IGNORED

Rail industry seeks fans’ views on train travel

phantom

• Admin

The FSA has partnered with key rail industry stakeholders the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) to help them understand the issues that match goers face when travelling by rail throughout the season.

If you ever travel by rail to games, complete the survey HERE

While the survey has an away fan focus we are also encouraging “home” match goers who travel longer distances by rail to complete the survey, as they face many of the same issues as away supporters.

Who are the the Rail Delivery Group? The RDG was established in 2011 by the major passenger and freight train operator groups and Network Rail to take responsibility for coordinating and leading on initiatives across the whole rail industry. In matters which relate to football, they include stakeholders such as the police, the Premier League and FA, as well as the FSA, in their discussions.

This survey is part of their work to better understand the motivations of fans travelling by rail, the issues they face, and the improvements they would like to see made to ticketing and the rail network more generally on matchdays.

The responses are anonymous and the survey only takes around five minutes to complete, and the data will be be useful to the train operating companies who are looking at various ways of improving rail travel for football fans.

TAKEN FROM:  Rail industry seeks fans' views on train travel - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CityReds said:

Looked at going to West Brom on the train, 2hrs 40min 3 changes and £75 each. That’s just extortionate

Are you travelling from Bristol?

I’ve just looked, doesn’t look like there are any issues on the trains that day. Direct service to Birmingham New Street with the price being around £40.

Cheers @phantom just done it. I didn't mark my last journey well as it was West Ham and floods and signal problems delayed us. Then again I got refunded more than I paid for the ticket, so I shouldn't grumble really .

10 minutes ago, CityReds said:

Looked at going to West Brom on the train, 2hrs 40min 3 changes and £75 each. That’s just extortionate

Just checked in case we can go , £166.60 for 4 to New Street and just over an hour each way from Parkway.

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Are you travelling from Bristol?

I’ve just looked, doesn’t look like there are any issues on the trains that day. Direct service to Birmingham New Street with the price being around £40.

I did direct from Yatton to Hawthorns 

31 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Try Yatton to BNS. Will have to change at Temple Meads but from there it’s a direct service to BNS. There’s a tram stop 2 minutes away from there to the Hawthorns which takes about 15 mins and is as cheap as chips. 

Cheers 👍 wasn’t aware of the tram stop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It wouldn’t be far off,but it’s not right to do so because we have to save the planet don’t you know 

If its OK for Taylor Swift to fly 12 hours on a private jet to watch a game of grid iron then it's OK for me to fly to Rome for Breakfast before flying to Birmingham to watch us play the bluenoses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Done. Shame there wasn't a question re cost / value for money though.

Exactly what I thought. 

I was thinking about Sheff Wed until I saw it was £100 on the train , just can't bring myself to spend £200/£300 for a day out . 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, phantom said:

The FSA has partnered with key rail industry stakeholders the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) to help them understand the issues that match goers face when travelling by rail throughout the season.

If you ever travel by rail to games, complete the survey HERE

While the survey has an away fan focus we are also encouraging “home” match goers who travel longer distances by rail to complete the survey, as they face many of the same issues as away supporters.

Who are the the Rail Delivery Group? The RDG was established in 2011 by the major passenger and freight train operator groups and Network Rail to take responsibility for coordinating and leading on initiatives across the whole rail industry. In matters which relate to football, they include stakeholders such as the police, the Premier League and FA, as well as the FSA, in their discussions.

This survey is part of their work to better understand the motivations of fans travelling by rail, the issues they face, and the improvements they would like to see made to ticketing and the rail network more generally on matchdays.

The responses are anonymous and the survey only takes around five minutes to complete, and the data will be be useful to the train operating companies who are looking at various ways of improving rail travel for football fans.

TAKEN FROM:  Rail industry seeks fans' views on train travel - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)

Opening up the Portishead to Ashton Gate line? 😄

23 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I apologise for the late submittal of this survey which is due to the late arrival of my breakfast this morning.

And I thought the Prison Authorities were very strict regarding meal times

• Facepalm 1

I’ve replied to numerous public transport surveys over the past 4 years since I moved back to the UK. It’s a total waste of time.

The service that is needed, is so far away from what is delivered, and that is due (mostly) to privatisation. Now, I don’t want to get political, but I am. The #Tories have privatised the life out of the UK. So much so, that almost all public services are now private (local leisure centres, buses, water, sewage, leccie, gas (not Rovers)). Except for the NHS, which is next on their list. Oh, and libraries, which they just close.

Bottom line is they’ve ripped the country to pieces and then blame the leftie green tofu eating wokerati for everything.

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

I’ve replied to numerous public transport surveys over the past 4 years since I moved back to the UK. It’s a total waste of time.

The service that is needed, is so far away from what is delivered, and that is due (mostly) to privatisation. Now, I don’t want to get political, but I am. The #Tories have privatised the life out of the UK. So much so, that almost all public services are now private (local leisure centres, buses, water, sewage, leccie, gas (not Rovers)). Except for the NHS, which is next on their list. Oh, and libraries, which they just close.

Bottom line is they’ve ripped the country to pieces and then blame the leftie green tofu eating wokerati for everything.

Local leisure centres and libraries.....Labour councils, not Tory government.