IGNORED

So, at this moment, where do you actually WANT us to finish this season?

Leveller

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Interesting comment, given your posts in this thread..pot kettle.

Your thoughts on Manning, the clubs decision making and our chances of promotion, as set by the club? 

Manning: I like him , disappointed that he seems to have stuttered when it matters but I wasn't expecting promotion whosoever was in charge. I don't see this current squad a  Premiership team in waiting but certainly capable of better as some results have indicated. I think Liam will do better as he learns on the job, develops his way of playing and squad  and if he doesn't then we'll find another manager.

Club's decision making? Broadly pretty solid- I'm a big fan of Steve Lansdown and pretty happy where we are in terms of stability, financial and facilities. We are a pretty solid Championship team. Hope for better but there isn't a team in the Championship whose fans don't dream of of promotion at the start of every season- it's why we support.

Chances of promotion "as set by the club". Every single season someone within BCFC will state that the aim is promotion and it always makes me smile but it will be a cold day in hell when someone comes out and says " we're hoping for a good mid-table finish".

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Manning: I like him , disappointed that he seems to have stuttered when it matters but I wasn't expecting promotion whosoever was in charge. I don't see this current squad a  Premiership team in waiting but certainly capable of better as some results have indicated. I think Liam will do better as he learns on the job, develops his way of playing and squad  and if he doesn't then we'll find another manager.

Club's decision making? Broadly pretty solid- I'm a big fan of Steve Lansdown and pretty happy where we are in terms of stability, financial and facilities. We are a pretty solid Championship team. Hope for better but there isn't a team in the Championship whose fans don't dream of of promotion at the start of every season- it's why we support.

Chances of promotion "as set by the club". Every single season someone within BCFC will state that the aim is promotion and it always makes me smile but it will be a cold day in hell when someone comes out and says " we're hoping for a good mid-table finish".

What do you think Manning has done really well so far?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why appoint somebody to the most important role in your business and then accept that he is going to have “learn on the job”? Do you see any sign that he is learning from his mistakes? Or even accepts that he has made any?

The recent league form, even given the 2 wins against Middlesbrough and Southampton is woeful, plus our centre forwards have pretty much stopped scoring from open play since Manning has taken over. The service to them is so lacking, and they have to do so much running and chasing for minimal reward. If I was Conway or Wells, I would be seriously hacked off, because the system being played is so awful for a forward.

And then, assuming that Manning achieves the bare minimum this season (not getting relegated) we are led to believe that in the summer, JL and SL are going to offer him the proceeds of the nest egg to bring in more of “his” players to someone who shows little sign of being able to improve them.

It all feels like an accident waiting to happen, although it won’t be an accident, it will instead be a self-inflicted hobbling of the club by those supposedly “in charge”.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Why appoint somebody to the most important role in your business and then accept that he is going to have “learn on the job”? Do you see any sign that he is learning from his mistakes? Or even accepts that he has made any?

The recent league form, even given the 2 wins against Middlesbrough and Southampton is woeful, plus our centre forwards have pretty much stopped scoring from open play since Manning has taken over. The service to them is so lacking, and they have to do so much running and chasing for minimal reward. If I was Conway or Wells, I would be seriously hacked off, because the system being played is so awful for a forward.

And then, assuming that Manning achieves the bare minimum this season (not getting relegated) we are led to believe that in the summer, JL and SL are going to offer him the proceeds of the nest egg to bring in more of “his” players to someone who shows little sign of being able to improve them.

It all feels like an accident waiting to happen, although it won’t be an accident, it will instead be a self-inflicted hobbling of the club by those supposedly “in charge”.

Thanks for the heads-up.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

I think that he has intermittently got his team playing at a level I haven't seen in years.  

Whilst that's good the majority of the time however he has got us playing at a poor level that we've not seen in years! 

Today took me right back to the days of LJ and Holden. 

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst that's good the majority of the time however he has got us playing at a poor level that we've not seen in years! 

Today took me right back to the days of LJ and Holden. 

This is it, when we're bad..we're really really bad.

No cohesion, the triple substitution and impact on the game or making Middlesbrough for the final half hour are two horrible recent memories.

Norwich at Home was soporific, Blackburn Away was woeful and as for Millwall at Home...

I feel disengaged, somewhat. Yet angry at the same time at the direction of travel.

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is it, when we're bad..we're really really bad.

No cohesion, the triple substitution and impact on the game or making Middlesbrough for the final half hour are two horrible recent memories.

Norwich at Home was soporific, Blackburn Away was woeful and as for Millwall at Home...

I feel disengaged, somewhat. Yet angry at the same time at the direction of travel.

I've heard all this crap about how we've been playing well and that we now play sexy football but just failed to win. I've never seen anything which has backed up those claims. 

What's concerning for me is we have an honest group of players. We don't have players like Fammy who had downed tools. We have genuine professionals and that's what makes it even worse. 

I think he's lost the buy in from the players to his methods and is well on his way to losing the dressing room. 

These players are going to be seeing the same as us. They're gonna have their own thoughts on things like the strange line ups and subs and the playing of unfit players and rushing players back from injuries. 

It worried me the other day in Max's interview where he said something about we're in that strange position of we don't know where we are. 

We wasn't just beaten by Wednesday. They were better than us in every department. They should have had 2 or 3 more. Manning is lucky that we have a decent defence, that's his only saving grace but I'm starting to see cracks in that too now. 

20240225_043441.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Your posting comes across as someone who the club would absolutely love - come pay your money and don’t complain. I ordered the £50 steak rare and it came well done, but the setting was nice and they tried their best so…I didn’t say anything.

Perhaps maybe you don’t go to games or have a season ticket, follow from a far, hence the apathy?

A post which completely lacks passion and ambition. 

I personally hope, wish and want so much more - and do you know what, it’s possible. It’s not a pipe dream. It’s not about entitlement, it’s about ambition and application.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

hence the apathy?

I suppose you may wish to see it as apathy. You clearly are on a points mission from your original post. With my views I'm easy game for a few 'likes' etc 

I said some time ago on numerous posts/threads that after Jet left- I'd no longer get 'attached' to a footballer at BCFC. The same goes for managers- after Cotts.

It seems you have a problem if someone doesnt get posessed with incadescent rage if e lose or euphoria if we in. Maybe you don't go to matches or aren't a Bristolian?

Im Southmead born,  Knowle bread and have lived in Bristol pretty much all of my life. I've supported BCFC post Dicks so never witnessed top flight. I started back in Div 4 Terry Cooper when Marina Dolman took me to my first ever game at BS3 so at least half of my support is lower league. I don't have great expectations of Premiership football although I believed it for one season under Gary and one under Lee. Since then anyone expecting promotion with what we have is dreaming.

I'm relatively ok about where we are as a club and really hope and dream of better but not as a matter of entitlement.

If I order a burger and expect a fillet then I'm the delusional one not the person serving me.

27 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I suppose you may wish to see it as apathy. You clearly are on a points mission from your original post. With my views I'm easy game for a few 'likes' etc 

I said some time ago on numerous posts/threads that after Jet left- I'd no longer get 'attached' to a footballer at BCFC. The same goes for managers- after Cotts.

It seems you have a problem if someone doesnt get posessed with incadescent rage if e lose or euphoria if we in. Maybe you don't go to matches or aren't a Bristolian?

Im Southmead born,  Knowle bread and have lived in Bristol pretty much all of my life. I've supported BCFC post Dicks so never witnessed top flight. I started back in Div 4 Terry Cooper when Marina Dolman took me to my first ever game at BS3 so at least half of my support is lower league. I don't have great expectations of Premiership football although I believed it for one season under Gary and one under Lee. Since then anyone expecting promotion with what we have is dreaming.

I'm relatively ok about where we are as a club and really hope and dream of better but not as a matter of entitlement.

If I order a burger and expect a fillet then I'm the delusional one not the person serving me.

I’m not on a points scoring mission, I don’t need the likes - strange you think that…and strange you seem rather sensitive at someone challenging you - given your earlier posts and wish to give it the old I told you so quite prematurely about Manning to several others - all rather stones in glass houses. As you said yourself, it’s OK to be wrong.

No incandescent rage needed - you are incorrect there.

Difference between you and I is you’re happy with the basic burger and I’m not.

Then don’t be surprised when people challenge you when you suggest that the burger is as good as it can get.

Edited by Alessandro

44 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Knowle bread? I'll have some of what you're having .....

16 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Difference between you and I is you’re happy with the basic burger and I’m not.

It's the only thing on the menu at the moment- I never said I'm "happy" these are your made up words to support your agenda. I said "I'm relatively ok". 

As for saying I'm uncomfortable being challenged- I think we both know that's your bs. I never hide, go missing  or back down if I believe something unlike some- it's the best bit of otib. This is an anonymous forum so there's no walk of shame although clearly some see it as a alternative reality popularity contest. For me it's fun.

Please explain in as much detail as possible how City get promotion this season or next or the one after? Because this is something I can't clearly see but you obviously can otherwise you wouldn't be making the statements you do. And it's not about what City shouldn't be doing - it's about what they should. Explain.

17 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Supposing we did make the play offs and to the PL, assuming we would come straight back down, would anyone trust this board with £100m to spend?

If we did get to the POs and win through to the PL, I’d be giving big credit to them all, and think it would justify trusting them with new found riches.

• Like 2

It's the only thing on the menu at the moment- I never said I'm "happy" these are your made up words to support your agenda. I said "I'm relatively ok". 

As for saying I'm uncomfortable being challenged- I think we both know that's your bs. I never hide, go missing  or back down if I believe something unlike some- it's the best bit of otib. This is an anonymous forum so there's no walk of shame although clearly some see it as a alternative reality popularity contest. For me it's fun.

Please explain in as much detail as possible how City get promotion this season or next or the one after? Because this is something I can't clearly see but you obviously can otherwise you wouldn't be making the statements you do. And it's not about what City shouldn't be doing - it's about what they should. Explain.

My BS? OK well you're the one who has immediately looked to deflect me asking you opinion as a point scoring exercise and you keep talking about forum popularity - you come across in your posts as rather sensitive to being challenged. All I did was ask you a question. It's OK to be wrong. That's the point of the forum, right.

Last para - Ah that old chestnut,"if it's so easy why don't you do it"...I'm not paid £100k's plus a year to provide anyone with answers, if you want answers to that ask Jon Lansdown and Tinnion etc, that's what they are paid to do.

So no, i'm not going to give you some detailed plan on promotion, because I don't have to - BUT despite that, what I do know is, it exists, and many many many clubs overtaking us have shown that - it's just that 20 years show Lansdown still doesn't and can never learn from his mistakes. Every year is another team he says we should emulate...Brentford, Brighton, Luton, Ipswich...the list goes on, the record stuck.

So as long as they want our money and talk about promotion, that is reason enough for me to question the club and it's operations (without having to tell them what to do) until we are the club people look to emulate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

My BS? OK well you're the one who has immediately looked to deflect me asking you opinion as a point scoring exercise and you keep talking about forum popularity - you come across in your posts as rather sensitive to being challenged. All I did was ask you a question. It's OK to be wrong. That's the point of the forum, right.

Last para - Ah that old chestnut,"if it's so easy why don't you do it"...I'm not paid £100k's plus a year to provide anyone with answers, if you want answers to that ask Jon Lansdown and Tinnion etc, that's what they are paid to do.

So no, i'm not going to give you some detailed plan on promotion, because I don't have to - BUT despite that, what I do know is, it exists, and many many many clubs overtaking us have shown that - it's just that 20 years show Lansdown still doesn't and can never learn from his mistakes. Every year is another team he says we should emulate...Brentford, Brighton, Luton, Ipswich...the list goes on, the record stuck.

So as long as they want our money and talk about promotion, that is reason enough for me to question the club and it's operations (without having to tell them what to do) until we are the club people look to emulate.

You're quite right to question it, and it's not our job to answer our own questions! The high powered, highly paid help need to do that.

It isn't just about failing to get into the Premier League. We haven't finished in (or particularly close to) the play-off places since 2008. The stadium is nice, we know. Bringing the youngsters through has been good to see, we know. Unfortunately the progress on the pitch simply hasn't happened. We seem to be rooted to a similar league position regardless of the much talked about progress. Questioning why that is, while other teams seem to overcome the difficulties and go sailing past us every year, is more than fair.

• Robin 1