I would always back a city player so young, didn't even know that Yeboah got any stick, but there again I don't spend every day on this forum 

11 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

ffs, he's had 20 minutes

He came on around the 58 minute mark.

He looked like he had never played before, a complete passenger.

That’s totally on Manning, he had 7 outfield subs left to bring on & it is a world apart from coming on with 3 minutes to go when you’re 3 up.

This game was still live & doing so effectively meant we played the remainder a man short.

I’ll be amazed if he features again until the season is mathematically over.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

Manning has watched him play many times, so he said, so should have an idea about what he can do. Today he looked as bad as Low did in that infamous game. 

If he is better than all of our academy players then Tinnion needs to worry about his pathway and the next incoming transfer fee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

That’s totally on Manning, he had 7 outfield subs left to bring on & it is a world apart from coming on with 3 minutes to go when you’re 3 up.

This game was still live & doing so effectively meant we played the remainder a man short.

Lack of games this season the signing baffled me tbh.

Just an odd, odd, signing tbh. He played 2 games in Belgium, so he’s obviously gonna be miles and miles off it. Could take a month or more for him to be fully back, and that’s before even considering he’s a new signing and has got to settle in etc. Can’t see him doing enough to sign on a perm so, what’s the point? 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think you me and Fevs had a conversation a few weeks ago about DM where we were trying to figure out the lack of game time in Belgium - Tinnion and Manning said work permit issues but when we looked into that seemed not to hold water. It seems from that performance (and potentially why he didn’t play in Belgium) that he’s just one who is fine in U21s football but is nowhere near ready for senior level.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’ve seen Semenyo & Wes Burns have terrible sub appearances and bounce back but he didn’t even do the basics correct.  I’m pretty sure that there were options to pass to him not taken & with Cornick on the other side, we were light on quality . If he’s got an agreed fee of £1.5- 2m then he’s going to have to come out all guns blazing but how can we give him game time after that.

• Flames 1